Revelations

Unexpected

 

Byunghee sighed when he saw his friend sitting in the living room, his eyes glued to the screen.

Cheolyong should have never sent you that link, he thought.

He walked over to the living room and sat next to Seungho. His friend shut his computer almost instantly, as if ashamed of what he had been looking at.

"Were you watching ?" he said, teasing, knowing perfectly well what he had been doing. Stalking Sanghyun's Facebook page. Again.

"Who do you think I am? You?" Seungho replied, his hand tightly pressed over the computer.

"Don't say it like it's a bad thing, Ho," Byunghee said, glad he had managed to distract his friend. "It's actually quite healthy to—"

"I don't want to hear it," Seungho said, making a disgusted face. Byunghee rolled his eyes. Prude. He decided to change the topic.

"There's a party tomorrow. You should come with me."

"Why don't you ask Hyojin?"

"She's too busy hanging Cheolyong by his thumbs from the ceiling."

"What? Why?"

For telling you about Sanghyun, Byunghee thought. He couldn't say it out loud, it would only anger Seungho even more.

"For playing too many video games when he should be studying," he said instead. It was true, but it wasn’t the only reason.

"Right. Well, I'm not in the mood for parties at the moment." Seungho’s fingers tightened around his computer as he said this.

Because you've been moping around since yesterday? Byunghee thought. He chose another tactic that might work on his friend.

"I don't wanna go by myself! Besides, I might need my wing-man."

"You have a girlfriend!"

"Why do you always have to ruin my fun?" Byunghee pouted. "Please. Come with me?"

"Ugh! Fine, I'll go. Just... Stop making that face, it's gross."

"You love me, Ho. Admit it," he said, making kissy lips at his friend.

"Not in a million years,” Seungho retorted, pulling away.

He got up from the sofa, his notebook tightly pressed to his chest, and walked into his room. Byunghee sighed, cursing Bang Cheolyong to hell and back.

Why did you have to open your goddamn mouth, Mir?

~*~*~*~*~*~

"Hey, Byunghee, can I talk to you?"

Byunghee turned to his girlfriend, a curious look on his face.

"Sure, what's up?"

Hyojin looked up at him with a strange glint in her eyes. He didn't question it. His girlfriend was an odd girl, and Byunghee had learned to let her speak her mind before asking; if she wanted to talk about it, she would do it.

Hyojin looked over at Mir and Seungho, talking a few feet away from them. Sanghyun had gone home, saying his sister would be worried if he was late.

"Seungho likes Sanghyun," she said, matter-of-factly.

It wasn't news for him, he had noticed his friend's reactions whenever the younger boy was around. He decided to indulge Hyojin, knowing she was bringing this up for a reason.

"Okay," he said slowly. "So?"

"Sanghyun likes him back."

Now that was news for him.

"How do you know?" he asked.

"He told me while we walked to the restaurant from the hospital."

Byunghee had to admit he hadn't been paying attention to that conversation. Hyojin had the bad habit of chatting a person's ear off in five minutes.

"Really?"

"That's not all."

"There's more?"

"He told me a secret, too."

You shouldn't be talking about it, then, if it's a secret."

"It concerns Seungho."

"How so?"

"I thought you didn't want to know."

"Hyojin..."

"He told me about how you all met him."

"His cellphone," Byunghee said, nodding. "Mir found it in a bathroom and we gave it back. His cousin had lost it."

"Yeah. That's the thing. There is no cousin."

"What? What are you talking about?"

“You promise you’ll be a good boyfriend and not tell him I said anything?”

“Fine,” Byunghee said, sighing. “I promise I won’t say anything. What did he say?”

Hyojin dropped her voice dramatically, glancing at Mir and Seungho, still chatting far away from them.

“He said, he made a bet with his sisters and lost, and had to dress up as a girl for two weeks. He had gone into the men’s bathroom because he didn’t want to go into the girls’ room, even though his friend told him to, and that’s where Mir found him. He panicked and left his phone. He said it was his cousin because that was the first thing that came to his head.” Hyojin shook her head, and raised her voice a little. “He obviously thought he’d never meet any of you again. The poor kid has such bad karma.”

“Is that why you practically forced him to eat lunch with us?”

“I wanted to see how they would be around each other,” Hyojin said, shrugging. Byunghee knew that by ‘they’ she meant Seungho and Sanghyun.

“You’re evil.” She shrugged again. “And what is your conclusion?”

“They need to be beaten around the head with a mallet to realize their feeling for each other.”

Byunghee couldn’t help but laugh.

“You think they’re that blind?”

“Blinder than a bat.”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Byunghee had kept to his word. He hadn’t said anything about Sanghyun’s secret to anyone. Not even to the boy himself. He should have known that Mir, being the nosy kid that he was wouldn’t that too long to find out. And the worst of it all was that he hadn’t found out through his sister.

Byunghee had walked him home, after he barged into their apartment, the same night that Sanghyun slept over. As they reached his building, Mir turned around to look at him, his face serious.

“He’s lying.”

“What are you on about now, Mir?”

“Sanghyun. He’s lying.”

“About what?”

“His cousin.”

Byunghee had felt a surge of dread run down his spine.

“His non-existent cousin.”

Oh damn.

“Mir, I don’t have time for your conspiracy theories this late at night, I have an exam on Monday.”

“Listen to me, hyung,” Mir said, impatiently, holding him by the arm. “That girl we saw at the mall, the girl I saw in the bathroom, she’s Sanghyun.”

Oh, Mir, when are you going to learn to stay out of other people’s business.

“Really?”

“Yeah! I always knew there was something weird about that guy! I never thought it’d be something like this. It’s… it’s—”

“Check your facts before you make accusations, Cheolyong. Goodnight.”

Byunghee turned away from Mir, not giving the younger a chance to reply. He should have known that Mir wasn’t just going to sit quietly after that.

He had dug around like he always did, and he had found out the story behind Sanghyun’s crossdressing weeks.

If he had left it that that, it would have been fine, but no, Cheolyong decided that Seungho needed to know, and sent him a link to one of the Park siblings’ Facebook page, with photos that proved Sanghyun was Misty.

Seungho, who had just been coming to terms with the fact that he might have feelings for Sanghyun, opened the link innocently, believing it was only a link to the boy’s Facebook page.

Instead, he found photos of the boy dressed up as a girl, laughing and having fun with his sisters and Joon, the comments and tags under the picture revealing everything.

Seungho had felt betrayed—although if one looked at it rationally, he had no reason to— and had tried to pretend that he’d never felt anything for Sanghyun. He changed the subject whenever Sanghyun was mentioned, but Byunghee knew that Seungho kept going to Sanghyun’s Facebook page when no one was around, and he moped and brooded in front of the screen. Just like he had found him doing a while ago.

He had invited Seungho to the party, hoping his friend would get his head cleared a little. But if Seungho kept moping around he would have to take drastic measures.

He had to half-drag Seungho out of the apartment on the day of the party. If he had known what was going to happen at that club, he would have left Seungho moping around their apartment.

And it was all Bang Cheolyong’s fault.


has it been really a month? wow, I didn't even notice OTL sorry for such a late update, it's that time of the year again where my professors decide that I should have no life outside school, this chapter was supposed to be from Seungho's perspective, but Byunghee decided to take over :P, and there's the explanation that everyone was waiting for! (curse you, Mir!) anyways, next chapter should be out in two weeks or so, since I'll be FINALLY! free by then and it will have more Seungho, I swear.

thanks to everyone who read, commented, subscribed or upvoted :D

Until next time~~!