Roommates

Escape

 

28th October. 1232 hours

 

“I don’t care who you are. I just don’t want you messing with my stuff!”

Sehun and Sulli were on their way back to their room when they heard shouts from the room they encountered earlier that day. It wasn’t in their nature to pry into somebody else’s business but curiosity got the better of them. Plus, the door was wide open.

“Do you even know who I am?! I’m the daughter of-“

“Yeah yeah yeah, you’re the daughter of someone powerful and rich and your dad’s going to come and rescue you soon blah blah blah. Well, newsflash princess, you’re here and as far as I know, once you’re here, it means you’re done for. You’re as good as dead, got it?” He sneered and sat on his bed.

They watched as the girl’s face scrunched up in anger. Her eyes turned white, fully blank with no pupils in sight.  All of a sudden, the boy she was fighting with looked as if his life and free will had been out of him. He stood and bowed to her as if he was a puppet following his master’s orders.

“Say you’re sorry,” the girl commanded.

“I’m sorry,” the boy said, the words forced out of his mouth.

Then, everything was over.  The girl’s eyes were no longer white and the boy stood up from his bowing position, clueless to what just happened. The girl smirked.

“Apology accepted.”

Realization hit him hard as he remembered what the girl did to him. His eyebrows furrowed, eyes glaring at the girl who had her head high in the clouds. He looked like he was about to attack her. Sehun knew what he had to do before things get worse and Sulli seemed to have the same idea.

Without wasting a second, they charged into the room. Sulli went and threw her arms protectively around the girl while Sehun brought the boy down to the ground, pinning him against the floor while he struggled to get up and attack the girl. The girl was shaken though Sulli tried her best to comfort her.

“Get a hold of yourself Jongin!”

“That needs to be taught a lesson!” he shouted, still livid with anger. He snapped his eyes shut. Sehun knew immediately what he was about to do. He slapped Jongin out of his concentration before he could do anything worse.

“Jongin, stop it! If you don’t control yourself, the guards will come.”

That took Jongin out of his livid state. He took a deep breath and pushed Sehun away from him. He stood up, avoiding the stares of other people in the room. He picked up his book that was thrown away due to his rage and irritation, sat at the corner of his bed and shut himself away in his own world.

Sehun sighed and turned to the two girls.

“Are you alright?”

“I’m fine,” the girl answered, still shaken by everything.

“Have they brought you anywhere yet?”

“If you mean the guards, then no. They brought me here, rudely might I add, and then left me to deal with this obnoxious bastard,” she glared at the boy whose mind has left the building. “By the way, I didn’t catch your names. My name is Jung Soojung. I’m the daughter of-” she stopped when she heard Jongin growled though his eyes were still on his book.

“My name is Sehun and this is Sulli. If the guard hasn’t come to you yet, then I guess we have nothing to worry about.”

“Why do we have to worry?”

“You see, every one of us has a device planted in our hands by the doctors that tells them when we’re using our powers.”

“And what will happen,” she gulped,” if they find out that we used it?”

“If it was something we couldn’t control then you’re pretty much safe, I think. But if it was on purpose, I heard that they would take the person down and drug him with strong drugs so that his dying process speeds up but nobody really knows. “

Soojung gasped. Jongin scoffed.

Sehun took Sulli’s hand and dragged her out of the room, leaving a stunned Soojung behind. Sulli took one last glance before shifting her vision to Sehun.

“Will she be alright?” Sulli asked worriedly.

“She’ll be fine,” Sehun said dismissively.

When they finally reached their room, Sulli looked at Sehun, wanting to know more.

“Hey Sehun, I thought you weren’t friends with that guy in that room earlier.”

“We’re not exactly friends. More like acquaintances. We came from the same town but I don’t know him that well,” Sehun stopped, wondering if he should continue.

“Go on,” Sulli urged.

“He doesn’t really like me.”

“Why?”

“I’m basically the reason he’s here.”

Before Sulli could ask more, the door snapped open, revealing two guys in uniforms. Sehun sighed and stood up, approaching the two guards who were waiting for him.

“I’ll tell you later tonight, alright?”

Sulli nodded and watched as Sehun followed the guard out of the room. Dread filled her entire being as she was left alone.

 

 

~**~

 

 

Soojung was still stunned by the piece of information shared by Sehun. She didn’t know if she should believe him or not but decided that she won’t be taking any risk and follow his warning. Her understanding of how the world works were crushed anyway and she didn’t know what to believe in anymore so what does she have to lose?

Soojung glanced at Jongin who was still not quite there yet. She wondered what Sehun was trying to stop him from doing. She knew he was trying to stop him from using his powers but what specifically? What was his power? Was it something dangerous?

She shook her head, shoving the thought away. She wished she could have a roommate that was more understanding and not some obnoxious bastard. Her mind quickly drifted to the moment he was acting like a raging beast.

She admitted that he was scary and seemed as if he was about to consume her whole being. If it were not for Sehun and Sulli, she was sure that Jongin would attack her and rip her from limb to limb. She shook her head again, attempting to push away the horrifying image of Jongin as a savage beast and her as his prey. She hoped no one had seen their little commotion because the last thing she wanted to do was attract more attention and ruin her already damaged life.

Unfortunately, somebody did.

And that somebody was determined for her and her roommate to join him.

 

 

 

 


 

Author's Notes:

 

And so, Kaistal came into their lives :D The gif right up there is an example of when Soojung uses her powers. I bet you thought it was something like Storm in X-Men when you first saw that gif, huh? Well, you're wrong :P If you haven't noticed, more and more people ended up with a co-ed room. I wonder if there's a reason behind it? Maybe or maybe not. Can you guess who was that somebody in the last line? I'll give you a hint, it has something to do with Chanyeol and Luna :D

Stay tune for the next update :)