#SooMin - I'm Better Than Him [chocoma]

~EXOSHIDAE ONE-SHOT DaiLy COLLECTION~

 

 

Xiumin’s POV

 

            “ Hey! “ I greeted the girl in front of me. She was always captivating no matter what she did. I caught her usual wide smile as soon as she acknowledged my presence.

            “ Ha! Took you long enough…” She pursued her lips –gosh, why do it seems so tempting when she doing it? Wait, Kim Min Seok, why had gotten into you?

            “ Yah! “ She waved her hands across my eyes. “ I’m starving here, let’s grab some lunch…”

            With that, she pulled my hand –how I love the feeling of her hands on mines.

            Well, Choi Sooyoung –mostly known as a shikshin, was one and my only bestfriend. We were befriended since ages ago. Her family was my family’s friend –that’s the main reasons we become close. We entered the same school since kindergarten, played together, and grew up together. She was grown into a beautiful girl, though she didn’t think the same way. To begin with, she wasn’t the typical beautiful girl you’ve know, in fact she was very different. Like, she’s a huge eater, her hair is short, and mostly she acts like one of the boys. But I found it attractive though –I don’t care if you think I have a weird type. I love her, not in a friendship way, but as a boy to a girl. Nonetheless, she didn’t seem to notice it, as I’m great at hiding my real feeling toward her. I’m worried if she knew, then it would affect my friendship.

            We walked to the cafeteria, and as usual our hands linked together. She was never found it awkward –well, perhaps it’s because she only treat me as her bestfriend.

            I was about to step in when I felt her hand loosen up from mine. I glanced at her with my brows furrowed indicated some confusion.

            “ OMO! What do I do? “ She turned her head to face me.

            “ What? “ I asked in a concern.

            “ There’s Changmin, my crush sitting over there. Gosh, why do I look like a mess just now? “ She ruffled her hair. I tend to look at the direction she pointed. Great! Just Great –that stupid guy was having a lunch on the corner.

            “ You look fine, Soo, no need to worry! Now let’s find a place…” I grabbed her hand. She refused at first, but since I’m stronger than her, she gave up nonetheless.

***

 

            “ I told you, you look fine.. “ I couldn’t hide my jealousy each time she mentioned about her delusional crush. Not that I’m being mean, it’s just –I didn’t find him fancy her as well.

            She pouted showing her dissatisfaction.

            “ Yah! Is that how you support your bestfriend? Chinja…” She folded her arms, tried to look annoyed yet it was failed. Her eyes gleamed in joy, as I showed her favorite meals –dimsum.

            “ Here’s…” I feed her as she gladly took it on –chewing and swallowing it with such a short period of time. I laughed –one of her habit that always succeed to amuse me.

            “ O, Gosh… He looks into our direction… Do you see it? Omo! “ There she go again. I cracked a smile on my face, though I must admit I was jealous.

            Shim Changmin, the most popular boy in this school –A captain of school basketball team and also a chairman of student council. Girls adore him like he was a God, praises him, and well they become such a crazy fangirls of his. They had an official name -. What a stupid delusional fangirls!

            I’m not jealous of his popularity though, I didn’t give a damn in fact. It’s just that I hate the fact that my bestfriend and also my crush fell over heels in love with him. Well, he wasn’t that great to be honest, if it wasn’t for his father who owns this school, he would be nothing.

            “ You really like him? “ I uttered a question. Blame it on my curiosity then.

            She bit her lower lips as her face blushed all of sudden. How I want to be the reason of her blushing face.

            “ You think so? “ She asked me back.

            I shrugged my shoulder.

            “ Um, well… Actually I’m not like him, but I love him… Can you imagine it, Min… I’m walking on the main hall with him by my side and everybody start shouting our pet name ‘changsoo’…” She imitated those crazy thoughts of her.

            I managed to stay silent. To be honest, I didn’t know what to say no more. She just made it clear and I was hurt inside. Well, one sided love with your bestfriend would be the hardest part of your love life. It was like you swallowing a pill on your throat without any water to help –And this was what I did just now.

***

 

            “ YEAAAAY!!! “ A loud shouting rang on my ears. I heard the whole room filled with a cheering. Yes, here I am sitting like a fool, watching the basketball team practicing for the next match with another school. Right beside me, stood a tall girl who was now cheering happily like a fangirl –I could only saw her eyes gleamed with joy, supporting her crush.

            You might wondering of why do I’m even here, right? Well the answer is LOVE. Like people say, love makes you doing ridiculous thing or even a stupid one. I couldn’t say no to her request –and it leaded me to be here, accompanying her to support her crush. If only heart could break like a mirror, then mine would be scattered like when you drop a glass from the height. That’s the perfect parable of what I feel.

            “ Can you see it, Min? He was so cool when he shoots! And when he pulled his clothes, Oh my God, I think I’m going to fainted anytime soon if he doing it again…”

            “ Uh, yeah…” I said reluctantly. I was kinda fed up with such a topic. Could you just see it, Soo? Does it really hard for you to notice it? I’m jealous.

            She nudged my elbows. “ Yah! What’s with that face? You okay? “

            I smiled bitterly. I wish you know what I feel, Soo.

            “ I’m fine. You know I’m strong, right? “ I cracked a joke. She hit my arms lightly, before settled her eyes again into the infield. I heaved a heavy sigh –she will never be understood.

            I had never understood of why girls love him that much. I mean yeah he looks handsome –I’m nothing compared to him. He was tall, smart, and kind, though I’m a bit unsure of it. Like what was his intention to be half like that? –To let those crazy fangirls of him drooling and dying in happiness? Very immature! I knew he had abs and all, but come on, it was so last year. It wasn’t that attractive right now. Once again, I’m not jealous of him, but didn’t chubby cheeks and a bit fatty guy look better than those squared stomach? Well, sometimes girls are blinded.

            What makes me even irritated was the fact that my beloved crush attracted with such a view. That’s not even great, like I could make some abs on my tummy, but I decided to let it the way it is. Well, I’m just 18 years old for God’s sake, there’s no point of having it –well, it would be different if only I was twenty or something.

            “ Hey! “ I spoke up after the practice was done. Her smile never faded from her face ever since that short glances with him on the field back then.

            “ Yeah…”

            I took a huge amount of air to my lungs. “ Would you come to my taekwondo match tomorrow? It said 3 PM…”

            I could see her brows furrowed. Well, I guess I’m ready to face a rejection.

            “ But, the basketball team will having a match tomorrow, I need to support him, my Changminnie…” She looked resentful as she showed me her puppy face –oh, not again, it was my soft spot.

            “ O-Okays then… Perhaps next time “ Right, next time –when she already have him as a boyfriend. I tried to sound as normal as it could, though it ended up failed.

            “ Oh! I know it, Min… If you win the match, then I’ll treat you lunch for three days, how does it sound? “

            A smile drew on my face, replacing the upset one.

            “ Fine then. But, prepare a lot of money, ‘cause I’m going to make you broke…” I . She pinched my arms lightly, leaving me groaning in pain.

            “ Well, I’m a shiksin here. No one can beat my huge appetite, you’re nothing compared to me… “ She began to boasting herself. I chuckled.

            “ Let’s find out soon, then…”

            She gave me another hit, as I tried to avoid it by running away, leaving her behind. I heard her screaming my name –I love it when you did it.

***

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

            I’ve never the type of girl who applied much make up on her face –in fact I’m not even one to touch it. Since I grew with boys for almost the entire of my lifetime, my brother, Choi Siwon and my bestfriend, Kim MinSeok I turned into a bit tomboyish girl. I cut my hair short with an intention to make it simple, I’m not even good at take care my self. But everything was changed ever since I met him –Shim Changmin, my crush on school. I wanted to be more girly and pretty like any other girls on his fanbase. They were really pretty and feminine compared to me.

            But today I made a special appearance, this was dedicated for him. I wore a dress my mom bought me two years ago, though I never once to touch it since I hate wore dresses. The dress looked fit perfectly on me, well, maybe a bit short considering I’m such a giant creature. But still, it complimenting my figure –I stared at the reflection on the mirror. I was ready to support him and his team.

            He was supposed to accompany me –I’m talking about my bestfriend here, but since he had a match to attend, I ended up going alone. I was really nervous –given that I always hang out with him but now I’m alone. Beside I wore a slightly short dress –a half on my thigh was uncovered. My brother was nowhere when I needed a help to drove me. Thank God, I made it safely as I finally here sitting on the bleacher, I could saw him prepare for a match. Gosh! He was really handsome I could die of happiness.

            The game began the moment the referee blew his whistle. It was such a great one as Changmin ruled the game. Soon after, the whole sport stadium filled with some cheering and applause from both opponents. I was glad he made it up till now, as another fangirls shouting his name –much to my jealousy though. What a pathetic fangirl!

            After the next thirty minutes or so, the game finally ended, with our school basketball team as the winner for this year. I kept looking for him –I wanted to congratulate him. At least this was my only chance. I didn’t know if I had another chance or courage the other time, so I decided this was the time.

            I speeded my steps, after I finally found his presence among these crowds. I run after him to the hallway with such a bright smile upon my face. There he was, a few meters apart from me. He wasn’t alone, though he was with a girl to be more specific –a queenka of our school, Kim UEE.

            I slower my steps –he wasn’t aware of my presence as I saw him KISSING her on lips passionately.

            I was paralyzed for a certain moment. I didn’t know how to react, until I felt tears streamed down my cheeks, as I pulled my palms covering my mouth. My mind must be playing trick on me? This can’t be happen! It was like my heart felt like it was being stabbed by a knife –I’m hurt inside.

            I decided to run, with such a brokenhearted. I didn’t care if people thought I’m insane of what, I just wanted to run.

            “ Sooyoung! “ I heard a familiar voice calling for me. I was such a total mess as I cried my heart out after that incident.

            I turned to face the one who called me. It was Kim Minseok!

            “ What happen? “ I threw my arms on his as I began to burst into tears again. He dragged me into the park bench. Luckily there wasn’t people –just the two of us.

            After a minute or so, I finally able to compose myself from crying –he saw me with such a worry and concern gaze. I really need him to comfort me right now.

            “ He-He kissed her. Changmin kissed that UEE girl… I-I saw it with my bare eyes…” Again, I’ve got my eyes watery as I remember about it. It was really hurt, I swore.

            He pulled me into his tight embrace. I felt safe and sound on his arms –I haven’t feel this way before. It was like I had never wanted to release myself from his embrace.

            “ I told you once, Soo… He’s dating UEE for the past two weeks ago, but you didn’t believe it…” He said while his hand caressing my messy hair.

            Then it dawned on me. He told me before, but I was too stubborn to believe him –due to my obsession toward Changmin. I never thought I will saw that kind of view. I thought I had a chance to become his girlfriend, but I was wrong –a total wrong.

            “ It was hurt, Min… I don’t know what to do…”

            Sensing that I will burst into tears again, he then caressing my shoulder.

            “ Do you really love him? “ This time I managed to face him eyes to eyes. He didn’t look as bright as usual – I didn’t know why. It just I was somehow found him spacing out, especially when I told him about Changmin.

            “ I don’t know, I just know that I want to be with him and seeing him kissing another girl makes me want to cry. It’s too painful…”

            He stared into my soul. How do I find his eyes become so attractive? Wait –what did you thinking, Soo?

            He held my hands, gentle yet quite firm.

            “ I love you, Choi Sooyoung. I really do, seeing you crying like this make my heart broken…” I widened my eyes in surprise. Did he get a knock on his head before or something?

***

 

Xiumin’s POV

           

            “I love you, Choi Sooyoung. I really do, seeing you crying like this make my heart broken…” I blurted out. Truth was I didn’t know how to keep it any longer.

            Her eyes widened in surprise. She might think that I had a knock of my head or something. But no, I’m not going to let it go again this time. I’m going to confess to her –though the consequence of our friendship was at stake.

            “ Min, are you- are you alright? Did you get a hit on your head before? “

            BINGO!

            I heaved a sigh. You have to let her know, Kim Minseok, don’t be such a coward. Do it now!

            “ I’m not, and I really love you Choi Sooyoung, not as a friend but as a boy to a girl. Like your father to your mother, or like your brother to his girlfriend. I want you to be my girlfriend… Well, all this time, I keep my feeling inside, as I don’t want our friendship affected when I tell you my real feeling. And when you finally told me about your feeling toward Changmin-ssi, I was really upset –It was hurting me a lot, seeing you liking another guy. What makes me hurt even more, when I see you wasting your tears for him. You do deserve a better guy, Soo, you’re a great girl.. I don’t say that I’m the best but I know I’m better than him as I won’t make you cry like what he did to you…”

            Crap! Her face turned pale. Did I really scare her?

            “ A-Are you serious? “

            She blinked her eyes rapidly.

***

 

            Three days had passed ever since the day I confessed to her. I still haven’t got a chance to talk to her again –it was like she avoided me or something. She went to school alone, go home alone, and I missed her presence already. Am I even made a right decision for letting her know?

            I packed my stuff into my bag, as soon as I heard the school bell rang loudly. I headed into my locker –I need to grab my taekwondo’s uniform for today’s practice. When I opened it, I saw a pink envelope lied on top of my uniform. I frowned and with a fast movement, I took the envelope –it smells really good.

 

            “ Dear Xiumin or Kim Minseok or my partner in crime or my fellow shiksin… I know I shouldn’t let you waiting for too long, so I decided to give you this letter, since I have no courage to talk to you in person –to be honest it was a bit awkward. Truthfully, I still haven’t even believed of what I heard when you confessed to me, it was like a dream –no it was more likely surprising me. I didn’t know that you fancied me all this time –given that I always considered you as my brother. But, these past three days I give myself thinking about it, I know I can’t even live a day without you by my side. So, I decide to give it a try  :) “

 

            I smiling like a retarded horse that had just winning a competition after reading her first love letter to me.

            “ What if we start off with you treat me lunch? You can consider it as our first official date if you want to…”

            I heard her voice right behind me. I turned my head in such a swift movement and caught her presence smiling for me. She was always beautiful no matter how messy she could be. I didn’t know what to do, except for crack a smile. I was over the moon right now, seeing my beautiful goddess back to my arms.

            “ So? I’ll consider it as a yes? “

            I raised my brows, arms folded across my chest. She seemed frown in confusion. I chuckled.

            “ What if we make a bet, who made it to the cafeteria first, he wins, and the loser had to treat the winner…” I challenged her.

            “ Sounds good! “ She replied.

            And with that, she rushed leaving me alone behind. I have never been this happier before, as our whole new chapter had just began. Well, sometimes you just need a slight of courage before you get what you deserved.

 

 

 

 

Sometimes we may love the wrong person, cry for the wrong reason. But one thing is for sure, mistakes help us to find the right person.

You don’t have to go looking for love when it’s where you come from. –Werner Erhard

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------

A/N : Here comes the first requested One-shot!

Sorry for grammar errors-_-

We hope you like it! And thank you for requesting!^^ Feel free to request another one (:

 

New requesters are gladly welcome!!