Their first(?) Encounter

The Right Key

Dimmed light shone on the carpeted pavement as Taeyeon took her entry. It was Kim's Sparkling Fashion Company's 28th Anniversary. Being the main character of the night, Taeyeon don on her best fake smile and walked down the isle with a stunning white gown. It was purely her limelight.

 

Despite being a stubborn kid, Taeyeon was still a rational kid who knew to protect her family reputation in the public. She greeted all the guests present, and engaged in several business conversation as well.

 

In the midst of a conversation with Mr Shim, the huge crowd in the center of the party venue caught Taeyeon eyes. Curiosity got the best of her and she excused herself to check on the situation. She thought something bad happened. But what she saw, was definitely different from what she thought. The crowd was mesmerised by a man, who was playing a saxophone. A handsome one indeed. The sweet melody flattered everyone's heart and the serious atmosphere gradually became casual as conversations shifted from business to personal life and interests.

 

Taeyeon could not bring her eyes off the musician. He looked so familiar, but she was certain that he was not her acquaintance. As if on cue, the performer stopped playing the musical instrument, and walked to Taeyeon for introduction.

 

"Hi, I am Park Jungsoo, mainly known as Leeteuk" Leeteuk smiled

 

"Kim Taeyeon" She politely replied, still yet figured out that Leeteuk was her mysterious saviour that she screamed at.

 

"So how are you now Miss Kim? I hope that you have been recovering well"

 

"I beg your pardon?"

 

"Don't tell me that you've forgotten me" leeteuk chuckled.

 

"I saved you from the truck but got a lashing from you"

 

"Oh, no wonder you look so familiar" Taeyeon gasped, unable to believe that the world is so small.

 

"So you are the daughter of Mr Kim?"

 

"Apparently, yes"

"You look stunning tonight. It is a total opposite of you at the hospital"

 

"Thanks for your compliment. Hope you will enjoy the party tonight" Taeyeon said while reaching her hand out for a handshake.

 

"Of course, your father definitely has good taste. The party is grand."

 

"Thanks on his behalf" Taeyeon replied formally before taking her leave.

 

Despite her hatred towards her family, Taeyeon still do understand the importance of maintaining her family reputation in public. Hence, she never mention their family conflicts nor her disagreement with her parents in fron of strangers. They hid it so flawlessly that they were frequently described as a happy family.

 

Though standing at different spot, both Taeyeon and Leeteuk were bored. Formal party was never to their liking. They hated all those lies others put up just for business deals. How they wished they could run away, far away from their parents, their responsibilty. But their fate is decided upon their birth. There was no option to begin with.

 

Taeyeon knew that her father was going to introduce the heir to Park International Bank to her. Bored, she wanted to find out who the man that her parents had been prasising for ages. But there were so many Parks in the party that it was impossible to make a guess. Well, she was not interested too.

 

Leeteuk, on the other hand, was walking around the party venue aimlessly. Eunhyuk, as usual, was late. Very late. To be honest, he was really anticipating to Eunhyuk's arrival, for he knew that his best friend is the only real one here. Speaking of the devil, Eunhyuk arrived.

 

"Hey Hyung!"

 

The duo had a long conversation until the owner made his to the stage for his' speech. Mr Kim slowly walked up the mini stage, enjoying his limelight.

 

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, welcome to my company's annual anniversary party. It is a great pleasure to see all of you here. My fashion company started off as only a small boutique shop, but with all your help and support, I am able to climb to my current status. Last but not least, i would like to thank my wife and my family for their never ending support. Please enjoy the food tonight."

 

The owner ended his speech with a polite bow before heading to Mr Park.

 

"Do you think we should introduce them now?"

 

"Yes, of course. It is a matter of time anyway" With this, Mr Park gestured his son to come over while Mr Kim asked the waiter to call Taeyeon. The two strangers slowly made their way to the mini penthouse as their eye caught upon each other.

 

Shocked, astonished and speechless were clearly reflected on Leeteuk's face. Nevertheless, he flashed his' famous killer dimple smile to conceal his expression.

 

Surprise was Taeyeon's only reaction. Who would know the world is so small. As usual, Taeyeon replied to his smile.

 

"Nice to meet you again, Miss Kim"

 

"It's my pleasure too"

 

Both their parents were rather bewildered that Taeyeon and Leeteuk knew each other beforehand, but this still did not stop them from formally introducting their child.

 

"Oh! So both of you are acquaintance!" Mr Park questioned informally.

 

"We just happened to know each other, though not very familiar yet" Leeteuk shrugged.

 

"It does't matter! Most importantly, both of you have to hang out more in the future!" Leeteuk's mother said.

 

"Maybe we should let the youngster to have some times alone" Mrs Kim suggested. The adults agreed and left them alone in the penthouse. Both parents were happy and glad that Leeteuk and Taeyeon are friends. This simply made the enagement much easier.

 

"I did not expect you to be my fiance" Leeteuk started the conversation. "I thought it would be some fat and ugly heiress, since my parents taste is very bad"

 

"Hahah, it seems that your parents taste isn't too bad anymore" Taeyeon replied to his joke, but felt uneasy over the word fiancé. She should have known it long ago, it wasn't a match-making like how her father described. But it was a woe for marriage.

 

From afar, the two parents were smiling so happily to the extent that their wrinkles appeared naturally. Of course, the happiest were Mr and Mrs Kim, who were glad that Taeyeon was able to hitch off with leeteuk. Hopefully their close interaction would stay forever,but not just for introductions

 

~~ 

Author Note: 

Thank you for all your support! It took me a really long time to update, but i'm proud of my long chapter! hehehe >< i may not be able to update as frequently in the future as assignments are piling up! :( nevertheless, i will make use of my leisure time and update this story!