The Punishment

Unexpected

 

Sanghyun watched in horror as Sandara approached him with a wig in her hands. Doorami stood on his side, holding a make-up case. He looked up to the eldest sibling with a pleading look.

 

“Noona, please, don’t do this!”

 

“You agreed, Sanghyun. Now stop acting like a baby.”

 

He briefly considered running away, but with his two sisters blocking his path, he knew it would be pointless to even attempt it. He’d end up being tied to the chair, probably.

 

With a defeated sigh, he sat back on the chair and allowed his sisters to transform him into a girl.

 

This should teach me not to make bets with them, he thought, closing his eyes so he wouldn’t see what his sisters would do to him.

 

*~*~*~*~*~

Two hours later, he was coming doing the stairs, holding onto the banister for dear life. His sisters had squeezed him into one of their skinny jeans, and he was afraid if he made a wrong move he’d end up ripping the pants.

His mom was sitting in the living room, watching TV, Dadoong curled on her lap, purring contentedly. The older woman looked up and shook her head at the sight of him, but went back to her TV show.

“Are you going somewhere, kids?” she asked, her eyes fixed on the screen, trying to pretend her only son wasn’t dressed like a girl. Dara giggled.

 

Sanghyun wanted to protest, but he knew his mom would side with his sisters. “You made a bet and you lost, Sanghyun. You have to keep your word.” He knew she’d say something like this, so he kept silent.

 

“We’re going to the mall, mom, we’ll be back by ten,” Dara said, holding back her laughter.

 

“Be safe,” the mother said. “And take care of your brother!”

 

“Yes, mom,” the girls replied in unison. They pulled Sanghyun to the entrance where he was forced to face his worst nightmare: high heels.

 

He looked pleadingly at Dara again, but she shook her head.

 

“If you were taller, I’d let it slide, Hyunnie,” she said, “but you’re barely taller than us. So...”

 

Doorami helped him get into the shoes and once he could balance himself they said goodbye to their mom.

 

“It was cute when he was eight, but now it’s just weird. He’s eighteen!” they heard their mother say as they closed the door. The two girls snorted.

 

They walked slowly (for his sake) towards the bus stop and waited.

 

“Stop it!” Dara hissed as he pulled at his shirt.

 

“It itches!”

 

“ it up!”

 

Doorami had insisted that he had to look like a girl through and through, so she had taken one of her bras, fastened around his chest and the proceeded to fill it up with paddings and toilet paper. It would be an understatement to say he was uncomfortable with the garment, so he kept pulling at it, attempting to make it less itchy. He started to wonder why girls wore such things.

 

The bus came at that moment, so he had to stop pulling at the bra. With uneasy steps, he got on the bus, following his sisters, and had yet another loss of balance. He almost fell on an older lady, but Dara managed to grab him before it happened. She led the group to the back of the bus where they sat together, and Sanghyun went back to trying to rearrange the bra.

 

The girls pulled his hands away from his chest and held them tightly until they reached the stop closest to the mall.

 

Well, here I go, 300 meters of walking in high heels. I can do this! I can do this, I can do this, I can—ouch.

 

“You know, it’s not that hard,” Doorami said kindly as she helped him get up from the floor.

 

“You’re used to them, noona,” he complained, wincing as he set his foot back on the ground.

 

“Here,” Dara said, handing him a pair of sneakers, that she produced from her bag. He looked at her incredulously. “What?”

 

“You carry shoes in your bag?”

 

“You never know when you’ll need them,” she said, shrugging. “Come on, I wanna watch a movie.”

 

Feeling better now that he was back on solid ground, he followed his sisters a little bit more cheerfully, not even caring that they were taking him to watch a romantic comedy.

 

*~*~*~*~*~

 

After the movie, they went to a few shops, and then they went to the food court to eat something.

 

“We should do this more often,” Doorami said once they sat at an empty table. Sanghyun glared at her. “Not dress you as a girl! Going out, all three of us. We never hang out anymore, with unnie so busy all the time.”

 

“It was fun, yeah.”

 

As long as I get to be a guy, I have no problem.”

 

The two girls laughed and he smiled slightly realizing how ridiculous he sounded.

 

They continued to joke, laughing and being playful. Doorami was right: they needed to do this more often. It was really nice to hang out with his sisters, and now that he and Doorami would be going to different colleges and Dara starting on her new job, they wouldn’t have time to spend together like this.

 

None of them noticed the three pairs of eyes watching them.

 

*~*~*~*~*~

 

“Are you done?”

 

Changsun—or Joon, as he preferred—stopped rolling on the floor, wiping tears from the corners of his eyes, and snapping pictures of him on his phone.

 

“It’s not funny!”

 

It had been two days since his punishment for losing the bet began. Joon had almost peed himself (his words) when Sanghyun told him he had to dress like a girl for two weeks.

 

“Just be thankful you don’t have to go to school like that,” Joon said breathlessly, sitting on Sanghyun’s bed. “Can I post these online?”

 

“I’ll kill you if you do!”

 

“Why are you dressed like a girl anyways?” Joon asked, already calmed down. “I thought your cross-dressing days were over.”

 

Hyung, I was eight!”

 

“Whatever. So?”

 

“I lost a bet to my sisters.”

 

“Do I wanna know?”

 

“Nope.”

 

“Alright. Wanna go out?” he asked suddenly.

 

Sanghyun turned to look at his friend, a perplexed look on his face.

 

“Like a date?” he asked slowly.

 

“If you want to see it that way...” Joon shrugged, looking away.

 

“Why?”

 

“Can’t two friends hang out?”

 

Sanghyun fell silent, trying to figure out his friends motives. He knew Joon well enough to know that he didn’t do things randomly, so he must have an ulterior motive hidden behind all that innocence, but as much as he tried, he couldn’t figure out what his friend was up to.

 

“Alright,” he agreed. “But don’t try to my !”

 

“I wouldn’t dream of it,” Joon said, raising his hands in surrender. Sanghyun didn’t miss the wicked glint in his eyes.

 

They went down the stairs together, and he called out to his mom.

 

“Mom! I’m going out with Joon-hyung for a while!”

 

“Alright! Don’t come back too late!”

 

“Yeah, mom!”

 

“She seems pretty okay with all this,” Joon said, gesturing to his attire, watching him tie his sneakers. After that first outing with his sisters, he had decided he would never attempt to wear high heels again. Not even if they paid him.

 

“She gave up on us after we made Dara-noona shave half of her hair when she lost a bet a couple of years ago,” Sanghyun said, shrugging.

 

Joon looked at him incredulously.

 

“You guys are crazy,” he said.

 

*~*~*~*~*~

 

Sanghyun’s suspicions that Joon was up to something were confirmed when, once in the mall, his friend led him to the food court and instantly held his hand, but he still couldn't figure out what it was. He didn’t say anything, taking advantage of the fact that Joon was giving him a free meal, letting him choose whatever he wanted to eat and paying for everything.

 

They sat at a table close to the entrance, Joon insisting on sitting close to him.

 

“Hyung, what are you doing?”

 

“Nothing, why?”

 

“You’re weirding me out.”

 

“Just eat.”

 

They ate in silence for a while, until Sanghyun noticed a guy looking at them.

 

“Hyung, do you know that guy?” he asked Joon pointing subtly towards the guy watching them.

 

“No, why?”

 

“He’s been looking at us for some time now. I thought that maybe he was your friend.”

 

“Nope. I have no idea who he is.”

 

Sanghyun tried to focus back on his meal, but he had an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach. When he couldn’t take it anymore, he dropped his fork.

 

“Hyung, let’s go home. I’m not hungry anymore.”

 

Joon didn’t seem to mind. He got up from the table and waited for him as he gathered all his “girl props”. He took his hand again.

 

“Kaja,” Joon said, tugging on his hand impatiently. Sanghyun noticed the guy who had been watching them earlier get up from his table and walk in their direction. He felt a brief surge of panic as he saw the man approach, but he only brushed past them, not even giving them a second glance.

 

Ssnghyun had managed to see the dark circles under his eyes before he covered them with sunglasses.

 

“Come on,” Joon said, tugging on his hand again, and lead him to his car.

 

*~*~*~*~*~

 

That night, as Sanghyun changed into his pajamas, he noticed something weird on his bag.

 

There was a sticky note stuck on the side. Frowning, he pulled it off and read it.

 

You deserve better than him.

 

Below this strange message was a phone number.


I'm having too much fun with this story kekeke. Unintentional Joondoong, I hope you guys don't mind. I have the feeling there's going to be a lot of Joondoong moments in the future OTL, and the first glimpse of Seungho who came off a bit as a stalker but I didn't mean to, I swear!

To those who are reading Moon Night '90, I'll try to update that story as soon as possible, but this fic has taken over my mind, so I'm really sorry for making you wait.

To those who just join me for Unexpected, Welcome to my crazy mind, and thank you for giving me a chance  ^__^.

So if you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments, I'll try to answer without giving too much away.

Until next time~~!