Friends?!

Makeup, Fashion, and Love? Oh My!

 

 
"AMERICAAAA AMERICAAAAA LALALALALALAAAAAAA!" Ken sings out (more like yells). We had literally just landed in the good ol' United States of America at the BWI airport. Why are we here? For Otakon of course! Otakon is an anime convention on the east coast held in Baltimore, Maryland every year. I can't help but smile wide as I smell the clean air or my hometown, taking in a deep breath.
 
"Alright everyone, let's get on the bus and let's go." We follow the manager's orders quickly as we take our respective suitcases and pile them onto the bus. We all file into the bus, Hyuk, N, and HongBin take the backseats while Ken and Leo partner up leaving me with the sleepy Ravi. I allow him to take the window seat and he immediately falls into a deep slumber, his snoring loud. I roll my eyes and move his head so it was leaning on my shoulder, ceasing his snoring with a pinch of my fingers. He then starts to breathe through his mouth, the snoring commencing once again and the rest of the guys groan.
 
"There's no stopping it," I mutter under my breath, smiling slightly as I run my fingers through his hair. This causes a pause in his snoring. I remove my hand from his hair and he starts to snore once again. "Aigo, this guy."
 
~*~*~At the Hotel~*~*~ 
 
"SookYi! Let's go explore a bit! Where should we go?" the excited maknae asks. I giggle at his eyes widening cutely, kneeling down at me from my seat on the bed. The entire group had busted into my room, all complaining that they were bored five minutes after being at the hotel. I shake my head at their silly antics and stand up, grabbing my key card from the night stand beside my bed.
 
"Alright, come on, let's go to the Aquarium a few blocks from here." They all jump up from wherever they were sitting or leaning against and follow me out of the door. We bypass their manager and let him know where we're going. 
 
"TO THE FISHIES!" Ken exclaims, running to the left as soon as we exit. I manage to catch him by the collar of shirt and point to the opposite direction that he was running in. He just grins bashfully, walking into the right direction. It doesn't take more than 20 minutes of harmless walking before we make it to the large aquarium. 
 
They all pay for themselves and it comes time for me to pay. I notice N reaching into his wallet to pay for me but I just hold his wrist, pulling my badge up that shows my ID for work and for somewhere else.
 
"Oh, I thought I recognized you. Welcome back Jennie!" the ticket salesperson said, motioning us over to the door. I nod my head and signal for the guys to follow me. They all look confused but they move to follow me anyway. We go through the entrance, me flashing the security gaurd my ID again. He nods, smiling and escorting us into the building.
 
"SookYi-ah, how come you didn't have to pay?" HongBin asks, glancing down at me. I smile, holding my hidden ID up to him and the rest of the guys.
 
"I used to work here. When they figured out I was leaving, they let me keep my old badge so I could get in for free if I ever decided to visit," I explain, letting them pass around the ID sporting my baby face. "That was a few years ago, but they allowed me to work here through an internship for high school students."
 
"SookYi-ah is amazing~" Ravi says, gripping onto my hand. I can't help but blush, grinning up at him. I suddenly feel this burning feeling in the back of my head and I turn around, only to see Leo looking around.
 
"Alrighty children, let's go!" N says, tugging on Ravi's arm and pulling him away from me. We all run, following the rambunctious leader until he finds the first section, the Ray Tray. It was a large, open area with a good amount of people all around, but it wasn't crowded by any means. In short, it was a good day to be here on a Thursday afternoon. 
 
"Excuse me," someone calls, tapping my shoulder. I turn around to see an older male, smiling gently down at me with his daughter sitting on his shoulders. "You work here right?" I simply nod, letting him ask his question. The guys all surround me, wondering what was being said. "Well, we saw the sea turtle earlier, and we weren't sure, but we think it's missing a flipper." Hs daughter nods her head eagerly, smiling wide.
 
"Waah! The turtle is missing a flipper!" I roll my eyes and smile at the perfect timing for her to appear, seeing as it is a rare occurrence. The guys all crowd around Ravi who had pointed it out and, once getting a good look, glance over at me.
 
"Well, you are right that the turtle is missing her flipper. Her name is Calypso and she's about 16 years old. She was originally rescued off a shore in New York. There they noticed she had a fishing line tied around her left front flipper and, to avoid infection, they had to amputate it. Ever since, we've kept her here," I explain, turning to translate into Korean for the guys. Leo looks down sympathetically at the turtle, reaching his hand down to try to touch her.
 
"Oh, thank you very much!" With that, he waves by with his daughter and joined the rest of his family, moving up to the next level.
 
"Hey, you don't work here!" someone shouts into my ear from behind. My eyes widen and I blink, looking dazed for a while before regaining my composure. The guys turn their attention to me, getting the first look at the owner of the shrill voice. I finally turn to see a small girl looking up at me, her too thin eyebrows furrowing downwards. "Why are you looking at me like I'm stupid?! I said, you don't work here!" she yells, once again sending me into a daze from her high pitched voice.
 
"Don't yell," Leo commands, sticking a finger in his ear. She turns her attention to him and her eyes widen and a blush brightens her cheeks.
 
"He's out of your league. Don't even try it," I say, glaring at her. She raises her upper lip, snarling a bit at me. I roll my eyes, linking my hand with Leo's. He doesn't move to pull away, in fact, he grasps my hand tighter, intertwining our fingers. The girl just scoffs, crossing her arms.
 
"You. Don't. Work. Here," she repeats for the third time. I just chuckle, holding up my badge to her then moving it next to my face. 
 
"I've been here longer than you have little girl. I know more about this place than you do," I say, leading Leo away with the rest of the guys following behind. They don't quite understand what I was saying, but they got the gist of it and they all grinned at me. 
 
An hour had passed and we were now at the best part of the aquarium: the Rainforest Exhibit. Trust me, they went all out for this. Many trees, plants, flowers and fruits were decorated all over the place but everything was completely real, minus the epiphyte tree. That's there for plants that only thrive when growing on other plants. Many species of birds were chirping and flying about while a few frogs and toads hopped along the ground. Right now, people were gathered at a typical spot. Up a few flight of stairs were two platforms, prime spots for taking pictures and looking for the four sloths.
 
"And if you'd look to my right directly in the line of sight of my shoulder, you'll see Ivy! She's our only female sloth on exhibit and she gave birth to our youngest male, Xeno!" a voice exclaimed over the crowd. I move up the stairs, Leo's hand still in mind, and we meet an old buddy of mine. 
 
"Hey there Bob! Long time no see," I say, interrupting the little show. The crowd parts for me and I lead the guys to the center of the madness, giving us some room to breathe. The old man grins happily down at me, patting my shoulder.
 
"Jen, it's been too long! And you brought friends," he says, glancing at each of them. He says hello and introduces himself, the guys struggling but succeeding in telling him their names. "Are they from Korea?"
 
"Yup, they're here for a concert. They're famous!" I exclaim proudly, translating our conversation to them. I start to hear people grumble a bit so I turn towards them, a smile plastered on my face. "Hello everyone, sorry for the delay! As Bob was saying, Ivy is the dearest mommy of Xeno. We also have two other sloths, Sid and Howie." My eyes skillfully sweep the inside of the rainforest, looking for the other two and I spot them quickly. "To my left on the tree, you will find Sid, one of our oldest here at his favorite hiding spot. And all the way up there against the netting is Howie, our oldest and apparently most active," I say, gesturing to them both. I quickly translate my words for my friends and the crowd of Koreans standing by them. They smile, grateful and the crowd disperses to take pictures. 
 
"Wow, you know so much Sookie," HongBin coos, taking his camera and capturing many pictures of everything. They each move on their own, Leo with Ken to look at the birds, N and Ravi looking at the sloths and Hyuk staying by me, him being the best at speaking English.
 
"You know Jennie, I'm surprised you even have friends," Bob says, chuckling down at me. Hyuk looks angry and was about to defend me but I laugh along with him, shoving his shoulder lightly. 
 
"Yeah yeah, and why haven't you retired yet old man?" I rebuttal, grinning up at him. Hyuk gives me a weird looks and I explain that me and him are just sarcastic with each other, but we have a good grandfather-granddaughter relationship. We say our goodbyes and walk down the platform. As we were leaving, I decide to look behind some foliage. Behind the thick leaves, I find a few little frogs. I motion Leo over and pick the frog up, handing it to him. He smiles wide and pets it, showing it off to the guys.
 
"What kind of frog is that?" Ken asks, making kissy faces at it. 
 
A smirk plays on my lips as I tell them the species. "Oh, it's just a poison dart frog." I can't help but laugh as I see their faces pale and Leo throws it up in the air, landing in my outstretched hands. He starts screaming and panicking, wiping his hands on N's shoulder as he tries to run away. I ignore the madness and pet the little frog as it jumps onto my shoulder.
 
"Yah! Get away Leo!"
 
"I'm going to die!"
 
"Hey!" I yell, getting their attention. They make disgusted faces at the tiny frog sitting upon my shoulder. "Calm down, he's not poisonous." I pet it's head with a finger and it jumps off, going between Ravi and Hyuk before hopping away into more foliage. "Why would a professional aquarium allow animals out that would cause harm?" I say, winking at them.
 
"H-how is it not poisonous?" Ravi asks, clutching onto my shoulder that didn't hold the frog.
 
"Because it was born here at the Aquarium. The poison is hereditary only if the environment the parents are in is dangerous. If it is in a secure place, the poison won't pass on to the offspring," I lecture, patting his head gently. They all let out a sigh of relief while Leo still wipes his hands off.
 
We move on through the aquarium and finish it off, the night air hitting our faces. We all sigh in relief as we look at the nighttime activity of the city, looking at the lights reflecting on the bay water. Ken notices the dragon paddle boats and drags us all over, smiling happily. We each pay for our share and we all pair off. I take a paddle boat for myself due to the odd numbers. Ravi and Leo got a purple one along with N and Ken. Hyuk and HongBin took a green one as well as me. 
 
We enjoy the sight of the city from the boats, Ravi complaining that Leo wouldn't paddle for anything. I can't help but laugh and paddle towards them, pushing them with my boat. Soon enough, the woman called us back since our time was up. 
 
After getting out, we make it back to our hotel rooms. The guys pile into their room while a saunter into mine. As the I was about to enter my room, Leo pulls me back and kisses my forehead, mumbling a good night and closing the door.  
 

 

OTL Hey friends o u o I'm really sorry I haven't updated in a month -bows- Please forgive me! I've been working hard with my friend MG on two applyfics (which you should check out since one is still open orz) And this chapter didn't come naturally to me like the others. It was a huge filler and I just... I'm so sorry everyone. I promise to update more since spring break for me is coming up this Thursday! 

 

SHAMELESS ADVERTISING

❝ ❤ ❞ Riding This Roller Coaster Called Love ¦ {APPLY OPEN!}

✣{Jellyfish Entertainment New Girl Group!} MyDol2 .:APPLY CLOSED:.

 

AND IM AN ADMIN TO A FACEBOOK RP (I hope you check it out, I'd love it if you'd join ^^)

« ☾ » ➵Midnight Eternity Academy╎Facebook Roleplay ▷ Open ▷ Accepting