Chapter Forty-two- Going Our Separate Ways

We're Different But the Same

The best friends spent the next couple of days together as Minzy recuperated. Each night the girls would invite their boyfriends over for dinner. They all would laugh and talk about what had happened and how lucky they were to be boyfriend and girlfriend with each other.

“I’m almost done with the sauce,” CL called over her shoulder as she stood stirring the spaghetti sauce on the stove.

Dara dusted herself off, “I just finished preparing the salad!”

“Alright, I’ll put the noddles and garlic bread onto separate plates,” Minzy said walking to the cupboard.

Bom smiled, “I’ll set up the dinner table then!”

The food was finished being prepared when the doorbell rang. “They’re here,” CL said excitedly.

The other girls giggled as they watched CL try to do last minute touch ups. “I’ll get it,” Minzy said as she walked to the door.

“We brought the drinks,” Bi Rain said with a big smile on his face.

Minzy smiled, “Well thank you, come in!”

All the guys pushed through the door as they ran to the table. The best friends laughed as they watched all the guys fight over their seats. After dinner, everyone took their drinks to the living room and sat around talking.

“I’m getting the hang of this,” Show Luo said smiling at everyone.

CL nestled her head onto Show Luo’s shoulder and smiled up at him, “So am I.” Everyone sat staring because they still were getting used to seeing CL’s soft and cute side.

Dara shook her head, “I’m still trying to get used to you like that CL!”

“I know huh,” Daesung said agreeing to Dara. Everyone laughed at Dara’s obvious comment.

Minzy then looked to Daesung, “It’s not as weird as seeing you and Dara together!” Everyone laughed as Minzy shook her head trying to act like she was grossed out. After everyone had calmed down Minzy continued to say “I wish life could be like this forever! I love spending time with all of you. Especially a certain someone,” Minzy then looked to Minho and winked.

Minho laughed, “So true,” as he winked back.

“I know huh…” Bi Rain said as his smile faded away.

Bom noticed and she rubbed his arm, “What’s wrong Bi Rain?”

Bi Rain sighed and said, “I’m just getting to know you all, but I have to go back!” He then looked to Bom with sad eyes, “I have to got back to prepare for our championship game Bom! I’m really sorry.”

Bom gave him a half smile, “What are you sorry for? You coming all the way over here is more than I could ever ask for. You should go!”

Bi Rain looked down with disappointment in his eyes, “So you want me to go?”

“No,” CL said cutting in. “It’s not like that,” CL offered.

“Yeah, in fact…” Dara started to say and then looked to Bom and said, “She’ll be going with you!”

Bi Rain’s head shot up and he said, “Wait WHAT?!”

Minzy nodded her head, “Yeah, she’ll be going back with ya! I don’t need her here anymore!”

Bom couldn’t believe what she was hearing, “Hold on,” She then looked at her best friends, “Can I talk to you guys for a sec!” Bom then got up walking to Minzy’s room for everyone to follow. All the girls walked into the room and Bom closed the door. She spun around and looked at everyone, “What do you guys mean by that? I have to stay here by Minzy’s side!”

Minzy got up and put her arm around Bom, “Bom, I’m fine now. You can go back to your life now.”

Bom’s eyes started to water, “What, you guys don’t want me here anymore?”

CL was on Bom’s other side then walked to Bom’s other side as she wrapped her arm around Bom, “No Bom it’s not like that!”

“Yeah, I meant that I want you to be happy and I know that you’re happy with Bi Rain. So you should go,” Minzy said trying to explain.

Bom shook her head, “But…but what if something else happens to you or to any of you?!”

Dara walked up to face Bom and picked up her hands, “Bom don’t think like that! We have our men to protect us now remember. Why do you think we’re letting you go back? Because we trust Bi Rain to take care of you!”

CL added on, “Yes, I actually approve to all of your boyfriends!” CL then paused when she looked to Minzy, “Well…yours I had to work on!”

All the girls giggled and Bom started to cry. “I hate being so far away from you guys,” Bom said.

Dara embraced Bom, “So do I Bom more than you know,” Dara then started to cry along with Bom.

Minzy then embraced the hugging Dara and Bom, “Don’t think of it that way! If you need me I’m only a call away and I will find my way to you! No matter what, I’ll find what ever way to get back to you guys whenever you need me. Just like you guys were there for me,” Minzy said as she cried along with them.

CL couldn’t fight the tears any longer and hugged the , “I love you girls so much!”

The girls stood crying and embracing each other when Dara said, “I guess I have to pack another one of my ghosts into your luggage again, because I think you might have scared the other one away!”

They all laughed as they hugged each other tighter. When they finally released Minzy wiped at her cheeks and looked to at all of her best friends, “You all can go! Like Dara said I have my man to take care of me!”

 They all giggled and nodded their heads in agreement as they walked back to the living room.“What happened in there,” Daesung asked as each girl sat back down cuddling next to their boyfriends.

“Whatever it was, I liked it because my girl wants to be close to me,” Show Luo said with a smile on his face. Everyone laughed and all the guys nodded their head in agreement.

 

That weekend everyone prepared to go their separate ways. Everyone drove to the airport to see Bi Rain, Bom, CL and Show Luo off. CL and Show Luo hugged everyone as they were preparing to leave first. Show Luo walked into the airport with CL, but then CL came running out. “What’s wrong CL,” Dara asked.

“I forgot,” CL said.

“What did you forget,” Minzy asked.

CL signaled for Dara, Minzy and Bom to come closer and whispered, “Come closer!”

The girls all crowded around CL , “What?!”

CL looked at all of them, “I forgot to say…don’t forget to call me if any of you get purposed to!”

Dara, Bom, and Minzy bursted into laughter as CL stood there serious.

“What,” Bom asked.

The three girls calmed down when they noticed that CL wasn’t kidding. CL put her hands to her hips, “From the look of everything, one of us is bond to get purposed to!”

Minzy let out a soft laugh, “Alright mom, stop scaring us to death. But if it does happen don’t worry I’ll let you know!”

Dara and Bom also agreed and CL cheered with joy, “Ooo…it’s all a matter of time now!”

Dara shook her head, “I don’t even know you anymore!”

Bom and Minzy laughed and CL rolled her eyes. CL then gave all of them another hug before running into the airport.

“What did CL want,” Minho asked.

Minzy looked back at Minho smiling, “She’s just checking up on her children!”

Everyone laughed and talked as they waited for Bi Rain and Bom’s flight out. “Where’s Top,” Daesung said in realization that he wasn’t there.

“Oh, I convinced my daddy that I could take care of myself. Well…with the help of Bi Rain that is,” Bom said smiling back at Bi Rain.

“Your dad approves of him,” Dara asked.

“Yeah, he likes him a lot,” Bom said proudly.

Bi Rain smiled and just nodded his head. Minutes later it was time for Bi Rain and Bom to leave. Everyone was surprised that Bom didn’t shed one tear. She was all smiles as she hugged and said her goodbyes.“Look at you Bom, you didn’t even cry,” Minzy said smiling at Bom.

“Yeah, I guess she really won’t be needing that ghost to go with her,” Dara said.

Minzy and Bom laughed, meanwhile the guys looked at each other confused at Dara’s statement. After Bi Rain and Bom left everyone that was left walked back to the cars. “Well, I guess this is where we part ways cousin,” Daesung said to Minzy. Minzy gave Daesung a hard look, “I’ll beat the crap out of you if you hurt Dara you hear me!”

“Ouch where’s the love Minzy,” Minho asked teasingly.

“I know, huh,” Dara said to Minho. She then looked to Minzy, “Thanks Minzy, but I don’t think he’ll do that to me.”

“Better not,” Minzy said giving Dae Sung a scolding look.

Daesung forced a smile, “Don’t worry I won’t, I promise!”

Minzy and Minho stood waving to Dara and Daesung as the two raced back to Busan. Minzy and Minho laughed getting into the car seeing Dara and Daesung acting like street racers. “Wow, these past two weeks have been crazy,” Minho said.

Minzy smiled and reached for one of his hands and squeezed it, “I know, and you survived it!”

 

Later on that week Bom, CL, Dara, and Minzy received a text message at the same time. They all read over the text message and wondered what it meant. They all stared out in space wondering…“

What,” CL said.

“Huh,” Dara said.

“Hmm…” Minzy said.

“Okay…” Bom said.

Curiousity got the best of them and they all called their boyfriends, “What’s going on?!”

 

Author's Notes:

Wow this has taken me forever and a day, but guess what the next chapter is...it's the last one! YAY!!! Hope you like it! <3