Pandas and Pizzas

Unexpected

 

Seungho watched Byunghee drop the last of his suitcases, and followed his friend with his eyes as he walked to the couched and fell with a thud, groaning.

“I thought you were going to help me,” Byunghee said, giving Seungho a glare.

“Weak ribs, remember? The doctor said I shouldn’t exert myself too much,” Seungho replied.

“You don’t even know what ‘exert’ means.”

“Stop complaining, or I’ll kick you out.”

Seungho had gotten tired of finding Byunghee raiding his kitchen at the oddest times, and instead of getting angry and yelling at his friend, he had offered Byunghee to move in with him, with the condition that Byunghee had to pay for food.

He could only hope he wouldn’t regret this decision.

Byunghee gasped in an exaggeratd manner. “Your mom won’t let you. She adores me. I’ll tell her and she won’t let you!”

“What are you? Five? Just be thankful I consider you my friend.”

It had taken Byunghee a whole week to move his things from his parents’ house into Seungho’s apartment, but the move was finally done..

“Oh, I forgot to tell you,” Byunghee said, smacking his forehead with his palm. “ I invited a friend to come over on Saturday.”

Regretting it already, he thought.

“It’s not a girl, is it?” Seungho said.

“Of course not! I have a girlfriend, Seungho, and I love her very much,” Byunghee replied, sounding offended. “It’s someone I know from school.”

“Just making sure, I never know with you.”

Byunghee smacked him with a cushion.

~*~*~*~*~

When Seungho returned home on Saturday, all he wanted to do was get to his bed and sleep until the year was over. His sleepiness disappeared when he saw who was sitting with Byunghee in the living room.

I’m going to kill you Jung Byunghee.

Seungho tried to walk to his room unnoticed, but Byunghee seemed to have eyes on the back of his head.

“Hey, Seungho!” his friend called, and Seungho felt like hitting him. “Come say hi, don’t be rude.”

Grumbling under his breath, Seungho turned around and walked back into the living room.

“Hi,” Sanghyun said nervously. Seungho gave the younger boy a nod.

“Hi,” he replied dryly. “I’m going to my room now,” he told Byunghee. “Don’t bother me, get it?”

“Sure,” Byunghee replied, waving his hand in a shooing motion.

Once in his room, Seungho sat on his bed, a thoughtful expression on his face.

It had been a little over a month since his unfortunate encounter with Sanghyun; looking back, he realized he had been really weird by requesting to meet with the boy’s cousin, especially since she had a boyfriend, but he hadn’t meant to scare the kid; he just wanted to talk to her.

He sighed, and scratched his head.

Better to give up now, before this gets out of hand. That’s never going to happen.

Just as he was laying down on his bed to sleep, now that his tiredness was catching up to him, he heard a knock on his door.

“Hey, Seungho, are you awake? We’re gonna order pizza for dinner,” he heard Byunghee’s voice from the other side of the door.

Seungho briefly considered ignoring his friend, but there was the offer of pizza and he never said no to pizza.

“Yeah, I’m awake, I’ll be out in a minute.”

“Could you come out now?”

With a groan, Seungho got up from the bed, and yanked the door open. He glared at Byunghee.

“Woah, Sanghyun was right, you do look like a scary panda. I never noticed.”

“What do you want?” Seungho snapped, ignoring the jibe about his dark circles.

“Don’t ask the kid weird questions about his cousin, please?” Byunghee said. he turned his head to the side, to look at Sanghyun who was on the phone, giving directions to the pizza place.

“Why?”

“Just don’t. Last time I asked, he started hyperventilating. I don’t want him to die on us here.”

“Okay. I won’t. Can I go back to sleep?”

“One more thing. Don’t ask about Joon either.”

“Why? Does he hyperventilate when he’s mentioned too?”

“No. He gets angry. really angry. Like the Hulk.”

Seungho had a really hard time imagining the cute boy sitting in his living room getting angry.

“Did he go all Hulk on you?” Seungho snickered.

“He looked like he was going to punch me! Really, I don’t know why he gets so angry? Maybe he’s upset because Joon hurt his cousin when he left Korea? I don’t know, but it’s really scary.”

“Joon left Korea?” Now Seungho was curious.

“Yeah. He got cast in an American film, and went to Los Angeles to film before school started.”

“Seriously?”

“Yup. It’s so unfair! He gets to work with Rain! Of all the unfair things in the world that dork could be doing, and it had to be this!”

“Focus!” Seungho hissed, when he noticed was looking in their direction, a curious expression on his face. “How long is he going to be away?”

“Three months, I think. He’ll probably be back by the end of September... Why?”

“Just curious, that’s all.”

Byunghee glared at him.

“I know what you’re thinking, Yang Seungho. I’ve known you for years. Leave the kid alone, and forget about that girl.”

“I said I wasn’t going to ask, so I won’t ask. Now go away, I want to sleep.”

Seungho closed his door, and went back to his bed. He covered himself with the covers and closed his eyes.

Finally some peace.

The smell of molten cheese brought him out of his cocoon. He felt like he hadn’t slept at all, but when he looked out the window, it was already dark.

Rubbing his eyes and dragging his feet, he left the room and went to the living room. Byunghee and Sanghyun were sitting on the floor, surrounded by books, color pencils and what looked like music sheets. There was a half-eaten pizza on top of the coffee table.

So he’s helping him study?

“So the sleeping beauty finally awakes,” Byunghee said. “I was starting to wonder if you hadn’t died in your sleep.”

“Shut up,” Seungho said as he sat down. Drowsily, he picked a slice of pizza and watched Byunghee explain to Sanghyun the pentagram.

“I think Seungho could help you better, he’s pretty good at piano,” Byunghee said, and the two turned to look at Seungho, who was busily chewing on his pizza.

“Wha—?”

Sanghyun looked at him expectantly, and Seungho found himseld nodding, the pizza still in his mouth.

Swallowing, he said, “Yeah, sure, I’ll help.”

“Really? Thank you!”

And this is how Seungho found himself tutoring Sanghyun along with Byunghee.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Over the next two weeks, Sanghyun kept coming over to get tutoring from both of them, Byunghee was really good at explaining all the theoretic aspects of music, while Seungho was really good at explaining the practical part, so Sanghyun was covered in both grounds.

On his first test, Sanghyun got full marks, and being so happy and thankful towards them, he offered to buy them a meal, but since Byunghee and Seungho were older students they had more packed schedules. It was impossible to figure out a time that would suit them all.

“Well, maybe, you could come over to my house on Friday, if you are free,” Sanghyun said shyly, when both Seungho and Byunghee said they couldn’t meet on Tuesday.

“Friday sounds good actually,” Byunghee said. “What about you Seungho?”

“Sounds good to me.”

“Alright! It’s decided, then! On Friday, we’ll meet at your house.”

Sanghyun left after giving Byunghee his address.

“Nice kid, isn’t he?” Byunghee asked, once they were alone.

“Very stubborn, too,” Seungho said. “Wouldn’t take no for an answer.”

“Well, I’m gonna go see Hyo-jin.”

“Say hi to Mir from me.”

“If I see him, I will.”

“He’s still buried under all his homework?”

“If he didn’t spend most of his time playing online games, he would have time to actually do it.”

Seungho shook his head and waved goodbye to Byunghee.

He was tempted to go out as well, but he hadn’t really gotten a good night of sleep lately, and his bed looked so tempting.

Ugh, I’ll sleep. I can go out any other day.

He face planted on his pillow and fell asleep almost instantly.


Sorry for the late update, crazy life is crazy. COMEBLAQ FEELS OMG, I'm going crazy here, HOW AWESOME IS SMOKY GIRL? seriously, I'm in love with that song xD. My feels are all over the place rn OTL. Since our boys just had their comeback, I thought I should have mine as well kekeke.

Good news: I have chapters 8, 9 and 10 all written out (by this, I mean handwritten, I still have to type them), and the rest of the story planned out! yay!

Bad news: I don't know when I'll be able to post them :(

So it seems that last chapter got everyone wondering if this story was Seungdoong. Yes it is, but there's going to be lots of joondoong moments. Someone wanted this story to be joondoong, mianhae~~ but I can promise you A LOT of joondoong moments!

Filler chapter I know, I just needed to have this two interact, and not be like: Doong meet Seungho; now kiss. This is all to set up the upcoming chapters :D I promise next chapter will be more awesome!

Oh, and check this out, enidlenej (I LOVE YOU GURL) has made another poster for Unexpected :D

how awesome is that? AHHHHHHHHHHHHH my joondoong feels *dies* 

don't forget to comment about this chapter!

and thanks to all my new subscribers, you guys make me super happy :D

Until next time~~!