"Yunho’s Past & His First Love?"

ღ Love at First Lie ღ

Part 9: Yunho’s Past & His First Love?

 

 

“JUNG JUNSU STOP!!! IF NOT, HYUNG WILL NOT GOING TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOU AS MY DONGSAENG ANYMORE!!!” Yunho shouted; obviously threatening the younger.

 

Junsu’s steps died. And slowly he turned to look his hyung with his gloomy face. Jaejoong kicked Yunho’s leg, earning a soft whimper from the other.

 

“You don’t threat your own dongsaeng with something like that, you insensitive airhead!” Jaejoong awarded another slap on Yunho’s arm.

 

“Then what I’m supposed to do? You don’t know how fast he run…we’ll lose in a split second…”

 

Jaejoong ignored him and hurried to Junsu’s side.

 

“What are you doing here, Junsu-ah? You told me that you don’t want to come…”

 

Junsu didn’t answer him and lowered his head down, sulked.

 

“Don’t tell me…” Jaejoong narrowed his eyes as he studied Junsu thoughtfully.

 

“…you stalk us…”

 

“Please don’t tell Yunho hyung…he’ll get mad…” Tugging onto Jaejoong’s sleeve, Junsu said in whispering tone, he’s looking at Jaejoong with pleading eyes.

 

“When did you arrive? Did you come here by yourself? No one accompanying you? Where did you stay?” Yunho came and bombarded him with so many questions that it didn’t even register in Junsu’s brain.

 

“He came here with me…” Couldn’t bear letting Junsu to take the fall, he stepped out from the hiding place and revealed himself eventhough he’s too aware of the consequences.

 

“You…from the ‘M’ Corruption…I mean…’M’ Corporation…” Jaejoong blurted.

 

“YOU!!!” The muscle knotted at Yunho’s jaw, his finger pointing at him.

 

“WHAT DID YOU DO TO JUNSU?!!” Yunho pounced on Yoochun and grabbed him by his collar.

 

“HYUNG/YUNHO-AH!!!!!” Both of Jaejoong and Junsu scrambled to stop Yunho from letting his rage on Yoochun.

 

“DID YOU KEEP JUNSU AS HOSTAGE?! TO THREAT ME? WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?? MONEY?!!!!!”

 

“Yunho, stop!!!”

 

“Hyung, please stop!!! Stop please!!!!!” Junsu cried out as he’s trying to pull Yunho away from Yoochun. Even if he combined his strength with Jaejoong, Yunho’s still dominating it.

 

“I DON’T WANT ANYTHING!!!” Yoochun shouted out in his defense.

 

“YOU BASTARD! I WARNED YOU BEFORE! IF YOU LAID YOUR HANDS ON MY DONGSAENG, I’LL KILL YOU!”

 

“Hyung, please…don’t do this please…I came here with Yoochun on my own will…” Junsu begged.

 

“Like I’d believe that! It’s probably another trick!”

 

Jaejoong darted a confused look between the two. He couldn’t actually quite grasp the whole situation. So the two of them know each other? Is that what Junsu really meant by Yunho don’t like Yoochun?

 

“YOOCHUN IS MY LOVER!” Junsu announced.

 

“What?!!!”

 

“We’ve been dating for two years already…” Junsu’s chin quivering as he told Yunho the truth. He knows Yunho would be disappointed if he finds out about that, and that’s why he decided not to tell. But for how long they could keep it away? Junsu wanted his hyung to be happy; for him to find his own happiness like the way he found happiness with Yoochun – Yunho’s rival and enemy.

 

Yunho turned away from Junsu and back on Yoochun. That was it. He was outraged.

 

“YOU SON OF A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Clenching his jaw, Yunho punched Yoochun on his face.

 

Junsu’s gaze flew to Jaejoong. The tears rolled down from his eyes.

 

“Jae hyung…please do something…please…”

 

“JUNG YUNHO STOP AT THIS INSTANT!!!” Jaejoong’s sudden outcry drew away Yunho’s attention from Yoochun. He had his fist in the air, ready to launch another blow on the defenseless Yoochun.

 

“Are you lost your mind? I don’t know you’re this kind of person; acting rashly. And above all, you chose violence to settle the problem?”

 

“You don’t know who he really is, Jaejoong-ah…”

 

“You know each other…so what?”

 

“We’re actually best friends…” Yoochun exclaimed and that earned him a death glare from Yunho.

 

USED to be best friends! We’re through the second you stabbed me from behind and threw me under the bus!”

 

Jaejoong held up both of his hands and stepped in the middle to avoid them from killing each other. Junsu on the other moved to Yoochun’s side and linked their arms together.

 

“I don’t know what really happened between you two, but can’t you just get it over with for the sake of Junsu?”

 

Yunho scoffed.

 

“That would never happen in million years…”

 

Jaejoong disbelieved with what he just heard.

 

“I could accept you and gave you a chance, then why can’t you?”

 

“W-what? That’s two different things…and what I did was nothing compared to what he put me in.”

 

“Excuse me, what you did was nothing?” Jaejoong arched his brow.

 

“No…that’s not what I really meant…he embezzled the money from our company and put my career, my life in jeopardy! I was left to face the bankruptcy while he started his own business! Best friend don’t do that to you!” Yunho stressed it out so that Jaejoong would understand the reason why he’s acting that way.

 

“But you didn’t. You survived.” Yoochun exclaimed.

 

“And you think that would give you the right to breathe in relief?! If not because of Changmin, only God knows what would happen to me and Junsu…!”

 

“You think I’d just let you suffer?” Yoochun countered.

 

“I don’t think…you proved it to me that you cannot be trusted. And now that you’re dating my dongsaeng, you think I’d just forgive you and approve your relationship? Who knows what you keep under your sleeve? You’re probably just taking advantage upon his weakness and using him against me…”

 

“You’re wrong! I love him!”

 

“You think I’d believe that?” Yunho snickered.

 

“Hyung…Yoochunnie meant no harm…in fact, he helps me to help you…and he already paid back the money…” Junsu interrupted.

 

“That’s not going to change a thing. I trusted you. You’ve been there with me for as long as I remember. We built the company together; you’re supposed to be my right hand and then what? You betrayed me.”

 

Yoochun moistened his lips and stepped closer to Yunho. Junsu let go Yoochun’s hand searched for Jaejoong. He saw Jaejoong’s staggering with his hand reaching out the wall for support.

 

“Look… I know what I did was wrong…and there’s no reason for you to forgive me… I won’t ask for too much…just give me a chance to redeem myself…”

 

“Jaejoong hyung?”

 

Jaejoong wasn’t really listening to it. His hand clenched tightly onto his stomach and the cold sweat started to form on his forehead. It’s too painful, his head throbbed and his stomach churned ominously. He tried to stand only to find himself gagging the next minute. Jaejoong slid down to the floor.

 

“Jaejoong hyung? Are you okay?”

 

When Jaejoong didn’t say anything, Junsu crouched in front of Jaejoong.

 

“Hyung?”

 

Jaejoong bit his lower lips and tried to breathe properly, hoping that the pain somehow will go away. But it didn’t.

 

“Junsu-ah…” Jaejoong called Junsu, his face scrunched up - a clear evidence of how it’s too much for him to bear.

 

“…call your hyung…hurry up!”

 

*************************

 

Yunho thought that his heart was dropped when he heard Junsu’s screaming. He’s beyond panic when he heard Jaejoong’s crying out in pain. He was scared to death! What he fears happened nonetheless. Jaejoong vomited again and this time, it worst than before. He’s sick and there’s nothing that he could do since Jaejoong was against his idea to call for a doctor.

 

“I was so stubborn and don’t want to listen to you and now I vomited again…you won…” Jaejoong grinned weakly.

 

“How could you say something like that? How can you even joke in your condition like this? Can’t you see that I’m really worried?”

 

Jaejoong’s face softened.

 

“I can see that…that’s why I made a joke, to cheer you up…”

 

Yunho breathed out and heaved a heavy sigh.

 

“It’s not me who needs to be cheered up…but you…we need to bring you to the hospital…you’re sick!”

 

“I’d be fine…really…don’t worry about me too much…”

 

“Jaejoong-ah…”

 

“I’d agree to go to the hospital only if you agree to make up with Yoochun…” Jaejoong saw Yunho’s mouth moved like he wants to argue something so he hurried on.

 

“…deal with it…You said yourself, everyone has their own reason in doing something – there are some that can be told and there some that couldn’t. I don’t want to hear any excuse…so go now…I want to sleep…” He pushed Yunho away while motioning to him to go to Yoochun.

 

“Go now…Junsu will accompany me…go…”

 

Yunho rolled his eyes. He looked at Yoochun who’s waiting out at the terrace and then back to Jaejoong. Jaejoong pretended that he’s already asleep, leaving Yunho with no choice.

 

“You’re right about something…you definitely are stubborn…” Yunho said, reluctantly made his way to the terrace. Jaejoong heard the sound of the footsteps getting farther away and slowly he took a peek.

 

He smiled.

 

*************************

 

Yunho awkwardly stood next to Yoochun. He didn’t say anything for a long moment, only a sigh emitted from the tip of his lips.

 

“You got married to a wonderful person…I’m happy for you…” Yoochun began.

 

“He’s so demanding that I can’t even say ‘no’. So stubborn that I’m not willing to let him down…”

 

Yoochun replied with a soft chuckle.

 

“I know…I can see that…and I also can see how much you really love him…”  

 

Yunho stayed in silence. Really love him – that’s one absolute fact, there’s no need to argue that. The first day they recited ‘I do’, that was also the day where he placed his life in Jaejoong’s hand.

 

“Correct me if I’m wrong…but you ARE topping right?” Yoochun teased.

 

“One more word, I’ll push you down from this building” Yunho replied grudgingly. Yoochun immediately locked his mouth, trying hard not to imagine the circumstances of his death.

 

They let the silence sneaked in for the second times. Both of them were staring out on the space. They appeared to have a blank expression on their faces but only they know what’s going on their heads.

 

‘What to say?’, ‘Where to start?’ – all sort of questions were running inside their minds but nothing seems to be right.

 

“I won’t ask you to forgive me…but still…I’m sorry…” Yoochun murmured. Yunho closed his eyes tightly. They still have to face it whether he like it or not. It’s not like they can pretend like it never happened. It did happen and it affected their lives. And it’s not like they can start from the beginning all over again.

 

“We’ve been together like forever…We grew up together; we know too much about each other that it’s useless to lie…”

 

“…we love the same things, we dream the same dreams, we ran on the same pace, sharing the same desire….”

 

“We’re friends but yet rival at the same time…” Yunho finished up for Yoochun. Yoochun nodded, smiled softly as he reminisced.

 

“But that’s not a healthy competition. It’s like we’re running in circle, we achieved nothing… before we realized, we reached the adult phase where we’re required to be responsible on something…on someone…” Yoochun paused, taking his time inhaling deeply.

 

“…that’s why I decided to leave the company and part away from you…I might have chosen the wrong way to exit from your life but it was the right decision to do…it was harsh but I believed that’s what motivated you to become stronger as you are today…” He looked over to Yunho.

 

“Don’t you think it’s great that we finally not fight to win or to own the same thing?”

 

Yunho didn’t answer.

 

“We finally have something that we can call as a life…”

 

What Yoochun said made him thinking. Is it just him or what Yoochun said does make sense. Yoochun must put a lot of thought into it before he’s leaving. Starting out the business of hotel and resort was originally his idea after all. Yunho glanced at him. He called himself as his best friend; he claimed that they can read each other mind and if that really was the case, he should able to foresee the real intention behind Yoochun’s action. But, what he’s been doing all this time? Blaming Yoochun unendingly? He let his anger and hatred took control.

 

Maybe Jaejoong was right about him. Maybe he’s not that matured like he thought he is compared to Junsu.

 

“Aaahhh I think I need to carry Junsu back to our room, if not you have no place to sleep tonight…” Yoochun scratched his head, eyeing on the sleeping figures on the bed. Junsu drifted to sleep while hugging Jaejoong; like a son hugging his mom for protection.

 

Yunho’s eyes softened. That was indeed a beautiful view to see. Two people that he loves the most sleeping like that.

 

“So…now that you’re married…What about your first love that you’re bragging the most?” Yunho was taken aback when Yoochun suddenly brought that up.

 

“Ahhh? That?” Yunho’s gaze trailed off to Jaejoong. And then a warm smile washed away his cold face.

 

“You’re looking at him now…”

 

 “Sorry?” Yoochun furrowed his brow; confused.

 

“My first love…I got married to my first love…” Yunho rephrased. Yoochun’s eyes widened.

 

“Kim Jaejoong-shi? Seriously?!! He’s your first love?!!!” Yoochun restrained himself from shouting; don’t want to wake them up. He then burst into a chuckle, a wide smile on his face, really hard for him to believe it.

 

Yunho nodded, affirming it.

 

“My only love…But he doesn’t know about it though…”

 

“Why not? I mean, that was one shocking and touching story…”

 

“I bet Junsu already told you about how we got married at the first place…”

 

Yoochun then went ‘aahhh’ as he recalled about it. He nodded.

 

“Jaejoong will probably think that it was just another lie…”

 

Yoochun’s gaze followed Yunho as he walked back into the room, carefully arrange his steps avoiding making noises.

 

“First love” Yunho uttered, loving the sound of it. If only Jaejoong know that he stole his heart from the moment he first laid his eyes on him.

 

 

*Flashback

Junsu wasn’t born in a normal way. If one asks him, he would say that it was a miracle that brought Junsu to this world. The unfortunate tragedy took away their parents’ life and their mother died while Junsu’s still breathing inside her; but barely. He was suffocating. The doctors succeeded to save Junsu but that tragedy affected him.

 

Junsu had a problem in memorizing things; learning words were the hardest thing for him. At first the doctor thought he’s mute. He thought that he’s mute. After the death of their parents; Yunho had to learn to earn for living and raising a baby at the same time. It was tough as hell. They had no other relatives that they can ask for help, no one to confide. There’s no one that willing to look after Junsu when he’s a baby while he’s working and he cannot afford to place him in nursery.

 

Yoochun helped him to find a working place where he can keep his eyes on Junsu at the same time. Feeling sympathy for him, the owner of the convenience store offered him a job and even a place to stay just right above the store. No one says that it was easy but he had no choice and Junsu needs his attention. Sending Junsu to a Specialize school would cost him so Yunho decided to teach him himself.

 

Yunho’s hard work started to pay off slowly as he’s witnessing Junsu’s improvement. It was when he’s 5 years, he started to talk. He still remembers the tears he shed when he heard Junsu called him ‘hyung’.

 

Several years passed and the cost of living added up. Working at the convenience store alone wasn’t enough so he took several part time jobs. When he’s out to school, the owner will look after Junsu.

 

It was 3 days before he’s turning 20 when he first met Jaejoong. But he doubted Jaejoong would remember that. And Junsu was 13 years old at that time. But despite his real age, Junsu had a slow growth both physically and mentally speaking. In other people’s eyes, he’s probably still a kid – an innocent kid.

 

“Is this all?” Yunho asked and started to run the items on the scanner.

 

“Are you new here? I’ve never seen you before…”

 

Jaejoong smiled and nodded. He tucked the locks behind his ear.

 

“I just moved two blocks from here…”

 

Junsu entered the store while carrying a dolphin plushie gingerly inside his arms. He moved up beside the counter and eyed for the ice-cream. Yunho saw that and mouthed to him asking him to wait. And wait is what Junsu exactly do. He waited, didn’t budge, his eyes staring intently at the ice cream.

 

“Hmmm…I don’t know which one to choose…everything looks so tempting…” Jaejoong bent lower while tapping his mouth with his finger. He then looked over to Junsu.

 

“Can you help me choose?”

 

Junsu blinked his eyes twice to Jaejoong, titling his head slightly looking at Yunho like he was asking for permission. When he saw Yunho nodded, he slowly moved his finger pointing to the flavor he really loves.

 

“I was thinking the same thing too…” Jaejoong ruffled his hair and then picked two ice creams out of the freezer; one for him and one for Junsu. Placing the money on top of the counter, he then walked out while bid Junsu goodbye.

 

Their encounter with him didn’t stop at just that. Jaejoong would always stop by the store on his way back from work. Even when he didn’t have anything to buy, he would stop just to meet Junsu – talking to him, spending some times with him. They grew close with each other, while Yunho would always steal a glance of him from behind the counter. He didn’t have the courage to approach Jaejoong and all he could do admiring him from far.

 

Kim Jaejoong to them is like a bright sun that lightened up their gloomy days; someone they want to keep by their side and someone they don’t want to lose.

 

*************************

 

That day, like any other day, he watched as Jaejoong leaving the store while waving goodbye to Junsu.

 

“Junsu-ah…” He quickly called for his dongsaeng as soon as the youngest stepped into the store.

 

“Do you like Jaejoong hyung?”

 

Junsu nodded his head frantically.

 

“Junsu-ah…hyung promised you, hyung will work harder from this day onward and one day hyung will propose him…” Yunho voiced out his intention while spacing out dreamily.

 

“Really hyung?! Then Jaejoong hyung will be my hyung?! Like forever?”

 

Yunho nodded with a big grin. But the smile on his face didn’t last longer when he saw Junsu’s gloomy face.

 

“Hyung…I think something happened to Jaejoong hyung…”

 

“What did you say like that?”

 

“He cried just now…and there’s a blood on his hand…he said that it’s just a small injury and asked me not to worry but it seems like he couldn’t stop crying…it must be really hurt…”

 

That night, Yunho had trouble to fall asleep. He just couldn’t stop thinking about what Junsu told him. He had a hunch but was hoping that it’s not true. When he wanted to ask Jaejoong about it, Jaejoong stopped coming to their place and the last thing he heard about him was that, he had already moved.

 

He was devastated but that’s not the reason for him to give up. He had a feeling that they will meet again in the future and so, he locked his dream to marry that man inside his heart for as long as he had to. He made a promise to himself that when they meet again one day, he will just ask for his hand and will never let him go.

 

*Flashback End

 

 

“How can I tell you about it? How can I tell you that you ARE my first love? Would that makes any different? You are with me now and that’s what matter…” Lying on the bed next to Jaejoong, Yunho watched as the latter sleeping peacefully. He wrapped their hands together and gently applied kisses on his forehead. His action caused Jaejoong to stir up from his sleep.

 

“I’m sorry…did I wake you up?”

 

He shook his head slowly. A satisfaction sigh came out from his parted lips. He looked out far on the sky and realized that it’s already night.

 

“I’ve been sleeping for how long?”

 

“Hours…” Yunho answered while playing with Jaejoong’s hairs. Jaejoong breathed deeply, the pain in his head easing. The uncomfortable feeling in his stomach was also gone.

 

“Your skin’s burning hot…are you sure you don’t want me to call for doctor?”

 

Jaejoong swallowed down. His throat felt dry.

 

“You’re right…but apart from that I feel better now…much better…really…”

 

“Okay…I’m not going to force you to do something that you don’t like…” Yunho brought their intertwined hands close to his mouth and kissed it softly.

 

“I love you…I really love you…” Yunho said and he makes sure that it’s loud enough for Jaejoong to hear. He wanted to let Jaejoong know that he’s being serious; he hoped that Jaejoong could see his sincerity.

 

A smile tipped up at the corner of Jaejoong’s mouth. He brought his hand to caress Yunho’s cheek, his eyes staring lovingly into Yunho’s eyes. And slowly he pulled Yunho’s face down closer to him until their lips brushed each other.

 

*************************

 

*At Seoul

Changmin buried his face into his hands. Never in his life had he felt that useless. But what else that he’s capable to do except from sighing and cursing under his breath? Junsu’s a complicated child to understand to begin with. He doesn’t have that much friends. Aside from his hyung, his hyung’s friends and his co-workers, Changmin doubted that he will make friends outside.

 

“Changmin-ah…we’ll find him…” Kyuhyun ran his hand on Changmin’s back, encouraging him.

 

“He might be lost somewhere but we’ll definitely find him…if he’s kidnapped, they’d probably have already called us and ask for ransom…”

 

“There’s several hours left and if he still doesn’t return after 24 hours passed, then we’ll make a police report, okay…”

 

Changmin rubbed his face and sighed. Kyuhyun was right. But whatever that is, he really hoped that there’s nothing bad happened to Junsu and if not there’s no way Yunho would forgive him. And he doesn’t think he’d forgive himself anyway.

 

“Junsu-ah…where are you? Please be okay…”

 

***************************************************************

 

Preview for the next chapter: “3rd Person?”

 

After their trip to Jeju, Yunho was expecting some improvement in their relationship. But the Jeju Project which was assigned to Jaejoong required him to stay in that island most of the times. Their quality times suddenly lessened up and then he was told that there’s a 3rd person in between them?

 

***

 

Changmin: *stepped in front of Junsu, blocking him* “Yah~ Don’t you know how to send me a simple text message? Telling me where you are, telling me that you’re alright?”

 

Junsu: “I did texted you, hyung…I mean, I asked Yoochunie to do it for me…”

 

Changmin: “I don’t receive any…”

 

Junsu: *pulling Yoochun’s hand* “You told me that you’re already texted Changmin hyung for me…”

 

Yoochun: “Yes I did…” *show them the proof* “See…here, to Changmin hyung”

 

Changmin: “But I didn’t receive any!”

 

Junsu: “Ahh Chunnie, you sent to the wrong person…I didn’t save his name as ‘Changmin hyung’…I saved his contact number as ‘Lawyer Shim’” *showed them the list of his contact number*

 

Yoochun: “Err…you wrote ‘Tower Shim’ instead of ‘Lawyer Shim’. *he pointed it out*

 

Junsu: “So? It doesn’t look any different to me” *eyed Changmin from head to toe with innocent look*

 

Changmin: “Aishh this kid!”

 

~Stay tuned for the next chapter~ ^^

 

***************************************************************

A/N: Please support me by subscribing and comments are most welcomed^^ thanks.