Just Can't Let You Go

The Chaser

 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo's POV 

So we had 2 new workers for the bakery, but I don't even know why my mom welcomed those two brats. They don't know anything about working. One time, that ________ spilled an ice cream on a foreigner customer. If only she's not a girl I could've beat her up. The other girl, Park Hayoung. Her name sounded familiar, but I seriously don't know where or how did I know that name, by chance or by fate or what? 

The third day of the week. I told them that I'm going to extend their contract for another week since we still lack some workers. They didn't like it ofcourse, but I told them I'll give them an increase for that week. I don't know if they liked the idea, but I seriously don't care, it's in the contract, so.. 

I was about to go inside the shop when suddenly I saw _______ being scolded by an ahjussi. She was bowing her head continuously as I saw her lips move, like saying "Joesonghamnida." The other waiters were just bowing, too. Some continued on their work. I removed my wrist watch on my left hand and went inside. The whole room was really quiet, too quiet than I imagined. Only the voice of the old man was heard. "You are being too careless! How could you put some rasins in my cheese roll when I already required you not to?!!! This shop must close for irresponsible workers like you!!" 

"If you don't like it here, why don't you just go find other bakery, I'm very sure it will be for the happiness pf everyone. Now if you excuse, we're going to start working." I said and grab his shoulder so he could face me. He looked younger than he was a few minutes ago, but you can see the oldness in his eyes, also his gray hair. 

"Don't you know me, youngman?" The old guy asked.

"You're a customer. The customer is always right, but if you don't want to accept our apologies, it's better if you just leave." I told him straightly. "I can report you for woman abuse, though. I don't know why, but I recorded everything." I said while getting my phone from my pocket.

"No, it's okay, I..." _________ said.

"You stay out of here. You've done enough mess. I'll talk to you later." I refrained her from talking. I turned to the old man. "So, sir. We're really sorry for this incident, but if you don't like to settle down, we'll see you in the court."

"Don't you know me?" The old man asked. "Gina's father?"

My mouth fell in shock. "Ahhh, I'm sorry.. I.."

He laughed. "She wants to hear from you. She said that she enjoyed listening to your recorded message, though I don't know anything. I'm here to check you before I leave for Japan. She said not to contact her anymore. She's not going to reply. She also said not to miss her. I don't know when I'll be back, but one thing for sure is Gina won't go back to Seoul anymore. It's her mother's request. You know here, she can't say no to her mom. So long, nice meeting you. My daughter talked a lot about you, as a friend, and as her unrequited love. She has a taste. I can't blame her for wanting to stay by your side."

"Ah......"

"You'll be a good leader. Nice to meet you, Kim Myungsoo." He smiled, and left.