Cat Problems

Unexpected

 

Seungho’s eyes opened and he rolled around his bed to look out the window. It was still dark outside. With a groan, he looked at the clock on his phone. 4AM. He rolled under his bed covers again and covered his head with the duvet.

In seconds, he was asleep again.

~*~*~*~*~*~

He woke up again to the sound of someone banging on his bedroom door.

“Seungho! Hurry up! We have a date!”

“Go away, Byunghee, it’s too early!”

“Early?”

Byunghee burst into his room, a woolen scarf wrapped around his neck. With two long strides, Byunghee crossed Seungho’s room and threw the curtains open. The sky was overcast and there was a light drizzle falling.

“It’s one in the afternoon, Panda! We have to be at Sanghyun’s house in two hours!” Byunghee turned to look at him, scowling. “Have you been sleeping all day?”

“What?” Seungho asked drowsily, feeling around for his phone. 1:05PM. “WHAT?”

“You did sleep all day,” Byunghee said, with a shake of his head. “Come on, we have to go.”

Seungho rushed to the bathroom and showered at light speed.

He was zipping up his hoodie when Byunghee came knocking on his door again.

“Are you ready?”

“Yeah, I’m coming.”

He took a good look at his friend once he had left his room. Byunghee’s eyes were a little red, as was his nose. He kept rubbing at it with his sleeve.

“What’s up with you?” Seungho asked, as Byunghee practically rubbed off the skin off his nose.

“Allergies,” Byunghee replied. “This weather isn’t good for my nose.”

“Maybe we should cancel,” Seungho said, feeling concerned for his friend. “I’m sure he’ll understand.”

Nah, I’m good.”

Seungho shrugged and walked out of the apartment, Byunghee following closely behind, sniffing.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Seungho was starting to worry about Byunghee once they reached Sanghyun’s house.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked, when Byunghee started sneezing.

“I’m fine, it’s just a little sneeze,” Byunghee replied, and sneezed again. “The smell of wet dirt doesn’t agree with me, that’s all.”

Seungho rang the doorbell and waited, keeping an eye on Byunghee.

Sanghyun appeared at the front door, a wide smile on his face. For some reason, Seungho couldn’t look away from the boy.

“You guys came!” Sanghyun exclaimed happily, stepping aside so they could enter. Byunghee sneezed again when they were taking off their shoes. “Are you okay, hyung?”

“I’m fine!” Byunghee replied, sounding exasperated.

“Okay.”

Sanghyun led them into the living room, and one of his sisters came out of the kitchen, carrying a tray with snacks for them.

“Thanks, noona,” Sanghyun said, and the girl smiled at him.

“Hi, I’m Dara, Sanghyun’s sister, it’s a pleasure to meet you,” she said to them, smiling and bowing slightly.

They have the same smile, Seungho thought, feeling strange all of a sudden.

“Hi, nice to meet you too,” he said, bowing his head. Byunghee just waved at her as another sneeze overcame him.

“If you need anything, I’m upstairs, okay? So just give me a call,” Dara said. Then she left, leaving the three of them alone in the living room.

“So, um, how have you been?” Sanghyun asked, feeling awkward. It was the first time that he had brought friends to his house (Joon didn’t count anymore, since he spent almost everyday there now, until he went to America).

“We’re good,” Byunghee said, sounding breathless. “This guy slept all day, though. He’s a Panda like you said; he even hibernates during cold days.”

Sanghyun gave a nervous laugh, avoiding Seungho’s eyes. The oldest just glared at his friend, but his glare turned into a frown as Byunghee kept sneezing.

“Uh, hyung, are you sure you’re okay? You don’t look very well.”

“Sanghyun!” Dara’s voice came from upstairs. They looked up to see her poking her head out of the banister on the second floor. “Have you seen Dadoongie? I wanted to take a picture of him.”

“Have you looked in my room?”

“Yeah. He’s not there.”

“I don’t know, noona, maybe he’s under your bed or something.”

Dara nodded and disappeared from their sight.

“Who’s Dadoong?” Seungho asked.

“My cat. Noona loves to take pictures of him.”

Oh, crap, I forgot about his cat! Seungho thought, and he turned to look at Byunghee with panicked eyes. He’s allergic to fur, that’s why he’s been sneezing so much.

“You have a cat?” Byunghee asked, now completely out of breath. His face had turned red, and his eyes were watering.

“Yeah,” Sanghyun replied, sounding scared.

, , , !

“We need to get Byunghee to the hospital. He’s allergic to fur.”

Byunghee was doubled over, struggling to breathe. Sanghyun’s eyes widened at Seungho’s explanation.

“NOONA!”

Dara came running down the stairs, and her eyes widened when he saw Byunghee.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Byunghee hyung is allergic to fur. There’s probably some of Dadoong’s hairs floating around or something.”

“Come on, I’ll take you to the hospital,” Dara said, and she and Seungho helped Byunghee walk towards her car. “Find Dadoong!” she yelled at her brother from the door.

Seungho helped Byunghee get in the car, as Dara rushed to the other side of the car, shielding her eyes from the rain.

“Seungho-ssi, could you please stay with my brother? I’ll take Byunghee-ssi to the hospital.”

Seungho wanted to refuse, being as worried as he was about his friend, but when he turned around, he saw Sanghyun at the door, looking terrified.

Ugh, why must this happen to me?

“Okay!” he called to Dara. She nodded gratefully at him, and got in the car. Seungho watched the wipers swipe over the windshield and then the car was off.

Seungho turned back to the house and saw Sanghyun standing a couple of feet behind him, biting harshly on his lip.

“I’m sorry; I didn’t know hyung was allergic to cats.”

“We should have asked,” Seungho said, feeling bad for the poor boy. He seemed to love his cat, and he never thought that something so precious to him could hurt one of his friends. “Did you find him?”

That only seemed to depress the boy even more.

“I’ve looked everywhere.”  

“What does he look like?” Seungho asked, holding in a sigh.

“He’s like a tiger; he has brown-gray fur and his stripes are black.”

“Okay. Stay here, I’m gonna go take a look around.”

Seungho turned back to the street before Sanghyun could stop him.

I deserve and award or something; I should be at the hospital with Byunghee, but instead I’m looking for the cat that almost killed him.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Sanghyun paced around the living room, waiting impatiently for any news. Was Byunghee alright? Did Seungho find Dadoong?

He felt so guilty about what had happened. He had wanted to thank Seungho and Byunghee for their help and instead, he had hurt one of them for not knowing he was allergic to cats.

He jumped in the air when a loud knock on the door scared him out of his reverie.

He rushed to get the door, and he found Seungho standing there, soaking wet and dripping water, his arms empty. He felt disappointed, but didn’t say anything. Hopefully Dadoong would come back on his own; he was worried about Byunghee. Dara hadn’t called and that was only making him more nervous.

“Sorry, I couldn’t find him,” Seungho said, stepping in. His shoes made squelching sounds on the wooden floor.

“It’s okay, hyung, he’ll come back,” he said. I hope. “Come on, let’s get you some dry clothes or you’ll catch a cold.”

Seungho followed him upstairs, where he lent him some clothes and a towel so he could dry off his hair.

“The laundry room is over there,” Sanghyun said, pointing to a door at the end of the corridor. “You can throw your clothes in the drier if you want, I’ll be back in a minute.”

“Okay, thanks.”

Sanghyun went to find a mop to dry the puddle of water Seungho had made with his shoes when he came in. If his mom saw that, she would kill him.

As he bent down to soak up the water, he heard Seungho yell his name.

“Sanghyun-ah! Come quickly!”

“Hyung?” Sanghyun called, after he rushed up the stairs.

“In here!” came Seungho’s response from the laundry room. Sanghyun ran there and threw the door open, expecting to see Seungho lying on the floor, bleeding.

With the luck I’ve had today, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Instead, he found Seungho standing on his own two feet, Dadoong cradled in his arms, purring happily.

“Wha—?”

“I was going to put my clothes in the washing machine, and I found him there,” Seungho said, while he scratched the cat behind his ears. “I suppose he fell in and couldn’t get out, since the lid was closed.”

Sanghyun didn’t think. He threw himself at Seungho, wrapping his arms tightly around the older boy. Dadoong meowed angrily at been squashed between their bodies.

Seungho stood there frozen, his heart beating wildly and his arms wrapped around the cat. Dadoong twisted himself out of Seungho’s hold and ran out of the room.

Seungho felt Sanghyun shake in his embrace and he gingerly patted his back, as the boy started to cry.


So, I felt bad for leaving you guys hanging for so long without an update. This chapter was fun to write, I just loved making G.O suffer for the sake of seungdoong kekeke.

No cliffhangers this time, because I want to leave you guys with a fluffly feeling and not with "arghh not again".

Seungho's having feelings~~~ but I'm about to throw a rock the size of Jupiter in his path *evil laugh*

Thanks to everyone who has read and commented and subscribed, you guys rock!

Don't forget to tell me your thoughts on this chapter, your comments always make me want to write faster :D

Until next time~~!