This Unrequited Love...

The Chaser

 

 

 

Myungsoo's POV

I was about to get inside the bus when someone hit me. Annoyed, I turned back and grabbed a shoe on the ground. I found no one.  Curious, I stared at the bag and that shoe. "Ya, I just lost my bestfriend slash lover today, oh? Why are you guys messing up with me?" I told those stuffs. It might be crazy, but atleast I was alone. 'Park Hayoung' was inscribed in the pink scarf inside the bag. "And that jerk who threw me this is a female, and she's called Hayoung. Tss." I hissed. 

Supposed to be, it was a thirty minute trip from Hongdae to Gangnam, but there was a traffic and the bus had to go, pause, go pause. Until finally, we were already 4 in the bus. A couple, and an ahjumma. Watching the couple made me feel like sht. It made me reminisce our memories. The first time Gina and I met, it was June, in our school garden. She's a good runner and she could even beat me at times. Her love for ice cream used to be so endless. We used to train for fencing, too. And swimming. And stargazing. Going out just the two of us and we just act like brothers and sisters, and we never cared about what people would think. We were just happy kids, having no care about things around us whenever we were together. And yes, we were together for six years, without even realizing how much I value her, and how much I've fallen for her already. 

"Ya, Kim Myungsoo. will you miss me?" 

"Why?"

"If I am to leave you, are you going to miss me?"

"Why? Are you going to leave?"

"ish! Just answer me."

"Of course not, there are lots of girls who are better than you."

"Are you going to stop me?"

"Of course not, if you want to go then go."

"Aigoo. Such a good bestfriend."

"Aish. If you don't want to see that side, never leave me, okay?"

I sighed as I realized I was spacing out and tears were about to fall from my eyes. "Ya, Gina. Do you think I'll still love you after leaving me? Okay............. I'll do that. Just give me one year, I may be able to forget about you, too. Just let me love you now. This unrequited love.. is really sad. And if you're going to leave me again next time, it's better if you just.. not show up your face here. Because I can't afford of losing you one more time. Arasso? Saranghae.. Annyeong." I said on the phone and sent the recorded message to Gina's phone. 

"Ya, Kim Myungsoo, what kind of girl do you want to marry?"

"uhhhhhh, someone who's completely different from you?"

"Wae?"

"Then do you think I'll marry a cute, short, childish and insane girl?"

"I accept it. But not the term short since I'm getting taller."

"Whatever you say...."

"Aren't you going to ask me, too?"

"What?"

"Aish.. Nevermind..."