Chapter 3

Escape

 

          Kevin and Eli went a different direction to ask for help, meanwhile me and the girl walk to a store and look around.

“What’s your name?” I ask her but she doesn’t look away from the clothes rack. Ok I think to myself and keep looking through some dresses in the clothes rack.  “Are you ok?” I ask her, she gives me a once over but doesn’t say anything to me. Well then so much for trying to be friendly I think to myself.

“Excuse me.” I say to a women standing behind me, she looks at me. “What time is it?” she looks at her watch.

“5:30 pm” she says to me I smile at her and say “Thank you.” she smiles back and says “Your welcome.” And then she walks away. A while after Kevin and Eli enter the store.

“What happened?” I ask them.

“Well we won’t have a place to sleep at so we will have to search in the mean time for a good place where we won’t be seen.” Says Kevin while we exit the store, we spend hours looking around for a place to stay.

          The sun has started to go down and we still haven’t found a place to stay but Eli and Kevin won’t give up.

“Lost?” Asks the voice of a man behind us, we all turn around and look at him. He’s beautiful; he has pitch black eyes, black hair, beautiful clear tan skin and is tall.

“Actually were just looking for a good place to sleep for the night” says Eli to him. The man looks at us and stays silent for a moment.

“Well…” he says “I have a couple rooms to spare at my house, would you all like to stay with me?” Eli looks over at us and we all nod at him and stare at him with wide eyes.

“Ok” says Eli to the man “But we will find a way to repay you as soon as we can” the man smiles at us.

“Don’t even worry about it, I don’t need any money, trust me” we get into the man’s car and head to his place. When we reach his house my mouth opens in awe to see how big and beautiful his house… no not even, his mansion is. He opens the doors to his house and lets us in.

“Well my name is Kiseop and this is my home, I’ll show you where your rooms are” he says to us.

“My name is Eli, him over there that’s Kevin, this is Claire, and she won’t talk to us so we don’t know her name.” Eli points at all of us as he introduces us and Kiseop nods and smiles at all of us. His smile melts me inside from how magically beautiful it is, I feel Eli tug on my arm and I look over at him.

“Hum?” I say, Eli gives me a grin and pats my head.

“Where were you just now?” he teases me and my face burns bright red embraced that he noticed.

“So are you guys ready to go see your rooms?” says Kiseop to us while starting to head up the stairs. We nod at him and fallow him up the stairs; we are all in the same hall way across from each other except Kiseop his room is in the other upstairs floor.

“There is a bathroom inside all of your rooms, but there is also a bathroom in-between Eli’s and Kevin’s room just in case of anything” he says pointing at the door to where the bathroom is. Eli starts walking down the stairs and waves his hand at us, telling us to fallow him so we do.

“I’ll show you where the kitchen is so if you’re hungry you can come down here and get what you want” We fallow him to the kitchen and I admire his house, there are vases and flowers that adorn it beautifully in every corner, a water fall in between the stair cases that lead upstairs to the second floor. The living rooms couches are white leather and there is a huge fireplace that is on one wall with a large window that goes from one end of the wall to the other end on the other side of the wall over the large couch and in between the three of them there is a beautiful black glass center table with pine cones that smell like cinnamon adorning the middle. The floors are marble white and the windows are all large letting the warm sunlight into the house.

“This is the kitchen” Says Eli as we enter in behind him, the kitchen is huge and on the ceiling right in the middle is a window that lets the sunlight shine down into the room. The kitchen counters and the table top is made out of marble and the bottoms out of fancy carved out wood. Lights hang down from the ceiling on top of the table and the fridge is metal silver. The whole house is like a fairy tale.

“Are you guy’s hungry at all?” Asks Kiseop we all nod yes and he smiles resting his hands up on the table counter. “Well then, what would you guys say to making dinner?” we all look at each other and smile.

“Ok.” we all say to Kiseop, he tells us to grab what we want and to make what we know how to make and he would make something too.

          After were done cooking we all sit around the table and pass around plates and cups. Kevin made spaghetti, Eli made fry rice, the girl made egg rolls, Kiseop made steak, and I made a chocolate cake. Everyone eats silently until Kiseop breaks the silence.

“Well this is all very tasty.” he says eating a mouth full of rice. Everyone stays silent and Kiseop squirms a little in his chair feeling awkward.

“So how come you guys don’t have a house? Did you run away or something?” Eli, Kevin and I glace at each other.

“We would rather not talk about it right now or at least not tonight.” Kevin says pushing his plate away. “I’m going to go to my room and shower, it’s been a while.” He says grinning and getting up; he washes his tray pushes in his chair and then disappears out the door, his footsteps echoing in the big space of the house. A couple minutes later the girl leaves as well without saying a word, she washes her plate as well and pushes in her chair, Kiseop and I stare at each other in wonder.

“So why won’t she talk? Is she mute or something?” Asks Kiseop looking at me and Eli, I shrug since I also wonder why she won’t talk.

“No.” Says Eli smiling a little

 “Not at all, her parents and her little brother were killed right in front of her.” At hearing this I look down feeling bad for not understanding how she felt and trying to get her to speak to me when she was obviously not alright. I push in my chair and wash my plate then head up to my room. I walk past the girl’s room and see her sitting on the edge of the bed with Kevin she’s crying and Kevin’s arms are around her. Kevin looks up and sees me, he puts a finger to his lips to tell me to keep quiet, and so I do and head to my room. 

          My room has a king size bed that’s in between two large windows, the covers are white silk and the bed is adorned by multiple pillows, four large ones with threads of gold that layer the outside of it, and six small squared pillows with gold stripes. I sit on the bed and feel the bed covers; they are smooth and make me feel like I’m lying on the clouds I grab one of the pillows and press my face into it. On the foot of the bed there is a type of foot rest, next to the bed there is a night stand with a remote and a lamp. Hum why would there be remote if there is no TV? I think to myself and grab the remote I press a button and a whole opens from the ceiling lowering down a big flat TV.  Someone knocks at the door and I sit up pressing the same button that I pressed before and I watch as the TV goes back into where it came from.

“Come in” I say, the door opens and Kiseop enters the room smiling sweetly and holding something in his hands. 

“Hey there, I just thought I’d bring you an extra shirt so you can sleep in it, it’s nothing fancy just a plain white shirt.” He says handing me one of the shirts, I take the shirt from him and smile.

“Thank you” I say to him he turns around and heads back to the door but then stops and looks back at me.

“Oh tomorrow I’ll be taking all you shopping so you can have something nice to wear apart from your…um… baggy jeans and shirts.” he says “well I’ll go and go give these to Kevin and Eli.” He smiles and leaves the room closing the door behind him. The shirt is a size medium so I guess that these shirts are his, especially since there is no one else living in the house except for him. I get up from the bed and walk to the closet and open the doors, it’s huge but there are no clothes inside, the closet is completely empty along with some other wardrobes that adorn the bedroom. There are long see trough curtain that cover a slide door that leads you to a porch and in the middle of the room and closet there is a round glass table with fancy high chairs. Well I guess that I can go shower now that I have this clean shirt I think to myself and open a door in the room that leads to the bathroom. Inside the bathroom there is a big hot tub made out of black granite, a shower made out of glass that was big enough for two people, the sinks counter top was also made out of black granite while the rest was made out of delicate shiny wood, the toilet was shiny and also made out of black granite. A large window was on the end of the bathroom with wood curtains, and the floor and wall was made out of white marble. I put my hands to my mouth in awe and felt afraid to even touch anything, I walked to the shower and the hot water, and while the water ran I slid out of my dirty, sticky clothes.

          After I shower I grab a towel off of a towel rack and dry myself up before putting my shirt on. I look at myself in the mirror while I brush my hair with a hair brush I find inside one of the sinks cabinets I see my blue eyes, my brown hair, and my olive white smooth skin and think to myself What would it be like if there was someone else out there in this world that looked like me, had my same big round blue eyes, with my same brown hair, face texture and height? I put the brush back in the drawer and push it in; I dry my hair once more to make sure that it is completely dry and then slide my shirt on.

          I walk out of the bathroom and slide the door open and step out onto the porch and rest my elbows on the railings. I enjoy the way the wind feels on me while looking I look at the beautiful lights of buildings, there was nothing like this in the village I was from. I hear a door open my heart starts racing at the thought of it being Kiseop, I turn around and see Eli I blush and turn back towards the buildings.

“Are you ok? Were you expecting someone else?” asks Eli while he walks and stands next to me.

“Yeah I’m fine, why are you asking? And no! not at all!” I say to him he smiles a little and holds his hands together.

“I’m just making sure since you left so suddenly without saying anything.” the thought of him worrying about me sends a warm fuzzy feeling down my body, it makes me happy. I give Eli a hug and he hugs me back and kisses the top of my head.

“Thank you for always being there for me and worrying about me and protecting me.” I tell him and look up at him. He smiles at me and pokes my nose.

“Don’t be silly.” he says and stays quiet for a moment “It’s the least I can do.” we stand together in silence looking out at the buildings for a while.

“Well we should get some sleep, Kiseop wants to go shopping in the morning after breakfast.” says Eli as we walk into the room and he closes the outside door behind us.

“Ok.” I say to him smiling, Eli smiles and leaves the room closing the door behind him. I remove the pillows from the bed keeping only two on the bed on either side; I slide into bed under the bed covers and rest my head down on the pillow.