Finally Free

No Matter What

Hello guys.  Haha!  It's only been...like a year.  Sorry that this is such a crappy update for those who have been loyally waiting, but it is joyous fluff (no angst).  So yes, I am writing again. No, I haven't given up on this story.  Please look forward to a better, longer update soon.  Thank you for having faith in me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    A month passed without problem, the media left Hyesung alone and Eric had managed to chalk up the shirtless incident with Hyesung to stress and fatigue playing tricks on his mind.  Although he would sometimes find himself staring at the main vocalist for no apparent reason, Eric always found an excuse.  Hyesung had made amazing progress with the wheelchair and was now able to maneuver almost anywhere in it.

    “So you’re getting out today?” Junjin inquired.  He was seated on a chair beside Hyesung’s hospital bed flipping through the morning newspaper.

    “Yup, I can finally go home,” Hyesung responded with excitement.  He had already changed into his civilian clothes and was impatiently waiting for Eric to sign him out and fill his prescriptions.

    “Aish!  This mikkulaji takes forever!” Hyesung shouted.  Junjin couldn’t contain his laughter but decided not to comment.  Hyesung glared at the younger man.

    “And what are you doing hanging out so freely?  Don’t you have work or something?”  Junjin folded up his newspaper and placed it on the side.

    “On the contrary my dear friend, I’m here to help Eric get a certain grumpy patient home,” Junjin responded.  He raised an eyebrow at his hyung, daring him to retaliate.  Hyesung grunted but didn’t respond.

    “Okay, we’re set to go,” Eric walked in soon after.  Hyesung immediately perked up and began scooting his way towards his wheelchair.  Junjin intercepted the vocalist and scooped him up easily into his arms.

    “Yah!” Hyesung screamed.  Junjin ignored the older male and instead placed him gently into the wheelchair.  He proceeded to take off the breaks and wheel Hyesung into the hallway.

    “Let’s go Eric!  Our princess is impatient!”  From the hospital room Eric perfectly heard the echoing slap that followed.  Eric suppressed a chuckle as he gathered Hyesung’s bag of clothes and medication and followed the pair into the hallway.

    At the entrance the Shinhwa members made sure to thank all the doctor’s and nurses that took care of Hyesung while he was there.

    “Now take care of yourself, Hyesung,” The singer’s main doctor patted him on his shoulder.  Hyesung smiled and bid his final goodbyes to the staff before Junjin began wheeling him towards the doors out of the hospital.  Once outside, Hyesung’s face burst into a wide grin.  He was finally free!  He could start living his life again and adjusting to his new situation.  The singer was basking in happiness and Eric couldn’t help the smile that formed on his lips.  He was truly happy for Hyesung.  The three men didn’t notice a small group of girls approaching them from behind until a voice called out to them.

    “Um, excuse me,” The members stopped and turned towards the voice.

    “Congratulations on your recovery Hyesung oppa!” They all yelled out and presented their gifts to the men.  Hyesung was startled for a second but quickly recovered.

    “Thank you guys so much, I couldn’t have done it without your support,” Hyesung responded to the fans with a smile.  Eric quickly collected the gifts.  The fans were very kind and insisted on letting Hyesung get on his way as soon as possible.  With a few more well wishes the Shinhwa members finally reached the car.

    “Whew, finally we can head out,” Eric opened the trunk and piled the bags and gifts he was carrying into it.  Junjin helped Hyesung into the front seat while Eric folded up his wheelchair and stashed it in the trunk as well.  Junjin hopped into the backseat as Eric sat down in the driver’s spot.

    “Let’s get some music rolling,” Junjin began fiddling with the radio controls.  Anyone could see how excited Junjin was now that his best friend was out of the hospital, his happy attitude was indeed infectious.  Soon the whole car was belting out to the latest tunes together.  On a particularly difficult high note, Hyesung’s voice cracked rather obnoxiously, which sent the male in the back seat into a fit of laughter.

    “I think you’ll need to practice some more before you start singing again, Hyesungie,” Eric teased.  Hyesung playfully slapped Eric’s arm as he continued grinning.  Nothing could dampen his mood today, nothing at all; or so he thought.

    “What is this?” Hyesung was shocked as they entered his apartment a few minutes later.

    “Ah, well we had to keep coming in and out to get you things…and sometimes we would all come together…we didn’t know where everything was,” Hyesung tuned out Junjin’s muttering as he wheeled himself further into his apartment.  To anybody else, the apartment looked fine albeit a bit haggard, but to Hyesung it was a disaster.  He was very meticulous especially with his belongings and home.

    “You two aren’t leaving until this place is cleaned up,” Hyesung growled at his two friends.

    For the next two hours, Eric and Junjin were subjugated to Hyesung’s orders.  Hyesung wheeled back and forth in his apartment barking demands at the two members and supervising the cleaning.  When things were finally set up according to Hyesung’s wishes, Eric and Junjin collapsed on the couch.  Hyesung slowly rolled over beside them as well.

    “Thanks guys,” He was genuinely grateful.  In the beginning he had been ordering them around due to his irritation over the mess they had made, but after a while it was out of necessity.  There was no way that Hyesung could do any of the cleaning in his state.  Although neither voiced it,  Eric and Junjin knew that Hyesung was asking for help in his own stubborn way.

    “Hah, time to sleep,” Eric flopped down.

    “I agree,” Junjin followed.

    “Yah!  At least go to your own apartments!” Hyesung yelled and tried to hit the two.  They both dodged and scooted further away.

    “What do you mean?  We’re staying here,” Eric replied, seemingly uninterested.

    “What?” Hyesung’s eyes widened.

    “You think we’d leave you alone in an apartment not yet modified to your needs?” Junjin questioned.  He tilted his head towards Hyesung and raised an eyebrow.  Hyesung sputtered, trying to decide how to respond.  Junjin gave him a knowing grin before yawning and closing his eyes.

    “It’s okay hyung, you’re welcome.”