Chapter 7

Will you be here forever?

I stared at the hand that was held out to me. When I didn't respond the hand dissapeared from my sight and I snapped my head back up and stared into the distance. I stared into the distance for a while, too embarrassed to face the man sitting next to me. I could feel my cheeks heating up. 

"What're you doing out in the middle of the night?" He asked. I paused before I answered him, "I had alot on my mind and just needed to go for a walk to clear my head." He nodded. "Would it be a bother for me to ask what thoughts you had on your mind?" he politely asked. I turned to face him.

"Well Choi Seunghy-" 

"Call me TOP," he cut me off. "Well uhh... TOP..." I began only to pause mid-sentence. I wasn't sure why I was telling a complete stranger about my problems, but I guessed that it was better to tell a stranger about my problems rather than no one. "Well," I start up once again. "My mother just passed away today. We had a complicated relationship while she was still alive but now that she's gone I feel so... so..." I struggled to find the right word. "Lost?" TOP offered me. "Yeah, I guess you can say that. I feel like apart of me is missing. Although she mistreated me when she was still here, I can't help but miss her now that she's gone. She was my only family left. She never said a word to me but only left me with a letter, a piece of paper. She's so selfish, I can't help but feel angry towards her," tears start to fall from my eyes.

TOP looked at me sympathetically, not saying a word. "If today wasn't already so devastating, I kissed one of my bestfriends. I don't even know why I did it, I  mean we've been friends for ages and I think that I might've ruined our friendship all because I'm so stupid. He offered me a place to stay for a while and now I've gone and made things awkward between us and... and... ughh I don't even know anymore...." I finish my rant. I drop my head to my hands as I cover my face, hiding my tears from TOP. I felt so foolish opening my feelings up to a complete stranger. 

I felt a hand on my back, fingers rubbing at my shoulder. "It's okay, it's okay. I'm sorry to hear about what's happened, I feel horrible for you but I know that you can get through all of this," TOP comforts me. Bringing my head up from my hands I look at him. His fingers come up to my face to wipe away the tears that remained on my face. "Plus, if I were your friend, I wouldn't be complanining about the kiss, I'd be over the moon," he added with a wink whilst displaying a cheeky smile. I couldn't help but smile as I swatted his arm. "Hey, you're a strong girl and I know you can make it through this," he says to me. I laugh as I reply, "You don't even know me." "I know I don't but I can see that you're a strong girl," he smiles. 

Just as he opens his mouth to speak again my phone starts to ring. "Oh, Jiyong... Yeah I'm fine.... WHAT? IT'S ALREADY 12:15AM?... I'm coming back right now!" I say into the phone. I had enjoyed the company of this fellow stranger that I had lost track of time. I put my phone back into my pocket as I stand up, TOP following. "Well TOP... It was nice talking to you, thanks for cheering me up," I thank him. "No problem uhh..." "Mi-Young, my names Mi-Young!" I say. "Well no problem Mi-Young, it was a pleasure talking to you," he says as he my ruffles my hair. I giggle as I feel like a child again. "I better get going now," I tell him. He nods his head and I wave goodbye and turn to walk back to Jiyongs smiling the whole way back. 


 

When I get back to Jiyongs aparment I find him pacing back and forth in front of the door. He snaps his head up when he sees me enter. He storms towards me, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I'VE BEEN?" he says as he grabs me for a hug. "I... can't... breathe..." I choke before he let me go. "I was sitting on a bench and fell asleep, I'm pretty tired so I'll be going to bed now," I explain to him before I stalk off to my bedroom, leaving my accountance with TOP out. 

I flopped onto my bed after I removed my shoes, my mind completely exhausted from everything that took place that day. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep right away, my dreams filled with Jiyong.