Chapter Eight- Confessions

We're Different But the Same

Bom's POV

Weeks went by of Bom avoiding Top. Every morning she would leave at different times and she would park far away from him. She was too ashamed to face him now that he knew her true feelings towards him. But she found comfort in keeping herself busy with work and lunch meetings with Bi Rain.

Bom was coming out of her last class of the day when she saw Top standing against her car. Bom was scared and didn’t know what to do. Oh no! I don’t know how to face him. Bom pretended like she was calm and walked over to the car ignoring Top.

“Hey, long time no see,” Top said.

Bom ignored what he said and tried to get in the car before she could embarrass herself. But Top stepped in front of the driver side and demanded for her to look at him.

“Alright I tried to give you time, but I don’t think this can go on any longer. We need to talk,” Top said pulling her away from her car.

Bom tried to loosen herself from his grasp, “LET GO OF ME,” she shouted.

But Top wasn’t listening. He dragged her to a bench and sat her down, “There that’s better. Now let’s talk.”

Bom looked away from him feeling like she was being treated like a child. “I have nothing to say to you, so I’ll just be on my way,” she said trying to get up from the bench.

Top sat her back down and said, “Bom don’t act like this! We are grown adults now, can you act like one,” he shouted at her in frustration.

Bom crossed her arms and sat down spitting back at Top saying, “Well then treat me like one then! Who are you to force me to talk to you!”

Top didn’t want to make things worse than they were, “Okay, okay you’re right. I apologize, but we really do need to talk.” Bom nodded and sat quietly. “Me and you have been really good friends for a while now and I intend to keep it that way,” Top said thinking back to when they last talked. “Well, to be honest I was really shocked at what you said to me after the game. At first I thought it was because you didn’t really like that girl. But then…”Bom didn’t want to hear what came next and she covered her ears.

Top gently moved her hands from her ears and held them in his hands saying, “But then… you talked about dating and I didn’t know what to say.” Bom started to cry and looked away from him while he held her hands saying, “Bom I didn’t know that’s how you felt.” He cleared his throat and said softly, “I’m grateful that a such beautiful girl like you likes me, but I love you as a best friend and nothing more.”

Bom couldn’t take it anymore and she got up and tried to leave, “Please Top, not now okay.”

Top let her go, “Okay, I understand. But don’t leave me in the dark as long as you did last time.”

Bom ran to her car and sped home. When she got home she blasted her radio in the bathroom and took a shower. She cried her eyes out and sat in the shower trying to pull herself together. After she got out the shower her phone went off and it was work. It was mandatory that everyone had to be there because someone important was coming to the restaurant. Work seems to always have great timing, Bom sarcastically thought. She decided to take a quick nap before she left. She slept sobbing as she replayed what went down with Top.

 

Bom pulled into work and promised herself to act like nothing was wrong. She looked at her watch and she was late! She rushed into the back and it was like a mad house. Everyone was running around and panicking.

Bi Rain saw her and yelled at her, “Well look who finally decided to show up to work! Get over here and help me serve up these plates, the governor should be here any second now.”

Bom was surprised at who was coming to their restaurant. “Okay,” she said as she ran over to Bi Rain.

Bom was working as fast as she could, but she couldn’t keep up with Bi Rain. Bi Rain was frustrated at Bom, “Go away! Go do something else damn it,” he shouted to her.

Bom was upset, but knew he was saying it because he was under a lot of pressure, “Alright.”

Bom backed away and accidently hit the prepared food to the ground. At the sound of the plates crashing to the floor Bom jumped and everyone in the kitchen stopped working.

Bi Rain turned around and saw what had happened, “What the… Bom what are you doing!”Bom just stood there not know what to do.Bi Rain scratched his head and said, “Are you stupid or something?! Clean this mess up!” He turned around mumbling, “Acting like your mom didn’t teach you or something!”

Bom over heard what he said and shouted, “HEY! WHAT DID YOU SAY?!”

Bi Rain stopped and turned to her and said loud and clear, “You act like YOUR MOM DIDN’T TEACH YOU!”

Bom couldn’t believe what he said. She walked up to him and slapped him across his face! She spat right back at him saying, “Yeah you're right! How can my mom teach me when she’s DEAD!”

Everyone including Bi Rain was shocked at what Bom had just said. She then stormed out the kitchen and ran to the back of the restaurant. Bom cried to herself and couldn’t believe that she had just told everyone about her mother. Bom’s most sensitive subject was her mother. At that moment she really missed her mom and wished she was there to comfort her. She cried and cried, but then she stopped when she heard someone come out of the restaurant.

“Bom? Bom? Are you out here,” called Bi Rain. Bom didn’t answer, but Bi Rain saw her sitting down on the ground and walked over. He looked at her and sat down beside her. Bom the scooted over a little to space herself from him.“Bom… I didn’t mean to say what I did in there,” he said softly. “I didn’t know that your… umm, I’m sorry!”

“I’m fine. I just need some time to myself, please leave me alone,” Bom said hoping that he would do what she asked.

“No you’re not fine and no I’m not going to leave you out here by yourself. What if there’s some weirdoes out here and they did something to ya?! I would die of guilt,” Bi Rain said with a frown. “I’m going to sit out here with you until you are ready to go in.” He then said, “And I’m also sorry I’ve been misjudging you as a spoiled brat! It’s just… you have all the money in the world and you complain about the smallest things.” He looked to Bom seriously, “Bom not all of us was blessed with such great fortune. I on the other hand work two jobs and go to school to help support my family.”

Bom was amazed at his confession, “What?! You have kids or something?”

Bi Rain laughed and said, “No, no it’s not like that! I meant I have to help my parents and my siblings out. I come from a really poor family. I was more envious of you. Every time I looked at you I thought that you were a beauty that had no worries or pains like I did. It made me angry looking at you living such a carefree life and I couldn’t!” Bom nodded and was grateful that Bi Rain was opening up to her. Bi Rain then quietly said, “And I couldn’t bare the fact that me and you would never work!”

Bom was shocked, “Umm… what do you mean by that?”

Bi Rain looked away embarrassed, “Umm…it’s umm… Well… that I won’t ever be able to give you the life that you are used to,” he mumbled quietly. Bi Rain quickly got up and tried to walk back to work, but she grabbed his arm and spun him around.

“Really?! You… you, really felt like that,” Bom asked.

Bi Rain nodded and felt helpless. Bom couldn’t believe that the tables had turned. So this is what it feels like when someone confesses to you! Bom then grabbed his hands and said, “Bi Rain, I’m glad you told me how you truly felt. I almost thought you hated me,” they both laughed. Bom then looked deep into Bi Rain’s eyes saying, “Maybe we should start over?” Bom released his hands and extended her hand to him saying, “Hi my name is Bom and I’m not a stuck up rich girl people think that I am.”

Bi Rain laughed and accepted her hand saying, “And I’m Bi Rain. I may be a poor boy, but I’m pretty hot stuff.” Bi Rain started to flex and act like he was modeling.They both laughed and Bi Rain said, “Since we're starting over, I would like to get to know you better.” He then cornered her against the wall and said with a husky low voice, “And I would like you to get to know me better,” he gave her a mischievous smile.

Bom became nervous and maneuvered herself out of his trap, “Umm sure, that sounds good,” and quickly walked back to the restaurant leaving him laughing to himself. What was that? OMG I almost gave in just then. Bom brushed it off and distracted herself with her work. She couldn’t grasp the fact that Bi Rain was such a flirt and he actually had feelings for her.