ed. (Not like that ._.)

Secrets of a Hidden Beauty

HOYA POV~

 

"You. Have. Got. To. Be. ing. Kidding. Me."  My breath was shaky ...  I'm driving home, but I couldn't quite focus. Minho, that name still gives me chills. He doesn't quite look the same as before, but now that I think about it he looks familiar... I should quit dwelling on it and just go home. 

NEXT DAY~ Ji-Yoon POV

I woke up happy and excited, until I saw poor Yoona with puffy red eyes laying down next to me. I quietly made my way downstairs and proceeded to make Yoona's favorite breakfast. I was humming the song " You" by Lily Allen when Yoona comes and sits at the table and looks at me with those sad, miserable eyes. I go to her and tell her that breakfast isn't quite done yet, but she'll love it. I turn around and go back to the kitchen and I think she said something, "I d- -serve yo- -iend."  but I thought nothing of it and kept going. Finally! Breakfast was done and I set up the table and ate with Yoona. It was pretty silent, but I have to say, my cooking got a whole lot better. 

"Yoona-yah~ I'm going home now. Feel better!" I yelled at the front door.

"Thank you, Ji Yoon-ah." Yoona smiled gently before closing the door.

I arrived at my house to find some furniture broken and no trace of my parents anywhere...

"What... Happened here?!" I screamed and panicked. Finally, I managed to find a note on the ground. It read, "Who do you think you are? Let me ask you this one more time since you don't really know who I am. You're just a poor girl that I tried to help by dating, know your place. If you want your parents back, come by yourself to ___________ in 5 days." I just stared at the letter in shock, I crumpled on the ground and fainted. 

"Ji Yoon! Hey! Ji Yoon!" Hoya was trying to wake me up. I woke up wide eyed, hoping that everything was just a nightmare... Didn't happen. 

"Parents.. Gone. Minho he...." My voice faded as tears started flowing down my eyes.

"What..?" He asked with a gentle voice, afraid he'd break me if he said anything wrong.

"Just, read the note..." I told him as firmly as I could. He read the note and by the time he finished he was wide eyed and looked at me.

"I'm so sorry Ji Yoon-ah... I'll do everything I could to help. Trust me." He said with a gentle smile. "For now, you can stay with me if you want."

"Thanks.. And no, I'm good. I can just stay with Yoona, and if I can't I'll call you." I said.

"Ok, well I'll walk you to Yoona's and I'll be on my way." He replied. So we walked to Yoona's and rang the doorbell. She opened the door and looked at me wide eyed and she seemed extremely nervous. I explained my situation to her, trying to hold back tears, but something seemed off. Yoona's eyes seemed to wander and her lip was twitching, but it was barely noticeable. I grabbed her wrist and looked into her eyes as Hoya watched, surprised by what I did.

"Yoona. tell me what's wrong. You don't seem right, what happened to you?" I said firmly. She seemed terrified and her lip was twitching like crazy now. Finally, she broke down and tears came down everywhere.

"I'm so sorry Ji Yoon! I really didn't want to, but I didn't have a choice... "

"What is it? Tell me.."

"I-I helped Minho with his plan..."

"What?! Why Yoona?! WHY?!"

"My families well-being was at risk! It's so h-hard.... Minho's family has control over most of the big corporations in South Korea, including my father's. I had no choice Ji Yoon!" She sobbed.

"So you chose your own wealth and luxurious life over my parents' lives." I spat, eyes as hard as stone. Yoona looked down in shame. Hoya was wide eyed. "Let's leave, Hoya. She's not worth our time." I opened the door and was about to leave when I heard Yoona.

"I hope.. That you'll be able to call me 'friend' one day, Ji Yoon." She whispered. I slammed the door shut and left. I laughed bitterly as I finally understood what Yoona mumbled to me in the morning, 'I don't deserve to be your friend.'

                                                                                                                                            

(A/N) Sorry for the late update guys! Been busy... ehehehe.^^