Five

Natural Order

Gun tucked the remote into his pocket before walking into his past. Everything was exactly the same, from the interior design to the music playing it was so weird. "I still look good," he grinned to himself noticing he was wearing his favorite pimp stripped suit as he referred to it that got alot of attention by in the day. Nodding at a couple of people who he had long forgotten about as he had upgraded through the years. Feeling his pocket vibrate, he reached in and pulled out his old cell phone. Flipping it open he placed it onto his ear, "Hello?"

"Hey baby I won't be able to it out tonight. I'm so caught up with work it's crazy," a stressed woman spoke through the phone.

"Fei? Fei is that you," he asked in disbelief.

She laughed through the phone at his silly act, "Babe I'm sorry. I will make it up to you tonight I promise."

"Oh I know you will," he chuckled at the memory.

"What's that supposed to mean? Why are you being such an right now? You know how much my work means to me," he could imagine her pouting through the phone. If anyone could be named a workaholic it would be her. She loved her work and he knew if work were a person she'd be married to him.

"No I'm not being sarcastic. I'm sorry if it sounded that way. Will you please forgive me," he pleaded smoothly.

Sighing she replied, "I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions. I'm just stressed but you already know that. For sure I'll work even harder to on you tonight."

He bit his lower lip as he grew excited, "I look forward to it."

"Alright baby I'll see you later tonight. Have fun drinking the night away, just don't drink too much that I won't be able to repay the favor. Bye!"

Chuckling as he hung up the phone he felt refreshed hearing her voice and it gave him confidence to take a seat at the bar. "Hey Dennis can I get a beer."

"Sure," he nodded as he poured him a cold beer before sending it down.

"Thanks man," Gun nodded as he drank away.

 

Gun felt like he was on top of the world as he worked the night club back and forth from the bar to the dance floor. He was a natural with the women as they all seemed to flock around him. Dancing to one of his favorite hits from the past, he glanced all around before stopping in his tracks. It was as if time had stood still as everything went quiet and the room brightened as Minzy walked into the night club. She looked like she had just walked out of heaven as glimmered right before his eyes.

Dropping whatever he was doing at that moment, he nearly raced over to her. Almost tripping over his own two feet, he caught himself in time as he stood before her, "Hi," he scooped her into his arms and squeezed her tightly. He felt his eyes water seeing her. She looked even more beautiful than his memory allowed him to remember.

"Minzy do you know him," Dennis the bar tender called out to the pair.

"Umm...I don't think so," she wiggled out of Gun's embrace. "Sorry but who are youn?"

Gun stood speechless as he searched her eyes to see that they held no recognition of him, "I...uh..." Without a word, he walked away and straight into the restroom. Leaning up onto the counter top he stared at his reflection as he tried to wrap his head around what had just happened.

"That was embarassing," Daniel teased. Quickly following to where the voice was coming from. There sat Daniel smirking at him, "You looked kind of crazy out there."

"I'm sorry for wanting to hold my soon to be wife who had just died earlier," he hissed as he the water and splashed cool water onto his face. "Plus I can just use that weird remote to rewind time right?"

"About that...." Daniel gave him a look as if there were more to it.

"Right?! I can rewind and redo what I did right," he growled as he drove his fist down onto the sink.

Daniel rose his hands up to let him know he came in peace, "Look I told you that the remote would take you to pivotal moments in your relationship, but I never said it would rewind..."

"Will it fast forward to a better way of meeting Minzy? I don't think it's fair that I just made a fool out of myself without really knowing what was going on."

"You could fast forward and even press pause for a little bit there are just rules and regulations that prevent you from rewinding. So be careful with how you're rewriting your history with Minzy. Each choice you make affects and changes how your story with her turns out."

"That information would have been helpful before I ran into her," Gun hissed out of frustration. "So how can I fix this?"

Daniel shrugged as he stood to his feet and gazed at his own reflection, "That's something you're gonna have to figure out."

In a blink of an eye, Daniel was gone and Gun was left alone in the restroom to his own thoughts, "Figure this out Gun you can do it. If you can be a successful lawyer you can do anything!" Determined to set things right, he made his way out of the restroom and spotted Minzy chatting with Dennis before he walked away to deal with waiting customers. Taking a deep breath he made his way over to her as she sat sipping at her drink, "Excuse me miss, hi..."

"Oh hello," she grinned beautifully at him.

"Uh...I just wanted to apologize for earlier. But I could've sworn I know you."

She looked him up and down before shaking her head, "Nope sorry I've never seen you before."

He shrugged his shoulders as he took a seat next to her, "Really? Because I could've sworn I've seen you in my dreams."

Minzy rolled her eyes as she called for the bar tender, "Dennis! Dennis!"

"Why are you calling for the bar tender? Are you needing another drink? Let me order one for you. I know what's good here," he offered.

But she shook her head as she waved the bar tender down, "Dennis I owe you another drink."

"Didn't I tell you," he laughed as he shook his head before going back to work.

"Why do you owe him another drink," Gun asked curiously as to what the inside joke was between the two.

"He bet that you would for sure come back with some cheesy line to pick me up to save face. While I thought that you would have much more pride in yourself to walk away before the situation got awkward. But I was wrong," she laughed.

He grinned hearing her laugh, "You have such a beautiful laugh. What was your name?"

She quite laughing as she sighed, "Well I think you had too much to drink to be analyzing how I laugh."

"But I'm not..."

"Hey Minzy did you wanna go dance for a bit before the next needy customer comes," Dennis interupted as he held out his hand.

She nodded and gladly accepted his hand, "Sorry gotta go."

As the two left Gun alone, he sat totally stunned by how the night was unfolding. It felt surreal as he watched Minzy and Dennis dance the song that he and Minzy had first danced to.

 

Author's Notes:

First off I must say happy birthday to Minzy! She's growing too fast it just brings me to tears...ok I'm being a bit dramatic but I'm super proud of her. Anywho I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I'm going to be very annoying but please keep an eye out for the writing competition Vivid Dreams. I'm shamelessly putting that in all my author notes in hopes to get more awareness and eventually more participants. Thanks!