Chapter 5

Will you be here forever?

I stayed in the strong hold of Jiyong's arms for what felt like eternity. Once I calmed down Jiyong relased his hold on me as he sympathetically looked down to me. I tried to force a smile onto my face. "I'm fine..." I say to him as I wipe away the tears that stained my face. "You know that i's okay to not be okay... I'm here for you Mi-Young," Jiyong says to me as he embraces me in his arms once again. I sigh as I rest my head against his chest and breathe in his scent. Jiyong's hands rub soothing circles into my back and he kisses my forehead before letting me go once again. He offers me his hand as we walk to the receptionist. 

Jiyong sits on the waiting chairs as he waits for me to fill out some forms at the reception desk. The receptionist looks at me with sympathy as I hand back the forms, giving me a small nod. I sigh as I turn to walk back to Jiyong taking a seat next to him as I bring my knees up to my chest and rest my head against them. I feel Jiyongs arms wrap tightly around me as he brings me to lean into him. He places his lips on top of my head as me comfortingly rubs the sides of my arm. Tears stream down my face staining my cheeks once again. "It's okay, everythings going to be fine, you'll be fine, it's okay...." He says to me. I feel a little comfort from his kind words but nothing could stop the pain that I felt within my chest. We sat there for a while before I lifted my head up and hugged Jiyong back. "Thankyou for always being here for me, I can't owe you enough," I say into his ear. He doesn't reply but instead runs his hands through my hair. 

"Come on, let's get you home so you can get cleaned up," Jiyong says as he offers me his hands. I take his hand although i'm hesitant to walk. Jiyong senses me hesistance and asks me whats wrong. "I... I... I'm not sure that I want to go back home... I don't think that I want to live there anymore..." I say to him. He rubs the back of his neck as his eyebrows knit together. As he looks back up to me his face seems wary. "Do you maybe... You can... I mean if you would like you can stay with me?" He asks me. I look up to him as his words sink in. "Really? That was be great if it's okay with you." "I won't stay there for long I promise!" I add as I give him a hug. "Really, it's not big deal," he says as he takes my hand and walks me out of the hospital. 

Tears fall down my face again once im settled in his car as I replay the events that took place. It soon occurred to me that the nurse had told me that my so called 'step-father' was still alive although he was in coma. I was too distressed at the time for it to sink in. A part of me had wished that he would've left this earth instead of my mother but I knew that I was being too harsh. I couldn't wish upon the death of another individual. 

As Jiyong pulled up into the drive way I wiped away my tears and took in a deep breath. I had to be strong, not only for myself but for my mother as well. I tucked away her handwritten letter in my pocket and got out of the car. 

"You can stay in this room here, make yourself at home..." Jiyong says nervously. He brings his hand to rub the back of his neck. "I'm sorry for everything that's happened to you Mi-Young, i'll leave you alone to get settled..." he says as he turns to walk out the door. I grab his wrist back before he could leave. He turns to me with a shock expression on his face. Before he could say anything I crush my lips to his. When he doesn't respond I pull back surprised at what I had done. "I... I... I'm sorry........." I say before I run out of the room and lock myself into the bathroom leaving a confused Jiyong behind.