Free Bunnies

My Bunny Boyfriends

 *{Chapter 1}*

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

The sweet, chirping birds signaled the start of another day. 

  I was already (slowly) making my way downstairs with a fluffy blanket around my shoulders like a cloak. I told myself the night before that I needed to rest and stay home for one day, but I just couldn't help myself. I hate staying in my bedroom the whole day and just laying on my bed like a lifeless lump.

  I opened the cupboards and got a box of cereal. I pulled out the milk regrigerator and tipped it over into the bowl.

  Plop.

  *Great. Sour, chunky milk.* I tossed the milk carton onto the floor and purposely banged my forehead on the table. I looked hatefully at the carton on the floor and got up to throw it away.

  I went back upstairs to wash and tied up my hair in a neat ponytail. I changed into a blue tank top and black leggings, put on my white sneakers, and headed out the door.

♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡

If there was anything that cured a bad day for me, it was nature. I just loved the fresh air and the light, cool breezes. I also loved how much space you had to do whatever you want and the feeling of freedom, plus it was really pretty there to. The park was a huge circle, and a river runs straight through the middle.

  During spring and summer, it was green with dots of different colors here and there because of the flowers. When its fall time, it turns into a magnificent place to play in the leaves and take pictures by the multi-colored treees. The park then becomes a winter wonderland. The river becomes a really long ice skating rink, and everything is blanketed by a thick layer of fluffy, white snow. 

 I closed my eyes for a few seconds and basked in the sun's heat. I spread my arms out as if I was about to recieve it and took a nice, deep breath of fresh, cool air.

 Although, I tried my hardest to run at least 1 mile, my empty stomach growled in disapproval. In the end, I just ran to a nearby café and ordered a strawberry smoothie and french toast.

 I sat at the table outside and nibbled on my toast. I watched as the park began to fill up with people.

 Another thing I loved about the park was how happy it was. Families set up their picnics underneath the shade of the trees and while daddy is cooking at the grill, his wife and kid(s) played with bubbles, frisbees, or balls.

 It reminded me so much about how me and my dad used to spend our time together. We always sat next to the river with our feet dipped in the refreshing water, eating a variety of yummy and healthy foods. He always brought the most fun toys in the world. While the battery-powered bubble blower filled the air with bubbles, we played catch, or tag, or hide and seek.

  The happy memories brought tears to my eyes. Not wanting to ruin the day at the park, I blinked back the tears and thought about the something else.

  I sipped on my smoothie as I strolled through the park. I saw a playground filled with laughing, happy children and smiled. *Lucky them, they still have their parents to rely on. All they have to do is to listen to their parents, be good at school, and play.*

  I continued to walk when I saw tracks on the dirt. There were several, and they criss-crossed as if the owner/owners of the feet were lost and confused. Then, there were more organized tracks. *Must have been one heck of a chase...*

  Out of curiosity, I followed the tracks. They turned several times and often disappeared under the bushes. The branches of some the bushes were snapped and scattered all over the floor, and the leaves were violently shaken down.

   I followed the prints deeper into the woods and came upon a barren clearing. *I've never been to this part of the park... Why is it so empty?*

   Then, I caught sight of a round object. The prints seemed to come and go from the object, so I decided to check it out. "What is this?" I mumbled to myself.

   It was made entirely out of metal and had a few little lights on the outside. It looked like the owner was trying to bury it, but gave up halfway. Not wanting to touch it, I swung my foot at the object. It cracked open.

   And out came 6 little rabbits.

   Immediately, I kneeled down and picked one up. "What are you little guys doing in there? Ooohh! You're so cute!" I pinched its cheeks and saw that it had a face mask. "That's an odd thing for a bunny to wear. Here let me take it off..."

   As I tried to pull off the mask, the bunny squirmed in my arms and ran to his friends. "Alright! You want to keep the mask."

  It felt strange to be having a staring contest with 6 masked bunnies, but I couldn't unglue my eyes from them. They were different from other bunnies I've seen.

  *I just can't leave them here... They might run into that predator again.* I thought as I remembered the tracks.

  And so, I sat there with them for the rest of my day. They stayed there with me with curious and wary eyes. The bunnies moved around me and observed me. I was being observed by bunnies like I was a criminal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matoki Earthventures

Ep. 2: The Earthling Girl

******************************

"Calm down, Jokomato, she wasn't trying to eat you!" Shishimato said to the cowering bunny. *She's just an earthling.*

 Jokomato and his friends stood behind their leader. "Yes she was! Did you see how she was looking at me? AND she tried to pull down my mask! Look! Now she's thinking about how she'll cook us for dinner!"

 "No she isn't! She's human. We're aliens. She's probably shocked or curious. I know I would be is a human crashed on our planet." Shishimato argued.

 "She's been here for hours!" Totomato whined from behind his mask. "Toto is hungry and bored!"

 "Shhh.. Wait look! She's getting up." Shishimato said.

 Joko shakily hid behind Totomato. "She's coming! WAHHH!!!"

 The 6 bunnies were swept up into her arms and carried away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, no one has claimed you guys... So I'll take you home with me! It'll be fun!" I skipped back home while humming a happy tune, excited to have 6 adorable pets.

♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡~♡

"Jja~Here's your food and water!" I announced as I set the dishes on the floor.

The bunnies immediately sprinted over and devoured the food. Chunks of fruits and vegetables flew around the room and the water began to spill.

"Omo! You guys eat so well! Good job!" I said proudly.

Then, the meal became violent. Bunnies were thrown and pushed around the place and one rabbit began to throw kicks.

"Y-y-yah! Hajima!" I ordered as I tried to seperate the bunnies and break up the fight.

"Stop! Hey! OWW!"

I cupped my throbbing cheek and stared at the yellow rabbit who had just kicked me. It realized what it had just done and hid behind the grey rabbit, who in turn calmly hopped away.

I walked over to the shaking bunny and picked it up.

Since I could never bring myself to hurt any living creature, I gently dropped him in a room and left it there.

Meanwhile, I picked up the dishes and set them in the sink. I grabbed a towel and wiped up the spill from the water bowl and then swept the food away.

I ignored the bunnies hopping around my living room and went upstairs for a good night's sleep.