Chapter 7

Escape

When I wake up the next morning Kiseop is gone but I’m nicely tucked in under the bed covers, I feel butterflies in my stomach at the thought of Kiseop doing that. I get up and fix the bed then go and brush my teeth in the bathroom. I change into a tank-top and a pair of tight jeans and then head down stairs. No one is up except for Kiseop.

“Sleep good?” asks Kiseop, I smile and nod at him

“Yes thank you.”

“That’s good you seemed cold so I tucked you in before leaving.” he says and offers me a cup of coffee.

“No thank you I’m not a big fan of coffee, and that was very sweet thank you.” I hear footsteps coming from down the stairs so I turn around and see Eli.

“Good morning you two.” Says Eli grabbing some orange juice and pouring it into a glass.

          Eli, Kiseop and I prepare breakfast, by the time were done making breakfast Susie and Kevin have joined us in the kitchen. We eat breakfast quietly, when were done we wash our plates and clean up the table.

“What about we go to a walk around the pond?” asks Kiseop “That way you’ll see more of the city.”

“Yeah! Let’s go.” says Susie, we put on our shoes and then start walking.

          When we get to the park Kevin asks me to go a different way from Susie, Kiseop and Eli.

“Ok.” I tell him, we head towards a deck that goes half way into the pond and sit down at the edge so our feet hang over the water. “What is it?” I ask

“Well you see, I’ve been trying to tell Susie how I feel about her but every time it try something happens or she’s distracted with her own thoughts, what should I do?” Kevin slides his fingers through his hair and looks down into the water “And it’s not like I’m not distracted too, I’m just as frustrated as Eli I still can’t believe that somewhere out there, there is someone who looks exactly like me or there was someone who looked just like me.” Kevin sighs and looks up at the sky

“I know how you feel I can’t believe it either, won’t go through my mind, it doesn’t want to believe it. About Susie though you should tell her how you feel right now while you have the opportunity.” Kevin looks up at me his eyes shining and a smile growing across his face.

“You’re right.”

“Yes! So let’s go back and find them so you can tell Susie alone.” Kevin and I walk back towards the direction that Susie and the guys had taken. We look around for Susie but cannot find neither Kiseop, Eli nor her.

          We find Eli and Susie a while afterwards there sitting together under a tree and it seems like they are just talking, were about to say something until Susie leans in and kisses Eli full on the lips. My face gets warm and jealousy rushes trough my veins, I feel like crying so I turn and run away from where Eli and Susie are. I hear Eli’s voice scream my name but I don’t bother to turn and look at him, I can’t believe I never realized my true feelings for him till now that it’s too late I think to myself sitting behind a tree and resting my forehead down on my knees.

“I guess it’s good I didn’t tell Susie anything, huh?” asks Kevin sitting down next to me, I nod and wipe away my tears. After a while of silence me and Kevin get up and start walking down the street. All of a sudden everything goes blank and the last thing I hear is Kevin screaming my name.