chapter 6

Escape

I step into my room from the porch, ever since we got here my favorite thing to do is go out onto the porch and look at the city lights, I’m about to go to bed when my room door opens a bit.

“May I come in?” Asks Kiseop, my heart starts racing and my face goes warm I can feel my cheeks reddening.

“Yes of course come on in” I say as I close the door behind me.

“Did you have fun shopping today?”

“Oh yes tons of fun! I bought so many cute things!” Kiseop smiles and sits on the edge of the bed next to me he takes my hand in his.

“I just wanted to say I’m sorry for the way I acted earlier”

“It’s alright” I say to him smiling

“You know Eli told me what happened to you guys” I look at Kiseop confused

“What?”

“He told me about how you guys were running away from the soldiers and Nano-cops, and he asked me if I could figure out why they only choose your village.” I look at him surprised

“Do you think you can figure out why they do?”

“I sure do, all ill need is the name of your village and I can start figuring out information tonight.” my whole body  fills in happiness

“The name of our village is Andus Ville.” Kiseop smiles at me and gets up

“Well I’ll let you sleep; I’ll tell you guys if I find anything tomorrow, alright?” I nod at him and feel like melting at the sight of his beautiful, seductive smile. Eli leaves the room closing the door behind him. After Kiseop is gone I crawl into bed and fall asleep.

 

__________

 

I wake up to Kevin and Susie standing at the end of my bed.

“Come on, Eli and Kiseop are in the office it sounds like they are arguing.”

I roll out of bed go  brush my teeth quickly while Kevin and Susie fix my bed for me. Kevin, Susie and I rush down the stairs and stand in front of the office door we press our ears to the door and keep silent trying to hear.

“That can’t be!” we hear Eli saying in frustration

“Your portable must be wrong or the website or something.” Susie Kevin and I look at each other.

“What can’t be?” I whisper at them and they both shrug. The door opens and we fall on top of each other. I look up and smile seeing Eli, he has an expression I have seen on him before, anger.

“Well I’m glad your all here, we have to talk.” Says Eli in a very serious tone of voice

 I look over at Kiseop; he shrugs and looks at us apologetically. I get up so that Kevin can get up once he has he helps Susie up.

“What’s going on?” I ask as we walk up to Kiseop’s desk and gather around it.

“Do you want to tell them Eli or should I?” asks Kiseop, we all look over at Eli and I assume that this all has to do with our village.

“I’ll tell them” Says Eli going around the desk and standing next to Kiseop, we all stare at Eli impatiently waiting for him to talk.

“Were all clones…?” Says Eli looking at the floor

“What…? What are you talking about?” I ask him confused

“Everyone in the village we are all clones…” Eli starts getting impatient

“That can’t be” Kevin and Susie are silent; their face expression confused still trying to acknowledge all their hearing

“It’s true” Says Kiseop he turns touches something on the screen of his portable and a page reflects onto the wall behind him.

“Read that, it will explain everything.”

 

A

 

ndus Ville created in 2032 by scientist in Ashville North Carolina.

The people in this village are all clones of people in either the outside world

Or scientist back in the day. No one really knows anything about these people

Except that they live in an old style, the people in this village are in the middle of the woods near the mountains, which is the reason that no one has seen the village or found out about the people, not even the government. The people in the village are used by the scientist to get experimented on with medicines that later on come out for us to use.

 

 I don’t finish reading the rest of the story, there’s too much going on through my mind, and everything I’ve always wondered about someone looking like me has all of a sudden come true. I hear voices around me but they don’t make any sense.

____

Everything is blank, I call Eli’s name because I know that he’s always there when I need me but Eli never comes. I walk in the empty room with my arms around me and search for him, I see a door so I walk to it and open it I see Eli tied to a chair and I run to him. “ELI!!” I yell and try to untie him from the chair; blood starts running down his nose and his wrist are bloody from how tight his hands are tight. I hear laughing so I turn around searching for whoever the laughing is coming from. The laugh is evil, and it mocks me, a soldier teleports behind Eli, I realize that it’s the same soldier that Eli had saved me from when we were escaping. I plead him to let Eli go but he laughs even lauder all of a sudden the room is surrounded by thousands of Eli’s and Claire’s all doing and saying the same thing.

 

____

 

I open my eyes and see Eli sitting next to me watching me, when he sees I have awaken his eyes go big and bright and he smiles.

“Finally, I thought you weren’t going to wake up anymore you hit your head pretty hard” he says to me helping me sit up

“Hm?” I say confused what is he talking about I think to my self

“You fainted; I think maybe all that information was too much for you” I stay quiet not knowing what to say, I must seem weak to him. “I’ll be back a couple of people have been waiting to see you” says Eli as he walks out of my room.

          Eli comes back a while later with Susie and Kevin, Susie runs up to my side and gives me a hug.

“You had us so worried girl!” She says, Kevin is smiling at me

“I’m glad you’re ok.” says Kevin as he sits next to me on the edge of the bed. I look around for Kiseop but I don’t see him.

“Where is Kiseop?” I ask no one in general, Eli sighs and turns his back towards me.

“I’m going to bed I’m glad you’re ok now Claire.” Says Eli as he walks out of the room.

“Well what happened to him?” asks Susie watching Eli walk out the room “Anyways Claire I’m not sure where Kiseop is, maybe he went to sleep” disappointment rushes trough me and I look down

“Oh” I say and smile at them “thank you for worrying about me you guys”

“Oh it’s no prob.” Says Kevin smiling

          A while later Kevin and Susie head to bed and I stay in bed watching T.V. A couple of hours later my door opens and I see Kiseop entering my room, I turn away from him and go back to watching the T.V.

“I hope you’re not upset at me for not waiting for you to wake.” he says walking and sitting on the edge of the bed next to me.

“It’s fine.” I say not bothering to look at him; Kiseop lifts my face up so that I look at him. His face is beautiful, but I can see black circle under his eyes from lack of sleep.

“I had stayed up all night looking for information about the village so I headed to bed, I didn’t think you would wake up as soon as I went to bed or I would have stayed up.” I feel bad for being upset at him, especially since our problems have been keeping him up so late. I turn off the T.V and then lay on my side and close my eyes.

“Should I let you get to bed?” Asks Kiseop getting up, I shake my head and grab his hand.

“Stay till I fall asleep? I’m scared” Kiseop smiles and lays down on the bed next to me.