chapter 9

Escape

I wake up to a horrible head ache, I look around at my surroundings Oh god no I think to myself while recognizing my surroundings. My arms are held down with metal wrist bands to a chair and so are my legs. Oh Kevin I hope they didn’t take you too I think to myself trying to slide my hands from under the wrist bands but it’s useless. I look around and see no one Kevin must have had gotten away, I sigh in relieve and look out a window in the room the hall way is empty.

“Well I see you’ve wakened, I’m glad to see that thought that my soldier here had hit you to hard.” Says the voice of a man, a screen reflects onto the wall in front of me and I see a man in a doctors suite sitting in a chair in front of a desk, he has white hair a and wears big glasses.

“Who are you?”

“Well I’m your creator; I’m the head of this whole thing that you’re a part of.” He grins “You know, you and your friends are being really ungrateful, don’t I give you everything you want?” I don’t say anything and try to ignore him

“Aren’t you going to say anything sweetheart?” he laughs the same laugh that mocked me in my dream about Eli the other night. “You better answer me; I don’t think you want me to press this nice little button now do you?” he says pointing resting his hand over the big red button. I won’t let him get to me I think to myself.

“Oh stubborn now aren’t you?” The creator presses the button and the chair electrocutes me for a good long time.

“Will you talk to me now? I don’t think you want me to press the button again.” I don’t want it again, but I’m not going to give in. The creator presses the button three more times and I taste blood on my lips.

“Oh I think these electrocutions are too strong for your small body aren’t they?” he says giving me a big smile and resting his hand over the button. “Will you talk now?”

“I have nothing to say.”

“Oh sure you do, Where are your friends?”

“I won’t tell you, I’d rather die in this chair from so many electrocutions.”

“Sassy now aren’t you? Don’t think too much of your self girl, by now your friends have totally forgotten about you.” Doubt rushes into me but I refuse to believe it, I refuse to let him see my doubt.

“No they haven’t Kevin probably already went to tell the rest and are trying to find me right now, Eli knows where this place is, he’ll find me you’ll see.” I tell him a laugh bubbling up my throat.

“We’ll see about that.” Says the creator and turns off the screen, I smile in satisfaction at my so far victory.