BE MINE

The Chaser

Myungsoo's POV

Today is Gina's birthday. Gina is a good friend. And a lover. We were friends for 2 years and only realized how much I like her last New Year's eve wherein she celebrated New Year at home with my family. Just a while ago, I visited her at her dorm before the party for her starts. Sungjong and I managed that party but I decided to go earlier. Just to make sure she wouldn't leave. On my hands was a long box wrapped with a pretty gift wrapper, 내꺼 하자 (Be Mine) inscribed on it. Right, I was going to confess. I had a soft smile while reading it then put it on my shoulder bag. I fixed the colar of my polo and sprayed some perfume and fixed my hair with a smile that says "You're-the-man-Myungsoo!" then grabbed my shoulder bag and went outside my room. My mother welcomed me with a smile. I went downstairs rapidly to bid my mom goodbye when she said, "Gina's flight is still in the afternoon. Where are you going by this time?"

"Flight?"

"Eh?"

"...."

"Just talk to her. I must have told you something I shouldn't."

I realized that there wouln't be any point asking my mom so I rushed to my mobil and drove all the way from Gangnam to Hongdae. It took me fifteen minutes when I arrived right infront of their dorm. I was about to knock when her roommate, Ga Eun greeted me and gave me a note. "Gina left, about five minutes ago." Then went inside. 

I read the note which said:

To Myungsoo:

Waaahh. I heard you made a surprise party for me. With Sungjong, I mean. Ga Eun told me. KK~ Don't blame her. She must've told me so I wouldn't leave. I told your mom that I'm leaving in the afternoon, well probably she might tell it to you. And you might just wait for afternoon to come. But my flight is today, please tell your mom I'm sorry for lying. Kkk~ I'm following Sundam oppa to Japan today. My mom is dying so I have to watch over her. My father will take a leave from work as well to fix my papers. I do not know when I'll come back. My dad said that there's a probability that I'll graduate college here. Huhuhu. Ya, don't cause too much trouble, okay? Aishh, it's been a while. Since I'm leaving, it's better that you'll know already. I like you. >///< Omomomo. Hahaha. I don't feel like explaining but probably I'll regret it if I won't be able to tell you atleast through this. That's all. I don't like to shed tears, too. Goodbye Myungsoo. Thank you for everything. :3

Love,
Gina

I had no emotion. I bet it was too late. There was no point of chasing after her, ask her to be mine, to be my girl. I wouldn't be able to stop her. To see her, atleast, before she goes, I didn't even think it's such a good idea. Memories, flashbacks, all mixed up in my mind as I drove my mobil from Hongdae street to Han River. Indeed, it's one of the most perfect places for times like this. My stomack turning upside down, my knees trembling, the glorious breakening of my heart. Gina left without knowing we felt mutual. Tears fell down from my eyes. I grabbed my gift for her and took a look at it. I stared at it the whole day, thinking about Gina, her smiles, our memories, such hatred from my eyes appeared as it falls with my tears. I came to my senses when it was already late, and my mom called. Due to too much cold, my mobil didn't work properly that's why I just locked it and walked into the dark, and reached the bus stop to Gangnam. In my hands, I was still holding my gift for Gina, when suddenly, a guy bumped into me and handed me a bag and ran rapidly away. A bus, then, arrived and as I was about to get inside, someone hit me.