Physical Therapy

No Matter What

 

Just a very short update to commemorte my 90th subscriber to this story.  Also, this is to let all my readers know that I am still working on this story, albeit hell of a lot slower than before.  It's hard to come up with ideas.  I know where I want this story to end up, but getting there has proven a challeng.  Anyway, please enjoy the short and slightly crappy read.  Oh, and if you have any suggestions for this story, please do comment.  I'd really appreciate it ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

              The doctor wheeled Hyesung down the long, white hallway towards the therapy room.  The singer’s heart pounded furiously against his chest as his anticipation built to its .  Eric followed silently behind the pair.  The leader had decided to stay and wait with Hyesung before the physical therapy started.  By the time the doctor had come back to the vocalist’s hospital room, Eric felt the need to be there to witness Hyesung’s first therapy session.  Eric fell behind the doctor and his friend as they continued down the hall.  Hyesung noticed his leader’s absence and looked back to try and locate his emotional support.  The older man glanced up and spotted the singer’s two beautiful, brown, almond eyes staring at him worriedly.  Eric’s heart skipped a beat and he jogged slightly to catch up.  He placed himself at Hyesung’s side and the younger man immediately felt relieved.  Hyesung shyly glanced at his leader’s swinging hand and contemplated taking it in his own.  After much thought, he hesitantly brought his own hand up to Eric’s.  Eric’s eyes widened as he felt delicate fingers brush against his knuckles.  He looked down at the invading hand as it slowly wrapped itself into his own.  Eric glanced at Hyesung’s face in shock.  The singer was avoiding eye contact and pretending to focus on the door at the end of the hall, but the leader knew better as he saw the younger man’s burning, red cheeks.  Eric suppressed a chuckle and tightened his grip on Hyesung’s hand in a show of reassurance.  After a few more seconds of tense silence, the doctor pushed Hyesung to a stop outside a light, wooden door.  The plaque on the wall read “Physical Therapy”.  They had arrived.

              “Are you ready?” The doctor looked down at the seated man.  Hyesung’s heart was throbbing in his chest and his throat suddenly felt very dry.  Without making eye contact, he squeezed Eric’s hand and swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat.  He hesitantly nodded and the doctor gripped the doorknob.

              The door was open to reveal a bright room filled with many different types of machinery.  On first glance, it resembled a gym, but upon closer inspection of the machines and objects within the room, it was obviously not a normal exercise area.  There were a few patients in the room doing there own therapy sessions.  Hyesung observed the area as a young nurse stopped in front of them.

              “Hello doctor,” She greeted the physician with a charming smile.  She turned towards Eric and nodded her head.

              “Eric Mun,” the leader held out his hand as he introduced himself.  She returned the shake and smiled widely.

              “Hello Eric-ssi,” she turned her attention to Hyesung.

              “Nice to meet you Hyesung-ssi,” she gripped the vocalist’s hand in a gentle shake.

              “My name is Eun Soo and I will be your physical therapist while you are here,” Hyesung smiled politely and nodded in acknowledgement.  The friendly, young nurse walked behind Hyesung and began pushing him into the room.  The doctor left to attend to his other patients so Eric was left to awkwardly follow behind the two.  Eun Soo turned around and paused as she observed the handsome leader.

              “Were you going to stay and watch today?” she asked kindly.  Eric looked flustered for a second, unsure of what to do.  Hyesung also turned around in his seat so that he was facing Eric.  The younger man wanted his leader here for emotional support.  He was scared to find out how little he was capable of on his own.  Eric glanced down at Hyesung’s pleading face and then nodded at the nurse.  Eun Soo directed Eric towards the side of the room where a few chairs were situated for visitors.  Hyesung watched the older man’s retreating back.  Hyesung really appreciated how much time Eric was putting into him.  He had always known that the leader cared very much for each member of the group, but seeing how diligent Eric was with this whole ordeal made him extremely grateful.

              Eun Soo returned her attention to the vocalist and he tensed under the gaze.  This was it, he was going to finally start his recovery.  Hyesung was excited and scared at the same time.  Emotions were whirling around inside his head, but they didn’t distract him from what he had to do.  He was still determined as ever to get back to the fans.  Over the long period of waiting for his therapy to start, Shin Hyesung had much time to contemplate.  He had come to terms with the fact that he may not ever walk again.  It was still painful to think about it, but Hyesung had accepted the possibility.

              “Okay Hyesung-ssi, we’re going to start of with some simple strength training exercises,”

              Hyesung was put on various machines that helped strengthen his upper body.  The session felt more like his hellish workouts with Minwoo rather than physical therapy.  When the singer had questioned the necessity of the exercises, Eun Soo had graciously explained that maneuvering in a wheelchair required a lot of upper body strength.  They were going to be strengthening his arms for a week before they began teaching him how to use his wheelchair.

              By the time Hyesung returned to his room after, he was exhausted.  Working out had never been one of his favorite activities, especially weight training.  Eric had volunteered to Hyesung alone, but the leader didn’t consider that he alone would have to help the younger man back into his bed a well.  Eric fiddled with the wheelchair’s breaks to stall the time.  Okay, so despite knowing Hyesung for almost fifteen years, he wasn’t often put into situations like this.  And knowing how Hyesung shied away from physical contact initiated by the leader, he was a bit at a loss.  Eric spared a glance at Hyesung and immediately felt guilty for hesitating.  The fatigue was written all over his friend’s face.  needed his help and he was being bashful.  How foolish.

              Eric threw one of Hyesung’s arms over his shoulder and gripped the slim man’s hip and legs.  Hyesung had lost a lot of weight while preparing for the group’s comeback so he was pretty easy to carry.

              Once settled in his bed, Hyesung shut his eyes and almost immediately nodded off.  Eric released a sigh as he realized that Hyesung needed a bath after his intense work out session, but seeing the sleeping form in front of him, he knew that wouldn’t be possible for a while.  Eric made his way to the adjoined bathroom and grabbed a damp towel.  Wiping the sweat off would be better than nothing.  Slowly Eric began to clean the exhausted vocalist.  His hands trailed down to the hem of Hyesung’s shirt where he paused.  If Hyesung found out, he would definitely kill the leader.  Ignoring the thought, he gently pulled up the piece clothing to reveal the younger man’s flat belly.  Eric began wiping Hyesung’s body, starting from his stomach and up to his chest.  After he was done, Eric pulled up the sheets on the singer and glanced at his face to make sure that he was still sleeping.  Eric remembered the expanse of milky white skin that was revealed underneath Hyesung’s shirt and blushed.  The room suddenly felt five degrees hotter as he analyzed every inch of Hyesung’s upper body in his head.  The memory was burned into his mind and stuck on replay.  Why did he feel so bothered by seeing another man ?  Eric quickly dismissed the thought and played it off as a rarity.  Hyesung had always been pretty and seeing him was like asking to be struck by lightning twice.  Eric just wasn’t used to it.  That had to be the reason.  Right?