One time isn't enough

Once upon a time... there's a DJ and an Idol

(Five days after Kai's Birthday)

Saturday meant a lot to you because of DAY OFF together with Mr. Sunday. You were invited by EXO-K to go at SM's building and watch their practice since you don't have really nothing to do at home. They got inspired to dance because of you, they had put much more effort to their dancing but it was only five people: Suho, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Sehun. Kai was kind of tipsy, sometimes he'll be out of balance and sometimes will fall to the other members near him. The practice room was sort of cold because of the air conditioner so the members couldn't feel hid FEVER except for you who went out to buy drinks for them and went back to give it to them and to Kai. You were a sharp one to notice that right away. 

"Won't you really take care of Jongin?" you questioned the boys ft the second time. 

"I'm really sorry __ but we can't. We have to practice for the World Tour." Suho answered for them. 

"So, I'll take him home." you decided. 

"I'm really sorry for causing troubles, __."

"Sure..." 


You assisted Kai to his walking as you both exited SM building. He said he was really becoming more and more dizzy when he moves. He almost fell when he stepped a foot in the van. Their manager stopped at the pharmacy to buy medicine for Kai and headed straight to the dorm. 

"You pushed yourself too much!" You thought that this feverish Kai need to have a good sermon from you. 

"__... My head... It really... Hurts..." he murmured under his breath as he slowly fell on your lap. 

"You are... Really a troublesome guy." You said, gently touching his hair. Kai's words had a hidden meaning in it, it wasn't simply a head-ache but he was also telling you to stay with him and don't leave him until he gets better. You accompanied him all the way to his room with Kyungsoo and laid him down there. Kai was really burning in heat. If he hadn't met you, there might be times were Kai doesn't give a single about his condition but now you were here, that might change. 

"Jongin... Where are the towels?" you asked the almost-fainting-Kai. He could barely make a movement, his arm was shaking as he pointed to the wooden white cabinet attached to the walls. You immediately brought out a small towel from it and quickly sunk it to the water, running back to Kai after doing that. Kai was full of sweats, he was also panting hard. "Gosh... Why you didn't tell anyone about your fever?" you said as you took off his shirt and wiped his sweats all over his upper body. 

"I don't want to be... a bother to hyungs..." Kai said between coughs. 

"They'll going to consider it for sure you know?" Enough of the lectures, you mentally slapped yourself. Kai obediently took his medication and took a rest which you ordered him to do. 

'I feel like taking a child.' It was because of Kai for making you think that, the way he tightly intertwined his fingers on your own was definitely a kid will do if he's scared. Kai soon fell asleep, his panting calmed down a bit. He had such an angelic face when sleeping, so much difference when at stage, he was turning into a y beast, you could really tell the difference. Just talk about those puffy lips, you wondered what will be the taste― oh wait, you ALREADY had tasted it. You never thought of considering it lucky but if you are just in the position of a fan, you can die tomorrow or later. 

The room was so silent that made you drifted to sleep. The moment you and Kai were asleep, the other members finally went home. They noticed that your shoes were inside telling them that you had been taking care of Kai for the whole. A really gentle woman, they thought. They couldn't find you both anywhere but when Kyungsoo returned back to his room, he founded you two. 

"Guys, come here." Kyungsoo said, loud enough not to wake you both up. 

"This scene is famous at movies." Sehun said playfully. 

"At the hospital? Right." Baekhyun agreed. 

"Ah, Suho-hyung," Sehun called, "For what is that cake? for me?"

"Not a chance~ it's for Kai."

"Eh?! But hyung! I want to eat cake too! Or do I have to catch a fever so you'll buy me one?"

"Kai is been working hard."

"Hey! Does that mean I'm not giving out my best?!"

"Aish... Fine, next time."
Suho gave up. 

'You can't really beat this stubborn maknae...' Kyungsoo thought. 

A moment after their noisy conversation, Kai got disturbed by the boys. They didn't realized they were getting noisy every second. 

"Kyungsoo-hyung..." It became Kai's habit to find Kyungsoo first. 

"Kai? How are you feeling?"

"Good. Thanks to __." Kai let out a yawn. "By the way, what are you guys doing? Gathering at the table...?"

"Eating cake~" Sehun stuck his tongue out, teasing Kai. 

"Ah! Why didn't you wake me up?!"

"Stop ranting there and hurry up and eat." Kyungsoo said. The cake supposed to be Kai's but when the other five got bored, they started to eat it including Suho― the one who actually wanted to give the cake to Kai. The dancing machine joined the others, sitting on the chair with one of his legs on his other lap, slouching while holding the plate with one hand. It seemed like Kai came back to himself again. 

"So, what is __ doing right now?" Chanyeol questioned Kai. 

"Sleeping."

"On?"

"My bed, of course." 


"Hey... Is it just me or―" Chanyeol couldn't finish because Kai cleared the confusion. 

"I-It's just you, Chanyeol-hyung! Of course I can't leave her sleeping at the side of the bed r-right?!" Kai stuttered. 

"Oh~? why are you getting so worked up~?" Chanyeol smirked. 

"Because you're getting the wrong idea!!!" 

'What the―' Kai was kind of loud to take you out from the dreamland. 'What the hell... I think Jongin finally recovered... More importantly... Where am I? ... Oh, still at their room, Kai's room, ... What...?' The smell of the pillow is definitely Kai's scent. As a girl, you would be surprised to know that you're lying down on a boy's bed. As you attempted to get out of the bed, you tripped on the blankets, making a loud thud. The boys at the kitchen heard that, they walked where the sound came from. 

"First... Because of the envelopes... Now... Because of the blankets... Why am I so goddamn clumsy..." you mumbled as you kept punching Kai's stupidly thick white blanket. 

"__...?" the six boys stared down at you. 

"Sorry... I tripped..." you let out a deep sigh, a bit embarrassed. The boys chuckled. 

"Come on... Get up..." Kai approached to you and lent you a hand with a smile. Kai was like a prince who just went down to give the princess a ride to his white horse. Oh geez, lame fantasies again...

You unconsciously took his hand and he pulled you up. You bid the boys goodnight while Kai accompanied you to your room. 

"I just noticed, Kim Jongin," you said, staring at Kai with such annoyed face. 

"What?"

"Why is thedancingmachineofexokandmanofyourfangirlsdream following me?"

"Wow, what a nickname." 

"Forget it, answer my question."


"I just want to..." Your eyes went wide because of the sudden kiss from Kai, on the forehead by the way "... thank you for taking care of me." then he smiled, adorable as ever. You were left speechless, the kiss plus that lady-killing smile. 

"Die!!!" instead of saying 'You're welcome, dear'... you told him to just die in a hole. You shut the door loudly as Kai just giggled behind the door.  

'Why would he do that?!?!?!' You asked yourself. 

"Stop blushing and go to bed!" Kai ordered jokingly. 

"I'm not blushing you shameless idiot!"

"Oh yes you are." 

"Ah! Just go home! You're annoying!" 

"I'm living here~ and where's the politeness~?"

"Now please go back to your dorm, mister."

"That's Kai-oppa for you." Kai thought you were cute so he couldn't stop himself from smiling.