Han Geng x Depressed!Reader [Painkiller] Part 2

Han Geng x Depressed!Reader [Painkiller]

A month has passed since you became friends with Geng. Since the moment he pulled you back over the fence on that bridge, the two of you almost never parted. As soon as your schedules were over the two of you would go and do something.

 

It felt really good to have a friend, you even wondered why you never tried to befriend someone before. But you realized there was just no one like Geng. After the incident on the bridge he found out about your suicide thoughts, but he let you promise to never ever try something like that again. And you were more than willing to promise it.

 

Since the two of you spent so much time together Geng decided it was a good idea to introduce you to his best friend, Heechul. He’d told a lot about this ‘Heechul’ and from what you heard, you didn’t really like him.

 

Geng told you Heechul thought he was prettier than every girl, something you couldn’t believe, but didn’t really care about. You didn’t care about your looks at all. Why would you? It was not like anyone would ever notice you. But what you bothered was that this ‘Heechul’ seemed to be like a really happy, hyper-active personality, something you couldn’t stand. But he was Geng’s best friend, so you decided to give him a chance.

 

That afternoon you and Geng went to the park, where you would meet Heechul. There were a few other people at the park, since the weather wasn’t that beautiful, but to you it was perfect. From the very few people you could easily guess who Heechul was. The guy with long, wavy, brown hair. You had to admit it looked quite good. But he was not your type of guy.

 

Now you were thinking about it, you didn’t really have a specific type of guy you liked. Well, there was a boy, you had some kind of feelings for, but you weren’t sure if it was like ‘love’ or something.

 

As soon as Heechul saw the two of you he came running over to you. “Hey, I’m Heechul, you must be _____, Geng told me a lot about you,” he said while winking at Geng.

 

“Yes, and you must be Heechul,” you said, while wondering why he kept winking at Geng as he thought you weren’t looking.

 

The three of you went to a small ice-cream shop just outside the park, where Heechul bought the biggest portions of ice you’d have ever seen.

 

You went outside and sat on the terrace. Even thought Heechul tried to start a conversation with you several times, it always ended with an awkward silence. The only thing you two had in common was your friendship with Geng and the fact that you both were trainees.

 

You knew you had to give him a chance, but it was hard, since you had nothing to talk about. And your personalities were like the opposite, which also made the situation uneasy.

 

This time you started the conversation. “Err, Heechul, how do you feel about being a trainee?” you asked. And it turned out to be your best idea ever.

 

Heechul talked for like half an hour about how he came to the idea of becoming a trainee and about his audition. You didn’t really listen, you just nodded or made approving sounds if he’d be looking at you. But then he said something which caught your attention.

 

“Could you repeat that please, Heechul?”

 

“Of course, _____.  I said, in three months they will tell us, which trainees will debut and which trainees can’t debut. I heard there’s one trainee, they want to kick out of the program,” Heechul said excited.

 

But you weren’t excited at all, if they would kick one trainee out of the program, it would probably be you, since you were the only trainee that was late often and had a lot of problems following the classes.

 

You looked at Geng and said “It’s probably me, you know. I’m always late for classes and I can’t seem to keep my mind at the lessons.”

 

Heechul looked up. “Yes, that’s something I kinda wanted to ask you, _____, why are you late so often? Even I’m always in time,” Heechul said.

 

You looked at Geng, not sure if you should tell Heechul  about the lawsuits.

 

Geng looked at you and nodded. “You can tell him, I’ll make sure he keeps it a secret,” Geng promised you.

 

You glanced at Heechul and told him about the lawsuits and the problems with your dad.

 

When you finished there was an awkward silence. Heechul took your hand and said “I feel so sorry for you, _____, it must be so hard. I think it’s awesome that you’re still a trainee. Even though it’s so hard for you to continue.

 

And with that, you decided that Heechul was okay and that you’d allow he to be your friend. I you looked behind his y, hyper-active mask, he was a really nice guy.