#SuSica - Hope

~EXOSHIDAE ONE-SHOT DaiLy COLLECTION~

 

 

 

Jessica’s POV

           

            “ Yah, Soojung-ah, what the hell is your problem? “ I folded my arms while looking at the room filled with scattered clothes everywhere. I saw my younger sister, acknowledge my presence as she kept grabbing her clothes and put it on the suitcase. I thought she wants to take a holiday with her friends, but guess that I was wrong.

            “ I want to leave this house! “ She said without even turning her head facing me. I furrowed my brows in confusion. Why the hell is happening here?

            “ What? Yah! Stop it, Krys, you’re being ridiculous! “ I scoffed.

            She gave me a death glare –something I haven’t saw for ages, ever since she dated that Minho guy. She stopped for a moment, as I took a step forward approaching her.

            “ It’s all because of you, unnie… Umma and Appa won’t allow me to marry him, ‘cause they want you to marry first before me. Huh, what kind of joke! They even know that you’re boyfriend-less and now they use it as an excuse. “ She rolled her eyes, clearly looked annoyed.

            “ Yah! Is that how you talk to your older sister? “ I snapped back. She didn’t even budge. For a minute we exchanged glare, as if we’re on contest of who will last without even blinking. I sighed in desperation, as she brushed against me, and headed to the door with her suitcase, leaving me dumfounded.

            I composed myself the moment I heard such a loud bang on the main door. She was already gone, and partly it was me –who play a part in her sadness. I know she loves him so much –Choi Minho, the typical next door boy, I could say. They began to date five years ago, as they first met on their mutual friend’s occasion. I was glad, my little sister had finally found her soulmate –they were both happy as well, much to my relief.

            I took the frame on her night table. It was her and me –people calls us Jung’s sister. A smile curved on my lips, as it remind me of those old times when it was just the two of us. My parent was rarely at home –they worked overseas. So, it was the main reason why I became very close with her as I have no one to talk to, aside from her. It was really fun, having a sister to share anything and the best part is when you can expand your closet –you know what I mean.

            But I didn’t even know I hurt her unintentionally. Well, I could understand of why mom and dad refused to allow her marry her boyfriend. They were worry about me –my parent was a bit conservative when it comes to marriage. They had such a belief, that if the younger sister insists to marry before her older sister, then the older sister would become a dead . To cut it shorts, I will never found a mate to marry and ended up as a spinster.

            Well, that was just a myth, right?

***

           

            I lifted my head up, as the winds brush into my long and wavy hair. I smiled as I saw his figure come closer. He was always been the most handsome guy on earth –my boyfriend for two years, Lee Donghae. He ran toward me, with a bright smile hang on his face. He wore his matching blue outfit, while his right hand held a bunch of my favorite flower –white carnation, stands for pure love, sweet love, and innocence.

            “ Here’s for my beautiful princess…” He handed me the flowers. I blushed in return as I took the flowers from his hand.

            He was such a romantic guy. He could make me head over heels in love with him without even try –it was just happen naturally.

            “ I love you, Jung Sooyeon, would you marry me? “ He kneeled on his one knee in front of me. I saw the blinking thing inside the box –it was a ring. Tears flowed down uncontrollably as I nodded, accepting his proposal. I couldn’t ask for more.

            Our relationship was a step ahead. It was the best thing I ever had, engaging with the man I love the most. I didn’t even need anything or anyone –I had him, he made me feel content. My best girlfriend envied me. They said we were such a match made from heaven. I could only chuckle everytime they teased about my relationship with him.

            Everything was perfect.

 

            I saw a cloth covering his whole body. He didn’t budge when I shook his hand. I saw his face turned pale and his body went paralyzed. I shook my head in deny –No, it can’t be happen. I cried out calling for his name, but still he didn’t move an inch. My love left me –he left me alone. I cried a river when I saw his figure buried to the ground. Goodbye, my love!

***

 

            “ What’s the matter, Jess? “ I awakened from my daydream as I heard a voice rang on my ears. I turned to face where it belongs and well it turned out to be my bestfriend Yuri. Her face was just a few centimeters apart from mine. She was doing her ridiculous act again –squinted her eyes.

            “ Gosh! You’ve scared the hell out of me! “ I pushed her away as she burst into peals of laughter. Geez, why do I have such bestfriend?

            “ Yah, Sica-ah, loosen up a bit won’t kill, you know? Besides, I miss your famous dolphin scream…” She winked at me. We won’t call her a prankster for nothing –true then. I pouted in dismay. She noticed my facial expression as she suppressed her laughter immediately. Usually it takes a lot of times to make her stop laughing.

            “ Krystal is ran away from home since yesterday…” I stated.

            “ OMO! What happen? Did you guys fight? “ She gave me such a worry and concern gaze. I felt her hands rested on mines.

            I shook my head lightly. It wasn’t a real fight to be honest, more likely, she was mad at me and I didn’t know how to respond.

            “ She wanted to marry her boyfriend, but my parent doesn’t allow her to do so –it was me….”

            She furrowed her brows in confusion.

            I took a big amount of air into my lungs before continue with my story. “ Dad insist that she will marry right after me, well as you see, I’m not even moved on after five years had passed…” I tried to sound normal, forcing my lips to curve a smile.

            “ Hey, it wasn’t your entire fault. Stop blaming yourself, Sica…”

            I sighed before diverted my gaze into another direction. There I saw another figure made his way approaching us. He gave me a slight smile, as we exchange glances. Before I could say a thing, he was already here, settled himself beside Yuri. He kissed Yuri on her cheeks, much to Yuri’s joy.

            “ Hey! “ The fierce eyed yet gentle guy greeted me.

            “ Hey, Tao! Took you long enough… She made a funny faces again and this time, I’m pretty sure you’ll regret for being in love with our kkab Yul here, very unwomanly… “ I teased the new lovebird who was cuddling in front of me.

            I saw Yuri pursued her lips. “ Yah! Why did you say, Jung Sooyeon?  “

            I was slightly amused and I stuck my tongue playfully.

            “ I said my bestfriend here is the most beautiful, understanding, and caring girlfriend..”

            She nodded in approval, as she was satisfied with my answer. I chuckled seeing her reaction. I wonder what makes this shy and reserved guy fell over heels in love with such a crazy creature like her? Well, that’s love –sometimes you’re being unreasonable.

            “ So, what will you do? “ Alright, fine back to my personal problem. I heaved a sigh, as if I had carried such a huge amount of load on my shoulder.

            “ I don’t know, Yul… I wanted to forget him, really… But I can’t… “ I shook my head.

            “ You have to Sica, you can’t living in the past, you have to move forward… There will be another love for you if you want to open up… “

            I looked at her. She was somehow right, no matter how playful she could be, she still that mature woman I could lean on. I smiled in return. Maybe it’s time to wake up from my nightmare. I couldn’t let my sister hurt because of my selfishness, right?

            “ You can start with dating a guy…”

            Her words echoed on my mind like a broken tune. It just reminds me of my life lately, how I’ve been living a loveless life without a guy for almost five years. It was somehow silly yet I could do nothing but did it over and over again.

            “ I don’t know if I’m ready or not… I-I’m a bit scared, Yul…”

            She put her arms on my shoulder.

            “ Tao and I will help you, you don’t have to worry ice princess…”

            I hit her arms lightly. She laughed showing her white teeth like an actor on commercial break. Am I even ready for this? I wish I made a right decision right now.

***

 

            I never knew I could finally do such thing again. I thought I wouldn’t be able to experience another date after he left me ages ago. Well, perhaps not a date, but simply lunch meeting without me even knowing who the hell is my partner. I arrived early this time, since I didn’t want to make a bad impression to him. But I guess he didn’t even arrive yet.

            I sat down nervously and tried to composed myself. I didn’t know why, my heart pumped faster than its usual rate. I was nervous yet excited at the same time. So this is the feeling of having another date after five years had passed. I watched my wristwatch for every five minutes –well, I hate waiting and this guy just made a bad impression for being late. I ordered a glass of lemon tea since I was a bit awkward sitting alone on the corner.

            Soon after the waiter placed me a glass of lemon tea –still there was no sign of him to come anytime soon. Bad thoughts started to dwell on me, as I began to think of the possibility of him stood me up. It wasn’t impossible, right?

            Gosh! This is really frustrating – I got a bit impatient, as I looked on my wristwatch for the tenth time already. He was nowhere to be seen. I almost got up from my seat, when I heard a footstep came on my way. I didn’t even ready for this –I couldn’t see him. What do I do?

            “ I’m sorry for being late… there’s a accident on the street. Are you alright? “

            I heard his melodious voice –somehow familiar. I finally had courage to lifted up my head and facing my blind date partner.

            “ Sooyeon! “

            “ Joonmyun? “

            We both said our name in unison. I saw his eyes widen due to the sudden surprise. I did no better than him. We kept exchanging glances until I heard he laughed, as he settled himself down at the seat –I did the same too.

            “ So, you’re suppose to be my blind date partner then? I can’t believe we’re going to meet again with such circumstances…” Instead being awkward, he managed to act casually.

            I smiled bitterly. It was a bit embarrassing to catch up like this –he must be thought that I’m doing no better here.

            “ Y-Yeah… I didn’t expect you to be my blind date partner, though…” I blurted out. He knitted her brows, but shrugged off soon after.

            “ So, how are you? It was really nice seeing you again after ten years…” He gave me a sincere smile.

            I was still on my shock state as I didn’t even know how to react well.

            “ I’m doing good… “ I paused. “ So, I bet you’re leaving LA as well…”

            He chuckled. It was such a relief to have him as a blind date partner, since I was already known him for almost half of my lifetime –At least this won’t turned to be that awkward.

            “ Well, I works here now… I decided to leave LA, after I finished my study and here I am, went on a blind date who turned out to be my childhood sweetheart…”

            I froze the moment he mentioned about my past –our past. He supposed to catch my sudden change of expression when he diverted his question all of sudden. He didn’t even change for a bit –still that kind and modest guy.

            “ So, tell me about your life here? You must be doing great, right? I know you do, you were that Jung Sooyeon, the leader of student council “

            I didn’t know what was his intention saying those stuffs. Did he want to try to remind me of our past? Well if that’s so, then I wouldn’t affect.

            “  Well, I’m still alive and kicking…”

            He smiled. How I missed those smiles –wait, what did you think, Jung Sooyeon?

            Silence loomed between us. I didn’t know how to express myself right now –it was too sudden. I catch a glimpse at him – he wasn’t change even for a bit, still that kind and gentle guy, If it wasn’t for my parent who brought me back to Korea, I will certainly be his girlfriend up till now. But it was just a part of our past –things doesn’t happen twice.

            I decided to ask him, but then I cut off due to the sudden interruption. The waitress placed such a huge amount of foods in front of us. He looked starve, I chuckled. He stopped, sensing my sudden outburst.

            “ What? “

            “ You really hungry, don’t you? “ I asked him back.

            “ What do you think? I still on my program though, but oh well, leave it for the other day won’t kill…”

            We began to dig in the dishes. It wasn’t really awkward after all, as we started to talk like a long lost childhood friend. I learned by now, he was currently working on the same company as Yuri’s boyfriend –so, that’s why he decided to set me up with him. I was really amused when he told me about his story and his friends. I couldn’t believe we managed to be more comfortable with each other –given that we broke up with such a drama back then.

            The memories suddenly flooding inside my mind, as the conversation began to change. I tried to sound as normal as I could, when he asked me about my previous relationship. I didn’t know whether I should tell him or not, but then I gave up and let my guard down.

            “ You must be loves him so much, right? “

            I nodded. Indeed, I loves him so much, even after he left me, my love for him remain strong.

            “ It must be pretty hard for you to bear with such pain. Having your fiancé passed away and start from the beginning like nothing ever happen… I never thought you will grow into that strong woman…”

            A smile curved on my lips.

***

 

            “ OMO! Sica-ah, you look awesomely beautiful…I can’t believe my ice princess turn into a beautiful fairy tale princess…” Yuri couldn’t even hide her amazement when she saw me wore this wedding dress through the mirror.

            I turned to face her. She didn’t really look healthy these past few days, but I should thank her for being here with me all the time –to help me arrange my wedding. She was such a great companion.

            “ Thanks, Yul… I can’t believe I’m finally able to wear this dress… I thought I will living my life as a spinster.. “ I laughed. The sudden image of me being a spinster cracked me up –thank God, I’m not going to become one.

            Her face turned pale all of sudden, as she was covering with her palms. I went to approach her.

            “ Gosh! Yul, what’s the problem? “ I asked her with such a worry tone.

            She didn’t reply –I massage her arms trying to make her feel better.

            “ I don’t know what had gotten into me. I lost my appetite these past few days, I feeling dizzy and easily tired. I must been drained myself too much for work…” She stated as soon as she recovered from her nausea.

            “ Yul, are you alright? “ We both diverted our stare to the source of the voice. It was Tao, wearing his formal outfit as well. He looks handsome –Yuri must be lucky to have him.

            I clapped my hands in excitement earning a confusing gaze from them both.

            “ Well, congrats you two… I think there will be another member on your family anytime soon… “

            They exchanged glances for a moment.

            “ What did you say? “ Tao asked –I could saw his brows furrowed. Gosh why do I have such a clueless friend?

            “ Well, you have these symptoms of a pregnant lady, so I guess you’ll having a baby soon, Yul… Anyway, congrats! “ I beamed to hug her. She was flabbergasted –perhaps due to the happiness or the sudden news, or even both.

            “ Unnie… it’s time! “ I broke my hug immediately when I heard my sister’s voice. Oh, jeez, why should I do now? Okay, relax, inhale and exhale.

 

 

            I took my father’s hand and walk step by step to the aisle. We decided to hold our wedding in a church where my parent used to hold their wedding ceremony. I couldn’t be any happier than this. My smile didn’t seem to fade from the first time I opened my eyes today. Yes, I’m going to marry the love of my life. My father assured me for the last time before the door opened, revealing the decorated small church.

            My groom stood at the end of aisle with his perfect black tuxedo. He was handsome –as I haven’t seen before. I took a step and the wedding march started playing. I walked down the aisle while looking at my family and friends. I saw my mother try her best to hold her tears, and then I saw my sister, Krystal with her fiancé, Minho, Yuri and Tao sat beside them. Oh, not to mention all my friends, Yoona, Sunny, Tiffany, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun. They spread their smiled on me –I don’t know what to say no more.

            My father had finally handed my hand to his. I swore his hand was as cold as an ice. He smiled at me, “ You’re beautiful..”

            The wedding ceremony began as I didn’t give much attention to the priest’s speech. I was only caught up when I heard him talking about the vow –so this is the time.

            “ I, Kim JoonMyun, take you Jung Sooyeon to be my friend, my lover, and my husband. I’ll stick to you in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow. I promise to cherish and comfort you, to care and protect you and remaining faithful until death tear us apart “

            I glanced at him –It was my turn. I took a deep breath before.

            “ I, Jung Sooyeon, take you Kim JoonMyun to be my friend, my lover, and my husband. I’ll stick to you in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow. I promise to cherish and comfort you, to care and protect you and remaining faithful until death tear us apart “

            “ I pronounce you as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride now… “ The priest said. He glanced at me first, before pulling me into his embrace. I felt my mind back to its sense, when his lips crashing onto mine. I’ve never thought before, I’m marrying my childhood sweetheart –given than I’ve passed so much in my life. It was funny how fate playing trick on us before let us united.

            You might wonder what happened after that date, right? Well to cut it short we began to start off as a friend of course. He came into my life for the second time –I didn’t think it was such a coincident. He gave me strength and mostly HOPE to fight and live my life like it used to. He was such a guardian angel, saving me from the sorrow –it was a bit cheesy though, but I’m not shy to let it known. He taught me how to smile, as I nearly forgot how to do it. His warm and gentle personalities helped me gain my confident back. He treated my wound and handle me with care –I couldn’t ask for more. The most important thing, he loved me as I never thought of having myself loved for one more time.

            I loves him –Lee Donghae, but I’m most certainly believe this was he wanted. I need to live my life and start living for the future –and I found his replacement on Kim JoonMyun who was now becoming my beloved husband. I will come back smiling and move forward with a new HOPE –And of course with you, Kim JoonMyun. As most people say, love is eternal; the aspect may change, but not the essence.

 

Love alone is capable of uniting living beings in such a way as to complete and fulfill them, for it alone takes them and joins them by what is deepest in themselves. –Pierre Teilhard de Chardin