The Party. Part 1.

Unexpected

 

Joon walked into the club, clutching his companion’s hand tightly, and looked around the place for the host of the party. He spotted him sitting with his friends, in the VIP section of the club.

“Jiyong!” he called, as loudly as he could, hoping his friend could hear him over the loud music. It wasn’t him who turned around, but Seunghyun. He gestured with his head toward Joon, and Jiyong finally turned around.

"Speak of the devil!" Jiyong exclaimed upon seeing Joon. He looked excited. "Lee Changsun!" He got up from the table and walked up to Joon. "Thanks for coming, man. I see you brought a guest?" he said, noticing the hand he was holding, and craning his neck to look behind Joon.

"It's not like you don't know him, Ji," Joon said, rolling his eyes.

"Hello, Jiyong-hyung."

Jiyong's eyes widened, and he looked at Joon with his eyebrows raised.

"Is that little Sanghyunnie?"

"Yeah," Sanghyun said, stepping from behind Joon's back, an embarrassed blush covering his cheeks.

"Well, you are not little anymore, are you?" Jiyong said, his expression still shocked. He looked up and down at Sanghyun. "Last time I saw you, you barely reached up to my chin."

"I—I had a growth spurt, hyung," Sanghyun said.

Jiyong chuckled, and ushered the pair into the booth. There wasn't enough space to fit two more people, so without much preamble, Joon pulled Sanghyun onto his lap, and clasped his hands around the boy's waist. Sanghyun looked a little embarrassed, but not uncomfortable, and it didn't seem like he was going to complain about the sitting arrangement either.

Jiyong looked like his eyes were going to fall out of their sockets. He gave Joon a glare that demanded explanations, so with a kick to the shins and a barely there nod, he signaled for Seungri to take Sanghyun away for a while.

Once the two were out of sight, Jiyong turned to look at Joon with a sly expression.

"So, you finally confessed, huh?" he said with a smirk. "How long did it take you? Two years? Three?"

"Shut up," Joon said, embarrasedly, feeling his cheeks heating up. He was thankful for the darkness of the club.

Jiyong laughed loudly for a moment, then he fixed his eyes again on Joon.

"Tell me everything."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Joon left the Park home a little bit after Sanghyun, after Dara had yelled at him for being such a jerk to her brother.

He went to look for the boy at all his favorite places, but he was in none. He came to a café—a favorite of his and Sanghyun's—and he sat at an empty table.

"Hello, Joon," a voice said, startling him out of his thoughts of Sanghyun. He looked up at Min, a waitress who had become a sort of friend of theirs after all the times they had come to the café. "I haven't seen you in a while," she said, smiling.

"I was out of the country," he replied curtly, not in the mood for small talk.

"Do you want your usual?" Min asked, noticing his mood. Joon nodded and turned to look out the window, wondering where on Earth Sanghyun could have gone to. Min left him with his thoughts, and came back a moment later with a cup of steaming hot chocolate.

"Here you go," she said, placing the cup on the table, in front of him. "You know, you just missed Sanghyun."

"What?" Joon's head snapped back to her. Min nodded absently.

"He was here for most of the afternoon. He left, like, fifteen minutes before you came in. He looked upset."

"Why didn't you say that before?" Joon demanded, getting up from the table. Min shrugged.

"Wait, where are you going?" she asked when he started to walk away.

"To find him."

"I'm gonna get charged for that!" Min exclaimed pointing at the untouched cup sitting on the table. Rolling his eyes, Joon walked back to her, pulled out his wallet and handed her his credit card.

"Thank you," the girl said, taking the card and disappeared behind the counter.

"I can't believe this," Joon muttered, following behind her.

~*~*~*~*~*~

After wasting ten minutes, paying for a chocolate he hadn't even touched, Joon walked out of the café onto the streets of Seoul, looking around, trying to figure out which way Sanghyun had gone.

Maybe he's gone back home, he thought, and pulled out his phone from his pocket and dialed Dara's number. She picked up after the third ring.

"Noona? Has he gone back home?" he asked as soon as she answered the phone.

"No," Dara answered. "I told mom he was sleeping over at a friend's house, but I don't know... He turned off his phone... I'm going to kill that boy the second I see him!"

"Calm down, noona. I'll keep looking for him. Call me if you have any news, okay?"

"Yeah, of course. Thanks, Joonie."

"No problem."

After another hour of aimlessly walking aorund, Joon decided to head back to his apartment. He was tired, and he wouldn't find Sanghyun like this. He took a taxi back home, and went straight to his bedroom the minute he was inside his apartment. If he hadn't been so dead tired, the worry would have kept him up all night.

He was woken up by the sound of his doorbell ringing. Groaning, he grabbed his phone to check the time. 6:30 AM.

Who the hell rings on the doorbell this early in the morning? he thought. Then he jolted out of bed when he realized that it could be someone with news of Sanghyun.

Dashing out of his room, he went to open the door, to find none other that Sanghyun standing on the hallway. Forgetting he wasn't on speaking terms with the boy, Joon threw his arms around the younger, pressing him tightly against his chest.

"Hyung," Sanghyun said in a soft voice, dropping his bag and wrapping his arms around Joon's waist.

"I'm sorry," Joon muttered against the younger's neck. Pulling away slightly, he realized he was looking straight into Sanghyun's eyes, without having to look down. "Did you get taller?"

"I had a growth spurt." Sanghyun grinned in a satisfied manner, and Joon couldn't help but laugh at his cuteness.

"Have you had breakfast yet?" Joon asked. Sanghyun shook his head. " Alright, give me a moment," he said, and ran back to his room. He grabbed his wallet and cellphone, and ran back to the front door. He grabbed Sanghyun's bag from the floor and tossed it inside the apartment.

"Hyung?"

"Come on," Joon said, closing the door, and pulling Sanghyun by the hand towards the elevator.

"Where are we going?"

“To the mart,” Joon replied.

“Why?”

“Because, I have no food at home, and I can’t let you go around without breakfast.”

The elevator doors opened at that moment, so they stepped out and waved at the guard, who nodded back at them. They walked to the convenience store around the block, Sanghyun following silently behind Joon.

He grabbed a basket and started piling ingredients into it. Once he had filled it, Joon walked to the cashier and paid for everything.

Sanghyun trailed behind Joon, not knowing what to say. He wanted to ask if Joon was still mad at him, but he was afraid it would ruin his hyung’s good mood, so he kept silent as they walked back to Joon’s apartment building.

Once inside the apartment, Sanghyun watched Joon go around the kitchen, putting away the things he didn’t need and pulling out pots and pans.

“Do you need any help?” Sanghyun asked, watching Joon work.

“No,” Joon said, as he cut up some vegetables. “Sit down. I got this, okay?”

“Where did you learn how to cook?”

“Well, I lived mostly on my own while I was in America, so I had to learn. Rain–hyung says I’m not so bad.”

“Woah, you cooked for Rain?”

“Yep.”

They remained silent for a few minutes, as Joon worked his way around the kitchen, Sanghyun watching him.

“Where did you go last night?” Joon asked suddenly, taking Sanghyun by surprise.

Sanghyun didn’t know how to answer. He knew Joon didn’t like Seungho and Byunghee for whatever reason, so he didn’t know how to tell Joon that during the time he had been away, he had become good friends with them.

Well, not anymore, he thought bitterly.

“To a friend’s house,” he replied. Joon nodded, and didn’t ask what friend it was.

“You should have called Dara–noona to tell her you were alright,”  Joon said, setting a plate in front of him. Sanghyun looked down at the food, not feeling very hungry.

“I know. I’m sorry.”

“You don’t have to apologize,” Joon said. “If anything, I should be the one to do it. I was a jerk last night, and I had no reason.”

Taking a deep breath, Sanghyun braced himself to ask the question he came to ask.

“Are you still mad at me, hyung?”

Joon looked up at him, startled.

“Mad at you?” he repeated. “I’m not mad at you.”

“When you left, you were mad.”

“I wasn’t mad at you. I was mad at myself.”

“Mad at yourself? Why?”

Joon sighed, and bit his lip. It’s now or never, Changsun.

“There’s something I need to tell you.”


eeekk *hides under a rock* I'm sooooo sorry for such a long absence. Life got really busy for me and I didn't have the time to update, thankfully, I'm a little bit more free and I can update regularly again.

Big Bang cameo, yay! They're my second favorite band, and with GD's solo comeback and new album, it just had to happen xD.

Don't worry guys, there's not a chapter missing between last and this one, all will be explained next chapter, which will be uploaded......... on Christmas day. XD haha kidding. I'll try to do it next week, but I can't promise anything.

Thanks to everyone who has read, commented and subscribed to the story since the last update, you guys seriously make my day.

As always, don't forget to comment.

Until next time~~!