Date

The Fallen Casanova

A/N: This is a really short chapter ._. By the way, the next chapter will be the final chapter. And here are the links to Yi Jeong’s clothes and Ga Eul’s clothes

@Goddess: Yes, tell her Yi Jeong. He needs a push. Looks like I’ll have to create a situation for him to say what’s in his heart xD
@maknaes_love96: I know, I know. Wow, everyone is frustrated at Yi Jeong for being so slow in admitting his feelings for Ga Eul ><
@madz67: Here’s their first date~
@masianlove2: I love the IOU too ^^ Yi Jeong might confess soon. But I’m not really sure whether it’s considered a confession.
@xxmishxx17: Thank you :]


Chapter 11: Date

Here is my heart, guard it well.

–      French saying

Yi Jeong exhaled a breath he had forgotten he had been holding as he stood before the main entrance of Seoul Grand Park Zoo. He had spent the past few days planning the itinerary and was now holding two adult admission tickets. The Casanova was donned in a light blue shirt, a white layered vest, dark blue trousers and matching shoes. He evidently borrowed the stylish apparel from Woo Bin; his wardrobe had a desperate lack of fashionable attire since he fell from his high social status.

He unconsciously patted his pocket. The gift had been elegantly wrapped. Yi Jeong had passed by a store that was displaying it. When his eyes landed on it, he had an overwhelming impulse to purchase it because it suited Ga Eul perfectly. This gift was unlike anything in the past. In the past, the Casanova didn’t need to work hard because the museum had good reputation and money came pouring into his pockets without much effort on his part. When purchasing gifts for women, he swiped his credit cards without thinking whether they like it or not. But now, Yi Jeong had to carefully choose the gift, ensured that it suited Ga Eul and yet, was within his limited budget.

Oh well, it was worth it. For her.

Pulled out of his thoughts, Yi Jeong glanced anxiously at his watch and tapped his foot impatiently. Where was she?


“What? You’re coming?” Ga Eul exclaimed into her cell phone. She was about to head to the zoo when Jan Di called her. After Ga Eul told her where she was going, Jan Di bombarded her with questions like why she was going out on a date with Yi Jeong. Ga Eul then told her friend about the IOU.

Jan Di’s voice snapped Ga Eul back to reality. “The IOU states that he wants to spend one day with you at the zoo but he didn’t mention the word ‘date’ or ‘together’ which means that it’s alright for me to tag along.”

“Are you sure? Maybe I should give sunbae a call and—”

“It’s settled. I’ll meet you there in an hour.”

The click of disconnection buzzed in Ga Eul’s ear. A sigh heavily left her as she imagined Yi Jeong’s reaction.


Ga Eul looked especially beautiful that day. She was clad in a white camisole and an off-shoulder pink pattern chiffon top that ended above her knees, revealing her long elegant legs. Desire stung the young man as he gazed, rapt, at the girl. He burned yet more for her.

The next second, Yi Jeong’s mouth dropped open. Shock robbed all his senses and his muscles collapsed. You’ve got to be kidding me.

Following closely behind Ga Eul was a group of people. A group, mind you. And the group comprised of familiar faces – F3, Jan Di and Jae Kyung. Why were they here, playing gooseberry? Annoyance was written all over Yi Jeong’s face.

“Why are all of you here?”

“I heard from Jan Di that you two are going to the zoo. Since I’ve never been to the zoo before, I thought that this was a good chance to check it out.” Jae Kyung answered cheerfully, keyed up with anticipation.

“You didn’t even tell us about this, bro.” Woo Bin clapped Yi Jeong’s back while giving him a reproachful look for leaving out his friends on this big secret.

Jan Di merely narrowed her eyes menacingly at Yi Jeong, shooting laser beams at him as if saying, “Don’t even think of touching Ga Eul. I’ll be here watching you two”. This only led to her being dragged away by Jun Pyo.

Ji Hoo’s eyes glinted with mild interest as he gazed at Yi Jeong and Ga Eul. He kept quiet and strode away. Yi Jeong wondered if he noticed something about his relationship with Ga Eul.

“Sunbae… Jan Di called today and well, I accidentally said about our trip to the zoo so…” Ga Eul explained, hoping that Yi Jeong wouldn’t blame her.

“It’s okay. I understand.” Jan Di was a loudspeaker and one couldn’t trust her with secrets, she would have announced it to the world without your permission.


As expected, the date at the Seoul Grand Park Zoo was ruined with the presence of additional people. The group had practically toured the whole zoo, including the insectarium and the marine pavilion, and Yi Jeong still didn’t have a chance for a private chat with Ga Eul. Even when they attended the dolphin show, seal show and flamingo show, Ga Eul was sandwiched between her two female friends. They weren’t even permitting Yi Jeong an opportunity to lay his hand on her.

Was his reputation that tainted in their eyes?

Yi Jeong wished that Ga Eul wouldn’t view him like that, at least not like her friends.

The sky grew darker and darkness settled in. At eleven o’clock, it became a night sky studded with fiery stars.

“Goodbye!” Ga Eul waved her hand at F3, Jan Di and Jae Kyung. Exhaustion was evident on their faces and in every move they made. They had lingered in the zoo far too long and were now heading home. Jan Di would have loved to stay behind to watch them with her eagle eyes but Jun Pyo didn’t allow it.

“Let’s go, sunbae!” Ga Eul turned around to face Yi Jeong as weariness descended upon her. She wanted to go home too.

Yi Jeong pursed his lips. He couldn’t go home like that, without doing anything. Then, he recalled asking his friends for help earlier that day. His warm hands held onto hers, not too forceful but it was definitely a tight grip. He pulled her in the direction of the Children’s Zoo.

“Why are we going back to the zoo? It’s late. We should head home.”

“Ga Eul-yang, it’s 11 p.m. The day isn’t over yet.” Yi Jeong added, overriding her protests.

True, the IOU stated a “day” instead of a time so Ga Eul did as she was told and followed him.

When they reached the Children’s Zoo, Ga Eul noted the sign that indicated the opening hours from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Yi Jeong, however, gently pushed open the gate and gestured her to enter. Her brows tightened in confusion and Yi Jeong expounded on how he managed to convince the caretaker. With the help of the F3 (and a few threats here and there), Yi Jeong requested the caretaker to open the Children’s Zoo until midnight.

“But why are we coming to the Children’s Zoo?”

“You’ll see why soon.”

Just then, rabbits of different sizes, colors and types surrounded Ga Eul. A soft musical laugh emitted from as she bent down to take a better look at them. Her eyes glinted with curiosity at the rabbits – they were dressed in multicolored clothes and ribbons were tied either around their necks or their ears.

Smiling like a Cheshire cat, Yi Jeong passed her a folded piece of paper. Ga Eul opened it, her mind spinning with confusion.

Hint 1: I’m white.

“What? I don’t understand.”

“The ‘I’ refers to the rabbit so this means that the rabbit is white in color.”

Ga Eul’s mouth formed an “o” and she hurriedly searched for the rabbit. It turned out that there were quite a few white rabbits.

“Are you joking with me, sunbae?” Frustration flooded Ga Eul and her lower lip forward in a wary, judicious pout. She pointed to the white rabbits that she had gathered.

Yi Jeong threw her a chuckle at her impatience. He handed her another piece of folded paper and Ga Eul wasted no time in opening it.

Hint 2: I’m wearing pink from head to toe.

With the additional hint, Ga Eul narrowed down her search to a white rabbit with pink clothes and ribbon. She let out a great peal of laughter when she found it and gently cuddled the rabbit. Her eyes glinted in surprise and joy when she saw the gift in the pocket of its garment. She took the gift and tenderly placed the rabbit on the ground. The rabbit hopped away – its mission was completed.

Ga Eul exchanged a glance with Yi Jeong while he motioned her to open it. The gift was wrapped exquisitely with a ribbon. After undoing the ribbon, a fuchsia rabbit necklace came into view.

Her face was radiant with joy. “Sunbae, it’s so adorable.”

Yi Jeong was reminded of the same comment she made when he wore the disgusting red apron. He quickly shoved the image away, not wanting to ruin the moment.

“Here, let me help you.” Yi Jeong took the necklace and wore it around her neck. The silver-plated chain was cool against his fingers. He turned her around to admire the sight of his gift on her. Just as he thought – the necklace was tailored for her.

He shifted his weight back and forth between his feet, feeling somewhat nervous. He had never thanked anyone sincerely. Hence, he found it difficult to do so. “Thank you for taking care of me. You know, since I’ve lost my social status. Giving me a lodging place and all.”

“I-It’s nothing. You don’t have to buy a gift just to thank me.” Ga Eul fiddled with the necklace. A wave of yet more tender joy escaped from her heart and went coursing in warm flood along her arteries. He bought this necklace just to thank her. How sweet and caring. She hoped that Yi Jeong would always be this thoughtful.

After these thoughts had for some time entertained her, she came to reflect seriously upon what her wish was. She wanted Yi Jeong to be caring to her only. What was she thinking? He didn't feel the same way she felt for him.

Ga Eul snapped out of her reverie and inquired, “But why did you choose this? Is there a special meaning to it?”

“Well, a rabbit is associated with innocence. And, you look like one too.”

“What do you mean?”

Yi Jeong . “Don’t you remember? During the Anycall Bodyguard CF, you wore a pair of rabbit ears. You look exactly like a rabbit.”

So she was an animal in his eyes? Anger started to boil in Ga Eul, slowly bubbling to the brim. She hit Yi Jeong on the head, causing him to yelp and run away. The two then began a chasing game.

Yi Jeong wasn’t using all his energy when he sprinted because he knew that she was a slow runner. Running at full speed, Ga Eul knocked into him. The unexpected impact had caused Yi Jeong to fall down on the ground with Ga Eul tumbling on him.

It was in this awkward position that they realized the close proximity between them – their lips and faces inches apart, their bodies pressed together. Ga Eul’s cheeks and throat were flushing, burning with blood. Flustered, she propped her elbows in an attempt to stand up. Yi Jeong, on the other hand, was unwilling. He put his arms around her waist and pulled her against his chest. They were even closer now than before. Ga Eul could feel his raspy and shallow breath against her lips.

His lips softly brushed hers and her heart took an uneven rhythm. Before she could even protest, his lips pressed against hers. His arms that were locked around her waist were like steel girders, preventing her from escaping. He led on her lower lip and then pried open with his forceful tongue. His tongue probed the inside of , kissing her with fervor and delving deeper and deeper.

Gradually, the kisses grew more urgent, and she felt the electricity flicker all through her body, charging it, making her heart pound and her breath catch. It made her feel strangely soft and dizzy, made her shut her eyes and let her body do the work, not the head.

Her arms reached up to twine tightly around his neck as she met his rough kisses with inexperienced ones. He groaned in pleasure when he realized that she was finally responding to him. He wanted so much to tell her his feelings for her. But he knew he couldn’t. He couldn’t confess now. Now that he was poor. He was afraid that he couldn’t give her the happiness she deserved. Yi Jeong hoped that she would understand his feelings through these kisses.

Unlike the previous pretend date, which had fireworks when he snapped his fingers, this date was more genuine, sincere and sweeter. Everything that elapsed between them was authentic, even the kisses that were happening now.

Pleasure and desire raced between them, connecting them, drawing them closer. The stars overhead winked at the couple, jovial to have witnessed this passionate moment.


Yi Jeong ran his tongue over his lips in satisfied remembrance as he browsed through the pile of envelopes. Ga Eul had left the apartment, stating that she had grocery shopping to do. Yi Jeong had heard the wheezing sound of a motorcycle’s engine and saw that it was the mailman. Thus, he collected the pile of envelopes. His eyes landed on a brown envelope that had his name on it and he opened it without much thought.

So Yi Jeong,

We are pleased to inform you that you have emerged victoriously as the winner for the annual pottery competition. Your scholarship is attached in this letter and your vacancy in the Arts School of Sweden has been reserved. We have enclosed the airline ticket to Sweden. Once again, congratulations!


A/N: And here’s the link to the necklace

Glossary
Seoul Grand Park Zoo: Korea's first zoo