Valentine With Irony

Two Of A Kind

Ever since that I sent Ari home, things change and I'm not sure whether it was a good thing or bad. We are closer yet further. Day by day, Ari and I talk even more but despite saying that, it seems as though she is hiding something. She will have these frozen moments by herself but after distracting her, she will come back to me. This goes the same for Yongnam. It might seem weird but he has been consistantly in and out of relationships. He skipped his all-time favourite Martial Arts classes to go on dates and even missed several occasions where I had to send Ari home.

 

Valentine's Day is around the corner. My heart was as light as a feather as I slowly picked up my pace to school. I bought a stalk of rose on my way to school; my only aim was only one person. Ari. God, I love her. She may be hiding things from me but I was hoping one day she would open up to me.

 

This was the last year of high school. A long time, right? I was with her when both her grandparents died. I was their when her parents got divorce. Damn, I was even there when she had her flu shots! A long time has passed and I am still head over heels with this girl. Deep in my heart I know Yongnam loves her too but I try to discard the how much he loves her. Maybe as a sister, who knows. My heart just remains silent.

 

I was passing by rows and rows of lockers, try to dig my way to the second floor and into my class. At the first floor, people were crowding and it was rather hard for my to make my way. At level Two, people were starting to disperse and before I knew it, I was the only one running at the hallway to my class.

 

I had to make a final turn to my classroom when I heard muffled voices in one of the science labs. I know that I was gonna be late for class but I was also curious as to who was messing around in the labs and so I sneak at the door and look through the glass panels. I just numbed myself after seeing the scene.

 

It was a couple making out in one of the labs. The girl was on the table while the guy is leaning between her legs. I could have just giggled at the scene but I couldn't since the couple was no other than Ari and Yongnam.

 

Was Ari confused?

 

Did she confused me and Yongnam?

 

How is my heart coping?

 

It was actually beating fast. I'm not sure whether it's because I was angry at the whole idea or it was my first time seeing people making out but one thing is for sure, my heart was beating so fast, my whole body slumped down. I was in a state of shocked and just walked away. I reached class a few minutes later, received detention after school but all that didn't matter, at all.

 

The both of them came in soon after and their excuse was that Yongnam was taking care of Ari who had a stomachache.

 

Yeah, in the lab. Why not? I snort as I just looked away from the couple. The both of them were glowing at each other's presence as they 'paid attention' to the teacher. I saw Yongnam taking out his phone from his pocket and messaged Ari. How did I know? Ari took out her phone and giggled wildly at the responds. I guess I should just give up.

 

~~

 

Soon, it was time for recess. I quietly sneaked out of the class and went to the rooftop. The rooftop was in a secured access where the school staffs placed railings so the the students don't attempt to kill themselves but it the state that I was, even a railing couldn't stop me from commiting suicide.

 

I lean myself on the railing as I held the rose I had this morning. I am angry and I think I have the right to do so. I am so close with the both of them and yet I was kept in the dark with secret of theirs. I am sad that Ari doesn't think I am good enough to be told about her secret and I am not fit for Yongnam's love life even though we sleep with each other every night. My lips began to tremble and my hands reflexed to my face, slowly covering my face as I try to calm down.

 

That's it. I'm going to mature from this. I'm not gonna let my a girl and her love get in the way of my life. This is gonna be a tragic episode of my life but I have learnt from it.

 

I could hear the sound of the Access Door swing open and a familiar giggle. I turned around as my heart began to anticipate the face I was waiting for. I my heels and there she was. Jung Ari.

 

Me: Hi

 

Ari: So, what was it that you wanted to meet me so badly for?

 

I just stood there silent.

 

Ari: Hey Yongnam, you texted me just now right? What is it?

 

A frown appeared on my face as the my hand that was woth the rose slumped down beside my waist.

 

She doesn't know.

 

She can't differentiate me to Yongnam.

 

Ari: Is that rose for me, Yong..

 

Her eyes began to dilate. Yes woman. I'm Yongguk. Bang Yongguk and you just messed with the wrong twin. I threw the rose that hit her chest and just walked away. That was the end. I heard her sob after that but I couldn't be bothered anymore.