Strangers

Escape

 

28th October. 1202 hours

 

Sulli settled herself on a table while Sehun queued to get them food.

“Hey.”

She was startled when she saw someone set a tray in front of her. She looked up and was even more surprised when she saw it was the boy with fire, sitting across her with a big grin on his face. She didn’t have to be here long to know it was just unusual for someone to smile so much in a place full of misery. Sehun's face told her that.

“I’m Chanyeol.”

She hesitated whether or not she should enclose her name to him. Fortunately, before he could question her lateness in answering him, Sehun appeared with two trays in his hands. Sulli quickly got up to help him.

“Sehun, I think we should go to another table.”

“Why?”

Sulli subtly pointed to the fire boy with her eyes, who noticed them and waved. They both looked at him and smiled politely. Sehun nodded, signalling that he understood and both of them scurried off to find another table. However, when they were settled on one, the fire boy came to them and sat beside Sehun.

“Mind if my friend and I sit here?” he asked.

“Friend?”

“Chanyeol!”

Sehun and Sulli turned around to see a girl full of smiles coming towards them with a tray on her hand and the other waving at them. Oh great, there's two of them. Before they could decline, the two cheery friends were already settled comfortably beside the both of them.

The atmosphere between the two intruders felt so weird to the both of them. They were chatting away with each other as if this was lunchtime at school. The guards were eyeing the four of them, prepared to break them up if anything suspicious was going on. They were standing out as most of the others ate in solitude and silence. It felt different but not entirely bad.

“Hello there! My name is Sunyoung but I’d prefer you call me Luna. Has Chanyeol here been a trouble to you guys?”

“Um…”

“Trouble? Luna-ssi, I’m an angel. How can I be trouble?”

Luna gave him a slight glare before slapping his arm. Chanyeol jerked back, rubbing his arms.

“Yah! If you weren’t being a trouble, then why did these two run away when they saw you.”

“I-“

“Did he do something to you?” Luna asked them with concern. They exchanged looks and Sulli spoke.

“Well, he… showed us his ability,” Sulli answered hesitantly.

“Ah, I see.”

Luna snapped at Chanyeol and gave him another slap on his arms.

“Yah Park Sunyoung! Stop doing that, will you? It hurts.”

“You brought this upon yourself, Park Chanyeol! What if the guards saw what you did? Do you want to die?”

“No,” Chanyeol said timidly.

“Then don’t ever do it again.”

“Yes, mom.”

Then they both laughed and ate their lunch.

Sehun was baffled. Who were these two? Why were they so laid back with everything?

“Oh yeah, I didn’t really catch your names.”

“I’m Sehun and this is Sulli. She just arrived here last night.”

“Oh, well then, welcome Sulli!” Luna stopped eating and turned to Sulli, offering her a handshake and a smile. Sulli took it and gave her the best smile she could muster.

“I’m sorry, but I’ve never really seen you on this floor. Are you guys new?” Sehun asked, unable to contain his curiosity. Luna and Chanyeol exchanged looks and smiled.

“We’re new on this floor but not really new here,” Chanyeol explained.

“We were transferred here today. Our rooms were not… accommodating anymore.” Luna continued.

“Yeah, I burnt our room in my sleep. It was accidental so they couldn't do anything about it but give me more drugs until I pass out.”

Another slap was given to Chanyeol’s arms.

“Park Chanyeol! Do you have to tell everyone your powers?!” Luna raised her tone, obviously frustrated with her friend. The table started to vibrate. It was subtle but they all felt it. Chanyeol quickly put his hands over to stop her from talking. Luna gasped, realizing what she almost did.

“You be careful too.”

Luna nodded and focused on her meal with less enthusiasm.

 

For a few minutes, the four of them ate in silence. Sehun was still trying to register the presence of Luna and Chanyeol into his world. From what he gathered, he could tell the two were related in some way if not siblings. It also seemed as if they had something they’re trying to hide behind their cheery front. As if there was something only both of them knew. As if there was even a glimpse of hope for someone like them in this hellhole.

He snapped out of his reverie when he felt Sulli tugging his sleeve.

“Sehun, I’m done.”

He didn’t need to ask more to know what she’s implying. He nodded and the both of them got up. They turned to Luna and Chanyeol.

“We’re going to go back to our room. My next treatment is in half an hour,” said Sehun.

The two friends smiled. “Alright, see you later!”

Sehun and Sulli walked away from them, not looking back as they were sure those two still had their eyes on them. When they were finally out of the cafeteria and certain that the two were not following them, Sehun let out a sigh of relief.

“That was easier than I expected.”

Sulli chuckled. “I second that.”

Right then, he decided that her laugh was a thousand times better than her smiles.

 

 

~**~

 

 

“So, what do you think? Aren’t they perfect?” he asked in hushed tone.

“I guess. The boy was nothing out of the ordinary. But the girl had something in her. I can’t tell just yet but I’m sure it’s something big.”

“Perfect right?”

“Yes Park Chanyeol, they’re perfect.”

 

 

 

 


 

 

Author's Notes:

Hello everybody! I won't say much here. So, Luna finally appears! You can guess a bit about her powers from the gif and I also left a hint between the lines of this chapter. Feel free to guess! And aren't you wondering what the both of them are perfect for? Thank you for the upvote on my story! I feel so appreciated :') I'm sorry the chapter is short and that I only get to update only once a week. It's just that work is really tiring and all the ideas from me :( I hope you enjoyed it anyways :D

Stay tuned for the next update!