chapter 5

Escape

 

Kiseop had asked me to meet him in his office when we were at the mall waiting for the girls; he wanted to know more about what we were running away from. I knock on the office’s door “Come in” I hear Kiseop say so I open the door and enter into the room closing the door behind me.

“Take a seat.” Says Kiseop pointing at the chair across of him on the other side of his desk.

“Thank you.” I say pulling the chair out and sitting down.

“So Eli tell me what is going on? What are you four running from?” Kiseop leans in and rests his hands on the desk.

“We escaped the science lab in the woods, and we were running away from the soldiers and Nano-cops before they caught the rest of us, only the four of us survived out of the thirty that had escaped.”

“Science lab? Why were you guys in a science lab?”

“Well you see, every month the scientist come into our village take a couple people and test new medicines on them to make sure the medicines are safe.”  

“What happens if you die during the procedure?”

“Nothing we never her about them again, they probably burn the bodies.”

“So if you live past the testing do you get to come back to the village?”

“No.” Kiseop’s face grows confused and he sits up straight in his chair. 

“What do you mean no?”

“If we live they think we have strong immune systems so they keep us in the dorms to test more medicines on them.”

“How do you know all this?”

“Were one of those people that’s why we escaped, were sick of the experimenting and being their lab rats.”

“We…?”

Claire, Kevin, and I and now Susie too, that’s why we escaped we had been there for way to long.”

          There is silence for a while and then I remember what Claire had said that night before we finally reached this city.

“Can you help us?” I ask Kiseop breaking the silence

“Sure just tell me what to do.”

“Well you see it’s always only been people in our village. The scientists know who everyone is without even having to come into our village. Do you think you can help me figure out information about the village and why the scientists choose only people from our village?” A grin grows onto Kiseop’s face.

“Of course count me in.” I get up push my chair in and am about to leave the room. “Thank you so much for everything.”

“Oh its nothing, you’re very welcome.”

          I leave the office and close the door behind me then head to my room. I shower, brush my teeth then I laid down and fall asleep hoping that Kiseop can find out something about our village.