Chapter 5

Numai Tu

 

HongKi’s POV

Finally it’s lunch time. During the last week (after being able to act normal when I finally found ShinHye had no more the note with the one she was blackmailing me) I’ve been enjoying a lot the lunch time, maybe more than I should… Of course I still annoy ShinHye, but I do it just because SHE keeps on doing it, why should I leave her alone if she won’t leave ME alone?

Anyway, I walk happily towards the cafeteria where I’ll meet GeunSuk-hyung, already anxious to see that person, the person I hadn’t actually noticed until I got rid of the blackmailing.

“Why so happy?” ShinHye asks beside me, since Geunsuk-hyung had gotten really attached to her, she has lunch with us.

“None of your business” I answer not really bothering to add aggressiveness to my voice.

“You must be planning something” she said while we entered the building.

“Once again,” I took a deep breath to avoid my short temper from taking over “it’s none of your business” I paid for my food and left over to the table where Hyung and Yonghwa and his friend were at.

“It is if it will make my day a hell” she said when she caught up with me. “Are you planning to say something embarrassing about me?”

“No, and it’s none of your damn business” I whispered to her when we sat down.

Immediately I joined the conversation Geunsuk-hyung was having with Jonghyun, trying my best to ignore the people sitting at my right, how can she make such a beautiful day go down? I hadn’t even been annoyed with her presence during the morning and now… argh!

“Are you alright?” Geunsuk hyung asked suddenly, frowning slightly.

“Of course, why do you ask?” I smiled charmingly at my hyung.

“Maybe because suddenly your face changed to that of a murderer?” said Yonghwa, I glared at him.

“Haha, so funny Yonghwa-hyung” I said emphasizing the word hyung. He is one of the few persons that had noticed I feign to be all charm in front of Hyung, not letting him notice my bad temper.

“Well… I was asking because you were gripping your coke so  tight that if it had been a bird, it’s head would have exploded.” Geunsuk said looking at me with curiosity.

“Umm… I’m ok” I blushed slightly.

“Hongki blushing, now that is something you don’t see everyday” ShinHye murmured beside me, Yonghwa chuckled with his comment. I turned to glare at her, taking the opportunity to catch a glimpse of that person.

“Oh! I have to go help Miss Kwon, see you latter” GeunSuk left hurriedly. Miss Kwon is probably not even one of his teachers…

“Would you leave me alone already?” I asked brusquely.

“Why don’t YOU leave me alone first?”

“Because you don’t leave ME, witch!”

I don’t know exactly what happened, when I noticed I was lying on my back in the floor. ShinHye was kneeling beside me looking at me with concerned eyes.  I heard Jonghoon’s voice as if it were far away, though I wasn’t able to make out what he was saying…

“Hongki!” I looked at ShinHye, watching her lips move, but the sound came slow, not matching her lips. “Hongki, are you alright? Hongki!” then everything went black…

Jonghoon’s POV

“Hongki! Hongki!” I walked to kneel beside Hongki just like Shinhye.

“He’s unconscious, we need to take him to the infirmary” I said plainly, cradling him in my arms I stood up and walked over to the door, ShinHye following behind. From the tail of my eye I saw the guilt filled face of Yonghwa-hyung. Minutes ago, he had pushed Hongki when he called her a witch, though Hongki fell backwards and hit his head with the chair behind him.

ShinHye opened the door for me, even though they fight all the time; she seems to care a lot about him… I suppose that is why they are boyfriends, plus, to stand such a flirty boyfriend, she needs to have a strong character. Once we reached the infirmary the nurse told me to lay him on one of the beds while she prepared a tea for ShinHye to calm her nerves.

“Are you two his friends?” she asked while handing the disposable cup.

“Deh” I answered for her.

“What happened?” she asked looking at me intensely, making me uncomfortable.

“He slipped and fell backwards, hitting his head” I lied to her.

“Fine, you can leave. Once he wakes up I’ll check his reflexes. You can come next period to see if he’s alright, but for now, you can leave.” We did as told, I glanced back one last time, looking at his still form before leaving the room.

“Is it my fault?” ShinHye asked me, her eyes filling with tears.

“Why would it be?” I smiled at her, trying to calm her down.

“If I hadn’t provoke him, Yonghwa-oppa wouldn’t have gotten mad when he called me a witch” good point…

“Nah! Yonghwa shouldn’t have overreacted, if you two treat each other that way then he shouldn’t get mad… though by the way you care about him, he must have his moments, right?”

“His moments?” she asked wiping the tears away.

“Well, for you two to be boyfriends…”

“Woah woah woah!” she interrupted rising her hands to stop my walk. “Boyfriends?”

“You aren’t boyfriends?” I would have sworn they are…

“We can’t even be considered friends” probably my stunned face was screaming that I couldn’t believe what she said, so she continued talking. “We have all of our periods together, we live half a block away from each other, but it’s just coincidence. I think the only reason why we stick up to each other during lunch is because of our friendship with Geunsuk-oppa”

“Oh… really?” I couldn’t help the strange feeling the her words gave me.

“Believe me.” She said with a confident tone, showing a slight pout.

“Well then… if you want I could come check on him next period…?” I offered, feeling completely like a dumb asking that, I hope I don’t look like one too…

“Would you?” she smiled a 100watt smile.

“Yeah, sure. Why not?” I smiled at her.

“That would be really nice of you. If you need anything here is my number.” She took a paper from her purse like bag and wrote her number, giving it to me.

“Then don’t worry anymore. I’ll handle him.” She smiled one more time before turning around and leaving. Nervousness formed a knot in my stomach. What have I gotten myself in?

..::..::..::..::..::..

“Sorry?! If he were sorry he would have waited to say it!” as soon as I entered the classroom, Jonghyung bombarded me with questions about what happened and told me that Yonghwa had left a few minutes ago, that he really felt sorry. For some weird reason I got mad with that… weird weird weird…

“Calm down men!” Jonghyun looked at me as if I had grown a second head.

I was about to retort but the professor entered and we had to take our seats. Needless to say, I couldn’t concentrate during the whole class, my mind constantly drifting back to his still form in the infirmary. So deep in thought was I, that I didn’t notice the class was over until I saw a hand in front of my face trying to catch my attention.

“You gonna stay there all day?” I looked up at Jonghyun.

“I have to go to the infirmary” I said out loud when I remembered I told ShinHye I would.

“Why?” he looked confused.

“It’s a favor to Shinhye” I answered taking my things and leaving him behind.

Now that I think about it… I didn’t tell him that Hongki and Shinhye aren’t boyfriends…

 

I’m not in the mood to write any more! Today that is… the reason why I hadn’t uploaded my fics until now is… my lap is still in coma, thankfully it will be soon fixed, actually the Monday (Tuesday if they take the day because of… Merited of Benito Juarez? Google translated it like that XD) I’ll go pick it up… so maybe Monday I will post another chapter to all my fics… even those not published in this page XD!

Ok, this chap was pretty uneventfull… in my opinion, well people… you can start guessing who Hongki wanted to see so much as to ignore evil Shinhye beside him? (don’t get me wrong… I love Shinhye, she’s a great actress and I used to think her cute, after seeing some of her last photoshoots I think she’s hot XD)

Wah, I have to do a lot of timeskip! I hope it’s still understandable! D:!

Until next chapte~r!