#SooMin - Savior

~EXOSHIDAE ONE-SHOT DaiLy COLLECTION~

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

            I sat down as I fixed my gaze towards the playing kids across the glass window. They looked happy, load-free, and independent –something I craved a lot these past few months. I smiled bitterly to the reality I have to deal, as my eyes went blurry all of sudden. I immediately wiped my tears away with the back of my palms. I couldn’t cry, I supposed not to, I can’t let others know the pain I held inside. Simply, because I didn’t want to became such a burden to my family and friends, though I know it won’t be easy, to keep it to myself for such a long time.

            My name is Choi Sooyoung, well-known as a chief editor in a famous woman magazine. I had a model-like figure, as people often mistaken me as one. Well, despite of being tall, I lacked of model’s traits in my opinion. I’m a huge eater, I’m a bit tomboyish, I’m not even good at pose and lastly, I’m not interested to become one. I was quite satisfied with my own life, good path of career, supportive family and friends, and that one guy I loves with all of my heart. He was a good man, he was there when I needed someone to talk to, beside my bestfriend, he always supported me, and the best part is he LOVES me.

            Well, true enough then. He loves me. He might not be the greatest man alive but I love him and he does as well. He even swore he will protect me and love me until his last breath. I couldn’t help but sunk down to the ground with my love I had for him.

            But everything changed.

It started six months ago, when we were just come back from our first anniversary. He drove me home, and we began to chat and laughed like we used to. He gave me a beautiful necklace and put on my neck. Everything was perfect, I even stated that he might be the best man, God had sent to me. But it wasn’t that long, until he found something –something’s that drove him mad at me. He saw another man’s shirt on my laundry –it belongs to my childhood bestfriend, Xiumin as he lent me his shirt when I unintentionally spill my blouse. He was so mad at me, and began to threw such a words to me, of I’m being cheap and all. He accused me for being cheat and slept with one of my colleagues at works. At first it was only words, but then when his rage exploded, he HITS me for the first time in my lifetime. I remember I sunk down as I felt another fist across my arms. But it wasn’t the end, he kicked me –he kept accusing me and torture with his anger.

He left me helpless and wounded –be it my physical or my feeling. I cried myself to sleep at that time, hope it was just a nightmare, and will be gone when I woke up. But it wasn’t a dream. It was real –everything, the pain and all. The next morning, he came to me, saying sorry, and cried –yes, he cried too. He said it was just a momentary anger and that he just tired and couldn’t think clearer. I believed him as I finally forgave him.

But ever since that incident, he changed into someone I barely know. He began to show his real side of being temperamental and physical. Everytime I made mistake, he will rewarded me with a hitting on my body. I couldn’t even count how many times he did that to me –though, in the end he will always apologize to me AND I always forgave him. It was like an evil circle, I’m being beaten and he will say sorry afterward.

I slowly stirred my favorite beverage –caramel macchiato, as I took a peek on my wrist watch. It was almost twenty minutes I waited, but his figure was nothing to be found. That baozi guy! How many times do I need to tell him to be on time?

“ Soo! Gosh, thank God, you’re still here… I’m afraid that you will be gone when I’m here…” There he was, rushed his steps to my direction. I gave him a death glare, he knows what it means.

He sat down before me after catch up his breath. “ Mianhe, Soo… There’s a traffic, you know Seoul right? “ He winked before grabbing my coffee.

“ Yah! How dare you, Kim Min Seok! “ I pretended to be mad at him. He was just grinning like a child, and ordered another one for me.

He turned his eyes on me again this time. I saw his brows furrowed a minute or so after observed me.

“ What? “ I said in confusion.

“ What is that on your lips? Looks like a wound, may I see it? “ He asked in such a worry tune. The sense finally back to me, as I tried to hide it from him. I gave him a reassuring smile before replied back.

“ Anniyo, It’s just my new lipstick, you know how bad your friend is when putting on some makeup, right? I don’t know why, the lipstick is kinda scraggly…” I lied. He didn’t even seem satisfied with my answer though.

“ Hey! What’s with your new project? I heard it was such a hit…” I diverted the topic, hoping he will finally forget with his intention to ask for more. He was always being stubborn –as a friend for almost twenty years already, I knows him so well.

And I did. He put down his frown face, and began to smile like usual. “ Yes, Soo! Can you believe it, the president approved my design! “

I gave him the brightest smile I had.

“ Congratulation my brother! I knew you can do it… Now, treat me lunch please, my tummy need to be feed…”

I saw his facial expression changed. Like something’s just happened, it was only for a moment, though before he wore his usual happy face.

“ Fine. But first, you have to accompany me find a present for my mother’s birthday, arasso? “

I slapped my forehead. “ Oh, right, I almost forgot. Your mom’s birthday is a just a day before Changmin’s birthday. Fine then, I’ll accompany you, I need to find a present for him too…” I said before dragging himself along with me.

 

 

XiuMin’s POV

 

            The moment I saw her, my heart pumped faster than its usual rate. Gosh, she looks like a goddess –even better though. She wore her office attire, a pair of black suit that matches perfectly on her slim and tall figure. She was perfect, a combination of beauty and independence. I will always be her admirer, though I know her heart belongs to somebody else. Well, this is such a risk of being in love with your bestfriend.

            I’ve known her for twenty years ago –her mother and my mother were a long lost childhood friend. When I was just five years old, I saw her for the first time playing with my toys in my room. I was being mean to her, and she ended up crying. I chuckled when I remember all those stupid things I did to her in the past.

            As time goes by, I became bestfriend with her. We spent time together for almost everyday, I even knew her first crush, who’s now becoming her boyfriend –Shim Changmin.

            Well, they were so match with each other –people says so. But I didn’t find it that way, blame it on my jealousy but I think she can find a better one than the baddass like him. Nevertheless, she still loves him a lot, and when I found out about her relationship I felt HURT. It was like a knife on your chest, but you’re unable to do a thing to endure the pain. I tried to date another girl, but it always failed. My attention towards her will never change, even though I know I had no chance. At least, seeing her beautiful face for a day is more than enough for me. I will always be her admirer – a secret admirer to be exact.

            “ What is that on your lips? Looks like a wound, may I see it? “ Something caught my attention. I saw a wound on the edge of her bottom lip.

            She touched the corner of her bottom lip, and began to rub it softly. Her facial expression changed the moment I mentioned about it. But she smile nevertheless.

            “ Anniyo, it’s just my new lipstick, you know how bad your friend is when putting on some makeup. I don’t know why, the lipstick is kinda scraggly…” She tried to manipulate me with her words. One thing she missed, I’m a good observant. She couldn’t easily fool me.

            She then diverted another topic to prevent me for asking more information. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a makeup, it was a wound. But how did she have those wound? She wasn’t a clumsy one, and based on its position it couldn’t be a result of slip. She must be lying. It was the third time I saw something’s unusual with her. The first time is when I saw her bluish skin on her arms a month ago. She denied it and saying that it was just an accident. The second one was when I watch her walking in pain and when I asked her about it, she said that she just fell on bathroom that caused her legs to sprain.

            I know it wasn’t the truth. I know there’s something she tried to hide from me and I will found out. Just wait, Choi Sooyoung, you might fool and manipulate the others but it won’t do the trick on me.

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

            I never once a fan of romantic drama, but this time I’m going to give a try. I watched the main actor set a private birthday party for her husband. I chuckled, as my mind began to process the information. Why don’t I make one for my boyfriend birthday? It will be great for the progress of my relationship and beside he might feel special on his day. I smiled as I began to prepare for his private birthday party, I made his favorite meals, -though I’m not even sure about its taste. I grabbed my best dress, a black one shoulder dress that fitted perfectly on my figure, as I watched myself through the mirror on my room.

            I called him a few hours ago, and now I’m here waiting for him to come. He must have been wondering a lot, since today I didn’t even say a thing for his birthday. I did it intentionally, so that this private party will turned out surprising. I smiled to myself, daydreaming about my future if I’m going to start a family with him. He would be the father of my children, and we will be the happiest family.

I snapped my mind back to its sense, as I heard a doorbell ring. It must been him. I headed into the front door, and opened it with a best smile I’ve kept for days. It was really him, wore his office attire –I guess he just came back from his usual meeting. Nevertheless, he still looks good and handsome as usual. But instead of kissing my cheeks, he looks cold, and just rushed inside, leaving me and my confusion state. I was hoping he wasn’t on his bad mood, or else things will turn out ugly like the last previous time.

            I managed to shrug off my worry, and smiled. You have to keep that positive thinking, Soo!

            “ U-Um… Well, I-…”

            “ What’s this? “ He asked while looking at my masterpiece. The cake, meals, and birthday decoration, he might be carried away with it.

            I smiled, and took a small step forward, to lessen the distance between us.

            “ HAPPY BIRTHDAY, honey! “ I gladly presented it for him.

            He didn’t seem to amuse with it, though. I could feel his stares torn my soul –I know this isn’t a good sign. He came to my direction with his cold face he had been shown for the past six months.

            “ Changmin-ah what happen? You okay? “

            “ Stop it, Soo! I don’t want to hear anything from your filthy mouth! “

            I took a step back each time he moved closer. God, why did I have to experience things like this? I’m scared. I’m scared, somebody please help me.

            He was now standing before me, with that anger glare on his eyes.

            ‘Plak’

            The slapping sound echoed on the empty room. He did it again. I tried to calm down this time though, as I bravely facing him eyes to eyes. I could sense my tears began to roll down on my cheeks without my permission.

            “ What again this time? “ I asked, as he threw another slap onto my right cheek. It burned but I’m able to endure the pain as I got used to it.

            “ ! HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO TELL YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM HIM? “ He grabbed the dished with his hands and threw it to the ground. I gasped, while covering my mouth with my palms.

            “ HE’S MY BESTFRIEND, CHANGMIN! I- “ I grimaced in pain as he pulled my hair harshly. He wasn’t that gentle guy I once fell in love with. He was a beast –the evil one.

            “ SAY IT AGAIN, ! YOU DARE TO TALK BACK TO ME? HUH?” He pulled harder. I cried, both my heart and my physical were hurt.

            I saw a fist flew down to my jaws. I closed my eyes, as I tried my best to deal with the pain. I swore there must be blood on my lips. He wasn’t sober. He was losing his right state of mind.

            “ CHANGMIN! STOP! “ I croaked. My hair messed up, my body ache –I couldn’t even move my muscle as he gave me another punch. I fell down to the ground.

            “ YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO OBEY ME! “

            I couldn’t even feel anything when he kicked me on my ribs. My vision went blurry. Before I finally close my eyes, I saw a man on the doorstep.

 

 

XiuMin’s POV

 

            I just drove back from my office when I saw a small pastry shop on the roadside. I decided to stop and buy something for me and for my crush –well, bestfriend. I knew she still that shiksin, she must be love it when I brought her favorite cake. I handed the cashier the money as she returned me two boxes of red velvet cakes. I smiled as I headed back to my car, and with that, I directed to her apartment.

            It was 9 PM already, when I’m arrived. I walked to the elevator, and press the number of her floor. Not much people here, there was just one two or so. I whistled my way as I’m getting nearer to her apartment. She lived there since three years ago, when she accepted into Elle Korean as an employee. It wasn’t that long until she reached her position now as a chief editor. I always know she’s talented and hard worker person.

            I rang the doorbell, but there wasn’t any reply. I tried again this time, still there’s no sign. I’ve got impatient as I tried to stir the knob with my hand –I’m pretty sure she was inside. Luckily, the door was unlocked. I went inside only to find the empty living room. I placed the cakes on the table, as my feet dragged me into the dining room. I COULDN’T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST SAW. MY MIND MUST BE PLAYING TRICK ON ME.

            She was fall down. Her hair messed up and covered her whole face. I’m pretty sure she tried to endure the pain, as she tried to struggle but ended up failed. The room was filled with scattered glass and food. God, what the hell is happening here?

            “ SOOYOUNG! “ I shouted at the top of my lungs, when I saw him kicked her on her ribs. HE WAS HITTING HER LIKE A WILD BEAST!

            “ STAY AWAY FROM HERE YOU! “ I pushed him to the ground, and began to gave him a punch in face. I’M NOT WILLING TO SEE HIM HITTING HER.

            We’re fighting like there’s no end. I hit him like crazy as my mind went blurry. Seeing him hurting her, make me want to break his neck so bad. What kind of monster that she had to deal all this time? God! If only I didn’t come here, what will he do to Sooyoung? I swore I’ll make him regret to hurt her.

            It wasn’t an easy one, though. Perhaps it was due to my busy schedule so that I didn’t manage to catch another lesson on martial arts. I’m lost for a couple times –resulted an injured jaw and bleeding nose. I won’t be lost. I need to protect her –that’s my promise.

            “ WHAT DID YOU DO ALL THIS TIME, YOU BASTARD! “

            He didn’t seem to budge, due to the amount of wounds I caused. He was beaten up already –his eyes half closed. Blood were dripping from his temple.

            I stopped to catch my breath. My boiling rage inside exploded, I couldn’t think clearer, I just want to protect her. I thought he was such a lucky guy, he got Sooyoung loves him but he gave her nothing but pain in return. I was really mad. I wanted to make him dying slowly for making Sooyoung cry.

            I rushed towards her. I shook her body, please, God make her alright. I couldn’t bear to see her hurt and miserable like this.

            She slowly opened her eyes. THANK GOD SHE’S ALRIGHT!

            I embraced her. “ Thanks Soo. You’re okay? “ I beamed. I knew she wasn’t okay.

            She was safe now on my arms. The place where she belongs, I hugged her tight, not wanting any space between me and her. She cried again, it must be her heart this time round. I caressed her hair, as I tucked the strand of her hair behind her ears. She had been tortured all this time, she through the hardest past of her life alone without me.

            I wasn’t aware when that bastard suddenly got up and grabbed a chair with his hand. I felt my bones broke into pieces –I saved her at last. She was no longer on my embrace. I fell head first, my vision went blank for a moment, until I heard him shrieking in pain. I struggled to stand at least to let my eyes know what had just happened.

            There I saw her eyes widen in horror. She dropped the knife to the floor, as I saw him covered in blood and screaming in pain while held his stomach. I watched her crying again, as she sat down, shocked and panic.

            I go to all length to get up from my position and made my way into her. Her body trembled and shivered, she burst into tears as I locked her body with mines. We both watched him dying.

            “ It’s okay, Soo… It was over! “ With that I kissed the top of her head. I held her even tighter as she cried herself out.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------

A/N : Finally! Another one-shot for all those Sooyoung-Xiumin shipper out there. I hope you satisfied with our work as I enjoyed myself a lot when I made this. It’s a bit creepy but oh well we want to try different type of story kekeke. It’s a bit similar with BigBang music video, entitled Lies. So, Enjoy! Sorry for the grammar mistakes~

 

ENJOY THE MAYO  WEEKEND! ^^