The Informant

Unexpected

 

The first time he saw her, he had been at the mall with Byunghee and Cheolyong. She had come with two other girls, but his attention had focused solely on her. While his friends were busy checking out the other two girls, his eyes followed her, even when the three girls left the mall.

 

The second time had also been at the mall, but he had been by himself. The girl, however, was not. There was a guy with her, and he had treated her horribly. It gave him a sudden feeling of overprotectiveness over the girl, that he didn't understand. She never complained at the treatment, and it made him feel furious. Was she so in love with that jerk that she didn't see how horrible he was? Or maybe, she overlooked it? Either way, he couldn't stand the sight. He wanted to punch the guy for being so horrible to her; he wanted to yell at her for letting him treat her that way.

 

He watched them until they left, and on an impulse he took a sticky note from his backpack and a pen. He quickly wrote a note on the paper and his phone number, and got up. He walked in the direction of the couple, and got a bit startled at the sudden look of panic in the girl's eyes. Why was she scared?

 

Very subtly, he slapped the note to her bag and left, before he changed his mind about punching the jerk.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

When he returned home, and was inside the safety of his room, he threw himself on his bed and groaned.

 

What did I just do?

 

He wanted to crawl under rock and never come out.

 

His impulsiveness always made him take rushed decisions, and most of the time he ended up regretting them.

 

He shouldn't care about the girl, he shouldn't care about her boyfriend and how he treated her. he shouldn't care at all, but there was something about the girl,something that made it impossible for him to not care.

 

He grabbed his phone from where he had left it on his bedside table and fiddled with it for a while.

 

Having a never ending thirst for knowledge—because you never know when something might be useful—he decided he needed to know at least who he was getting angry for. And to get that kind of knowledge, there was only one person he could call.

 

He quickly dialed the phone and waited. It rang four times before his friend answered.

 

Hyung, it’s past midnight,” he whined sleepily.

 

“I need a favor, Mir,” he said, ignoring the younger boy’s complaint.

 

What? And it couldn’t wait until morning?

 

“No.”

 

Mir sighed on the other side of the line, in a resigned manner.

 

What is it, hyung?

 

“Remember those girls we saw at the mall the other day?”

 

~*~*~*~*~*~

 

Seungho paced in his room impatiently, waiting for Mir.

 

When his mom announced that he had visits, he ran to the door, and pulled the other boy unceremoniously to his room.

 

Once he had closed the door, he turned to Mir with an expectant look on his face.

 

“Well?” he said, when Mir remained silent.

 

“I’m sorry, hyung, I couldn’t find anything about that girl.”

 

Mir was probably the only person he knew that could get useful information just from being a hyperactive puppy. His cheerful and likeable personality usually got him whatever he wanted, and he couldn’t really remember a time when it had failed them. in fact, half of Byunghee’s girlfriends had dated his friend because mir had set them up, convincing them that Byunghee was a nice guy. Not to say that he wasn’t; Byunghee was... one of a kind.

 

“What did you find out, then?”

 

“The guy’s name is Changsun, although he usually goes by the name of Joon. He goes to Korea University of Arts, and is majoring in modern dance—”

 

“Mir, I don’t care about him.”

 

Although he was impressed by the way Mir had figured out who the guy was, just from a mere description, and had gotten an incredible amount of information about him—even his showering habits, something Seungho really didn’t need to know—and had even found out stuff about the other two girls, he had nothing about “his” girl. It was as if she had appeared out of thin air.

 

“The other two girls are Sandara and Doorami Park. They live with their mother and younger brother in a residential neighbourhood outside the city. The oldest one, Sandara, is a PR Assistant for a big company. The other girl, goes to Law School at SNU. The younger brother, Sanghyun, is going to start this year at KNA. They used to live in—”

 

“Mir,” he cut off his friend’s rant. “As interesting as all that sounds, I don’t really care.”

 

“Look, hyung, I did not spend my whole morning asking around about Joon or the Park girls for you, just so you can say you don’t care. I could have used that time to play WoW. Besides, I think you should care about them.”

 

He rolled his eyes at the tantrum.

 

“Okay, fine, tell me more about the Parks.”

 

“There’s no need to be sarcastic, you know?”

 

“Mir! Don’t make me punch you.”

 

“Alright! Alright! Anyway, where was I? Oh, yeah, they lived in the Philippines until the oldest sister turned eighteen, they moved back to Korea so she could study here. Now, the first time your mystery girl was seen, was last week, with Sandara and Doorami, leaving their house. That’s the same day we saw them at the mall. One of their neighbours thinks the girl must be a friend from the Philippines that came for a visit, which is why no one know her.

 

“So, she’s from the Philippines?” he asked, feeling that at least he got something.

 

“I don’t think so,” Mir said, with a serious voice.

 

“Why?”

 

“Did you looked at all of them, or were you too mesmerized by this girl’s beauty?”

 

“Yah! Don’t talk to me like that! What do you mean?”

 

“Well, it’s kinda obvious, hyung. Your mystery girl—lets call her Misty— looks a lot like Sandara and Doorami.”

 

“So what you’re saying is...”

 

“That Misty is their sister.”
 


heh, sorry for the wait, I was trying to figure out how to continue the story, and then Seungho came into my head demanding to get his own chapter xD.

this one is a bit shorter that the previous chapter, mainly because I felt that if I tried to continue it'd be a little forced, and I had to cut it there. Also, I love cliffhangers LOL.

don't forget to comment and tell me what you think. :D

Also, thanks to all the people who subbed to the story. Seeing that little number go up really inspired me to write this.

Until next time~~!