Author's Notes

Escape
 
I‘ve been out of my mind thinking about how to write the author's notes (the format and all) so I wrote this wikipedia style >.< also i'm sorry this came out so late. I was busy with assignments and saving my grades from too much Cs lmao 

 


 

Setting

 

This story is set in a distant future of our world where special individuals are granted with abilities beyond a normal human’s capability. As these breed of humans are new and still growing, the government thought it’d be better to contain them before they bring catastrophe to the order they’ve set up.  

As a solution, they decided to gather all those suspected of having these abnormalities to have in control. To find these individuals, they planted spies all around the world. When these humans make a scene of their abilities in front of a crowd or their friends or in worse cases; cause massive destruction, the relevant authorities are to take them to the nearest detention facility to be kept in control.

 

 

Inspiration

 

I got the inspiration for the premise of this story mainly from Rhiannon Lassiter’s Void trilogy. It was published in the 90s and I bought the compiled version of the trilogy without knowing it was an old book. The entire setting comes from the first book where one of the characters was taken to a prison/facility because she was a Hex (someone with abnormal connection with the computer). 

That was when I start thinking what it would be like to live there which expanded into this 18 chaptered story. The scene where she was held captive there was brief and it didn’t tell much about the whole facility so I made up most of it. Sehun and Sulli’s characters were based on Ali and Luciel. And the entire time I was reading the book, I kept seeing Luhan’s name instead of Luciel so I took it as a sign that he should be in here as well :p

Another book that helped me in finishing this story is yet another old book and a standalone named “Shade’s Children” by Garth Nix. The story is much darker than anything I’ve ever read tbh and it spooked me once or twice >.<  

If you read this book, you’ll pick up a little about what happened with Xiumin at the end ;)

 

 

Sources

 

The scientific theories of how their powers work comes from my experience with various shows on superpowers like ‘Heroes’ (does anyone remember the show?) and other superheroes. I’m currently a science major (foundation) so I thought it’d be good to put the things I’ve learned to use in this story :p

Of course, google played an important part with all my research and I always triple cross facts so I don’t get them wrong and comes out sounding like an idiot because I know there are some of you who are way smarter than me >.<

My main source for their superpowers came from powerlisting.wikia.com. The links below will direct you to the characters’ respective powers!

Sehun | Sulli I-II | Chanyeol | Luna | Soojung | Jongin | Luhan

Please note that the infos given are not all used and were used according to what I see fit to their situation.

 

 

 

Point of View

 

The entire story was told in third person’s point of view (POV) in the eyes of the patients. This is why there was a lot of stuff not explained because I’d like the readers to feel the confusion the patients feel to their surroundings. What they knew is what you knew.

I did this so there won’t be long paragraphs to explain the facility and whatnot. I considered writing it in first person but I can’t find a serious voice to write it and it’d be confusing and annoying to change the point of view too much in one chapter.

I plan to tell you more about their world in the sequel so let’s see how that turns out :)

 

 

 

Facility

 

98% of you voted to see the sketches but here’s the thing: I lost my sketchbook, along with a written description of the facility D: (why you should never write important things on paper orz) so I’m doing this, purely by memory since I tend to wipe the slate clean when something’s already written down (a bad habit and I should change it I know)

Block A

Level 4: For research. Personnel only.

Level 3: Treatment floor.

Level 2: Screening Room. Treatment floor.

Level 1: Control Room. Basement Entrance. Personnel only.

Block B

Level 3: Cafeteria (for patients)

Level 2: Cafeteria (for staff)

Level 1: Entrance. Lounge.

Block C a.k.a The Dorms

Level 5: For storage. Additional rooms. Secret training room.

Level 4: Luhan's room.

Level 3: Sehun & Sulli, Soojung &Jongin, Chanyeol & Luna's room.

Level 2: Chanyeol & Luna's old room.

Level 1: Guard's lounge. Personnel only.

Basement

  • Runs under the facility from Block A to Block C
  • Where spatiometers and various other gadgets are located.
  • Isolation chambers for last stage patients and anomalies
  • Not included in the information leaflet.

 

 

Treatments

 

The tests they run first are for diagnosis where strong drugs are used in order for them to calm down and not disrupt the machinery. After that, they'll use other drugs to weaken their abilities and specifically target the part in their brain that controls this abnormality. Some are just too weak to handle it so it'd cause them death.

I don't explain it too much in the story because this is written from a patient's pov where of course, they don't know much since the 'doctors' just run the tests and treatment without further explanation.

Basically, their whole prison and the drugs they used is kinda like this.

 

 

 

Polls

 

These are the results of the polls (Thank you to all who participated ^^):

 

So by popular demand, Xiuhan’s chapter will come before Kaistal’s. Their story will be written in the same manner as the rest of the stories. For Kaistal, I’ll write from Krystal’s point of view from the moment of her 17th birthday and there'll be hints to something I'll use in the sequel so keep your eyes open! Since a lot of you requested for Chanyeol and Luna and Sulli's stories, I'll compile everything under a collection. Check it out!

 

 

 

I am so glad none of you found Eris to be unnecessary or illogical. I didn't intend to give Sulli's alter ego a name but it kind of made sense in terms of continuing the story. Eris looks just like Sulli but with a darker edge.

Thank you for reading! I know  I lacked a lot with the plot and the countless grammar mistakes but it meant a lot for me that you would take the time to read this story and take the survey :')

 

 

 

FAQs (taken from the survey)

 

  • What will happen to the rest of them (as in the other captive)after the rebellion

It was implied in the ending that everyone died but the six of them.

 

  • i want to know what happened to the world. are they parents know about they ability? What happened to their family after they were captured by them.

 

Their world will be explained in more details in the sequel. Their parents’ knowledge on their children’s powers is usually up to their kids whether they want to tell them or not. Their family are usually left alone after thorough inspections to ensure that other family members do not carry this ability too. Other than being kept under watch for a while, their families are basically safe.

 

  • How is Sulli a descendent of Eris?

 

This will be explained in further details in what Luhan found from Xiumin’s research. The book he gave to Sehun right before the mission. It’ll tell further about the origins of their abilities. Of course, you’ll have to wait for the sequel ;)

 

  •  If Sehun can control the air around them, or since simply let's put it this way.. Our bodies need oxygen to circulate blood all over right? Why can't Sehun just cut off the oxygen supply of the people guarding them? Or why can't he and Chanyeol just burn them instead. Hahaha Also, if Kai could teleport all their tracking device, why didn't he do it sooner for them to be able to practice more freely?? :))

 

This is because Luhan didn’t want them to cause a commotion. He planned to leave quietly without anyone suspecting anything until they were gone from the vicinity entirely. And burning the guards or sudden cancellation of oxygen would be too dangerous for exposure and none of them are comfortable with the idea of killing or murdering someone.

The tracking device is used to continuously identify patients whereabouts so even if you managed to escape, they’d always find you. If Kai pulled it out in the first place, the guards would surely suspect something when the usual amount of red lights on the screen is reduced.

 

 

**Feel free to ask more questions in the coments below! I'll try to answer as best as i can :)

 

Sequel

 

From what I’ve hinted in the previous sections, these are what you know about the sequel:

  1. Sulli/superhumans’ origins
  2. Details on their world will be revealed
  3. Lmao that’s pretty much it XD

I haven’t figure out all the characters that’d appear in the sequel but Victoria and D.O/Kyungsoo are confirmed to be in the sequel. Tao’s appearance is still being considered so we’ll see what happens!

The sequel will take place directly after their escape and what happens after that. I've plotted the characters I'd need for the sequel and all that's left is figuring out how it all connects and what makes the rising action, the , etc. I want the second story to be even better than this one so I'd like to make sure everything is smooth before I start.

Here's a hint! There will be two settings in the sequel, unlike this one where they're all stuck in the facility. And expect a lot of love shapes and drama! Keep in mind that Sulli is still unconscious and well, nobody actually saw Luhan blow up, did they? ;)

Also, I'll be using all SEVEN characters in the sequel just to be clear :)

Currently, the sequel is the last thing on my list of fics to write. But who knows when inspiration will strike right?

 

 

 

Playlist

 

I made a playlist/ost on songs I feel suited to the story, lyric-wise and music-wise Check it out!

A huge thanks to paendeozilla for the rec on t.a.t.u's not gonna get us!

P/s: I am new to the fanmix edit so excuse the lame graphic /.\