Flying

Makeup, Fashion, and Love? Oh My!

 

 
"Anyeong, how's everything going?" a voice calls from the door. We all turn our attention to there and the president comes in, followed by another man. Everyone who was sitting immediately stood up and we all bowed, greeting him in unison. He notices me at the back with the clothes and he walks to me. I bow once he reaches me and we smile at each other.
 
"Hello President."
 
"Hello SookYi-ah, I just came to check on you. I also wanted to introduce you to another singer in Jellyfish Entertainment, Brian Joo," he says, motioning to the man beside him. I take notice of him and I first see his purple hair, which really suited him. He bows to me and I now back. I decide to greet him first, and I waned to see something from his name.
 
"Hello Mr. Joo, it's a pleasure to meet you. My name is SookYi," I say in English, holding out my hand to him. His eyes widen and he immediately hugs me, picking me up and spinning me around. I can't help but laugh out loud with how he reacted. 
 
"Ahh, it's so nice to hear my native language!" he says also in English, setting me down and grinning. "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Brian Joo, nice to meet ya SookYi." He takes my hand and shakes it enthusiastically. "Where did you learn English so well?"
 
"Haha, I used to live in America, Maryland actually. I just moved here two years ago. My mother is an immigrant. I'm guessing you were born there as well since you have no accent at all." He nods and laughs, pulling me back into a hug. He turns his attention to VIXX as they all stare at us, completely lost in our conversation. 
 
"Hello VIXX! You know, I may have to steal SookYi from you guys. She's the first person I met here in Korea that speaks perfect English," Brian says, putting an arm around my shoulder and switching back to Korean. Their faces turn a bit sour and Leo comes up to us, grabbing my wrist and pulling me over to the rest of the members. Brian looks very surprised, as does the rest of VIXX from Leo's abrasive motion. "Well I suppose I won't be taking you, SookYi." Brian frowns a bit, but I just giggle a bit from his cute attitude. 
 
"Anyway, VIXX, Brian and I came here for a reason," the president says, immediately grasping our attention. "The MyDol Angels have given you another mission." He pulls out an envelope, handing it to N and then heading to the door. Before he walks out, he looks back at me. "By the way, SookYi-ah, they look good. Keep up the good work," he says before shutting the door behind him. 
 
I can't help but jump up and down happily, squealing from his sudden praising. "Man I'm awesome," I shout in English and Brian doubles over in laughter, clutching onto his stomach. I do a little happy dance while the other guys laughed at me. 
 
We had finished working so I tell them we could all go home, and all of the coordi unnies leave, meaning it was VIXX, Brian, and me left. I was packing up all of my stuff and I hear N and Ravi volunteering to do something Brian had asked, and he also had Leo do whatever it was too. I was finishing up putting all of my scattered crap away, not really paying attention to what was going on around me.
 
"Boo."
 
I screamed and turned around, ready to beat someone's face in until I saw a very stoic face. My raised hand flopped down and I fall to my knees. Leo just stands there, staring down at me while the other "men" are rolling around on the ground laughing so damn hard. I try to catch my breath, panting a bit with my hand over my heart. 
 
"Revenge." One simple word and now I suppose he can justify scaring the living crap out of me. He holds his hand out to me and I take it, thinking he would pull me up be instead he just lets go and walks away. My jaw drops and my eye twitches a bit, three times in one day. A new record. The rest of the guys just laugh even harder. Brian even says he's about to pee through his giggle fits, which causes them to laugh even harder. 
 
"Aigo, that was too funny. Eh, where's SookYi-ah," Ravi says, looking around the room. The others stop laughing and Leo looks up from munching on an orange, searching for me. Finally N had noticed me and gasped, pointing to a corner in the room near the door. I was crouched down, a black aura surrounding me and mushrooms growing randomly. Ken tried to approach me, but my dark aura kept his jolly self out. The rest had tried, but all had failed. But there was still one left who hadn't attempted. And of course that was Leo.
 
"Leo-goon, go get SookYi-ah. You're chic aura should be strong enough against her aura of darkness!" N yelled into his dongsaeng's ear. Leo had cringed and pushed him away, peeling off another piece of the orange. He makes his way over to me and passes through my wall, the guys cheering for him. He leans against the wall to my left, sliding down and sitting next to me, one leg out with the other bent. 
 
"Want one?" I look over slowly and see him hold out a slice of an orange in his hand. I just stare blankly at him and he rolls his eyes a bit, holding the orange about two inches from my face. He looked at me with a straight face, but I couldn't stand to look directly at him for much longer since his gaze looked too seductive to me. "Eat." With one word, I take the orange into my mouth, chewing it and letting the juices gush out and fill my mouth with its citrusy taste. I close my eyes in delight, since oranges were one of my favorite fruits, third only to strawberries and green grapes.
 
My black aura completely retracts and I go back into a good mood, jumping up and holding my hand out to Leo to help him up. He takes it and I pull him up, his height now a bit taller than me with his face fairly close to mine. He seems stunned, but I just grin and turn around, skipping over to get an orange of my own. 
 
"Brian-hyung, will you sing Let This Die?" Ken asked, humming a tune to a song I guessed was Let This Die. They were all sitting on the couches now and I join them, sitting next to HongBin who greets me with a smile. I squeal a bit, noticing his dimple, and smile wide for him too, showing off my double dimple on my right cheek. He laughs and he deemed me his dimple buddy, which I of course giggle at. 
 
Brian had gotten up and plugged his iTouch into the stereo system and a song started playing. It didn't take a second before he started singing, in crisp and clear English. I close my eyes and my ears take in his beautiful voice which hits high notes I certainly couldn't reach. The rap came on and I take in as many lyrics as I could, committing them to memory. The song ends and we all clap and cheer for Brian who does a dramatic bow. 
 
"Can I hear it again, Brian?" I say, looking up at him. He nods and starts it over from this beginning, except he had one more voice singing with him. Me. I had a talent for memorizing most if not all the lyrics to a song I like after hearing it for the first time. The guys look baffled and Brian stops singing, but I don't, liking the feeling of singing out to my heart's content. For the parts I couldn't reach, I press the tips of my fingers to my throat and move them upward, allowing my voice to hit a higher pitch. Even the rap, I had memorized with ease. I wasn't too much of a singer, but I knew I could at least rap.
 
The song finishes and I get applause from the guys, most going "Woooow". I give them a bashful smile, bowing my head in thanks. "Wow, you can rap SookYi-ah!" Ravi says, ruffling my hair from his spot next to HongBin. 
 
"And sing too!" Ken says, grinning. 
 
"Eh, I can't sing that well. It's not at your level. But I've always had a talent for rapping and memorizing lyrics." They all nod their heads, taking in this new information. I then notice the envelope in N's hand and point to it, forgetting all about it. The rest had too, seeing as they all eagerly pressed for N to open it. Before that, Hyuk had taken out a handheld camcorder and passed it to me. I guess I was going to record this for their MTV Diary. Hey, I was working with these guys so I had to know all I could about them, right?
 
"What's up Diary," Ravi says, giving his little intro. He explains how the president gave them a mission to do and they open the envelope, reading off what it said. 
 
"VIXX, you will be debuting soon, and I feel you guys aren't close enough. I think you should do something to strengthen your bond amongst the six of you, so please be ready by 7 tomorrow so you can head off to your destination. It will be a two hour drive, so prepare yourselves for anything that may happen to help you guys become closer. Good luck, from the president." N had read the entire thing and they all comment for a few minutes as to what it could be before they sign off. I close the camera and sit down, handing it back to Hyuk who puts it in his drawstring bag. 
 
"Oh, SookYi-ah, the letter also said for you to come with us and record it. So will you?"
 
"Oh, of course, no problem. Just pick me up at my dorm. I live on the same floor as you guys, right to your left," I say, happy I could join. 
 
~The next day~
 
"Aigo SookYi-goon, stop being mad at us pleeeaaaaase?" the leader begged, getting on his knees on the large coach bus in front of me. I just look away from him, my arms crossed defiantly. I turn my body more towards my seat partner who just so happened to be a sleeping Leo. I guess since he was sleeping and all he wouldn't mind if I got too close. Now I suppose the question is why would N be begging for my forgiveness. Well let me tell you what happened this morning.
 
~That Morning~
 
"Achil, achil, fantastic~"
 
"I feel, I feel fantastic~"
 
I was still asleep, but also slightly aware of my surroundings. I had noticed my ear buds were missing, which was playing Super Hero on repeat, but I did nothing of it. I was too blissfully happy in my sleep to really care. I was close to drifting completely back into sleep until a very unattractive sounds happened to blast into my poor little eardrums.
 
"HAHA, LIKE A STARLIGHT!" A voice sang (more like yelled). I immediately sit straight up and scream, my heart about to burst out of my chest. My head turns in every direction possible minus right in front of me. I turn my attention to right at the edge of my bed to see N, Ravi, HongBin, Ken, and Hyuk singing and dancing their cute little asses off. I hope my sarcasm was noted. 
 
"Good morning SookYi-ah!" Ken shouts/sings to the tune of Starlight. My eyes widen in disbelief at the balls they had to actually to do this. Out of sheer stupidity, I had given them the code to get into my apartment, while they gave me theirs. 
 
We had spent a good majority of the night together, eating snacks and getting to know each other. I had found out how much N was a motherly type, but had a weak stomach when it came to scary things. Leo definitely isn't one to interact, but is very fatherly, looking out for everyone, and he love puppies and small kids. He also liked skinship more that I would've thought. Ken was very funny and good with body gags, his favorite anime character happened to be Chopper from One Piece. Ravi was quite outgoing and sweet, and also said he was the cutest and pulled off really cute poses. HongBin was the obvious visual, being very good looking and appealing, and he really liked acting. Hyuk was a cutie and, although he had a sweet exterior, he was actually quite the prankster.
 
Right now, I can guess who was the mastermind. I turn my attention to the youngest of the group who was sending a grin my way, but he points over to a giggling N. I deadpan and shove them all out, apparently missing Leo who was leaning against a wall not bothering with the prank. I lock the door so they couldn't get in even with the code and let Leo stay while I get ready. He just lied down on the couch listening to his iPod. After I finished getting ready, we walked right passed the others who were yelling outside of my door, get into the elevator without them, and get in the bus, claiming two seats so we wouldn't be bothered.
 
That didn't work. I was now surrounded, and I couldn't even call on Leo for help if I wanted to. They had been begging for my forgiveness for half of this trip, FOR AN HOUR. They are damn persistent. 
 
"Noonaaaaaaa."
 
"Hyuk, I'm not even your noona, we were born in the same year."
 
"But you're about a month older than me. And besides, aren't I cute when I act like this?" 
 
"If I say yes, will you leave me alone?"
 
"No way SookYi-ah, only if you forgive us."
 
"Ken-oppa, you guys nearly destroyed my eardrums." I was about to argue more with them but an arm wrapped around my neck gently and pulled me closer to Leo, his eyes still closed. I was momentarily surprised, but I guess the guys' yelling woke him up.
 
"Forgive them, they won't stop until you do," he says, giving them a look that caused them to back off a bit. I sigh and mumble that I forgive them into Leo's arm, but they heard loud and clear and Ravi pulled me away from Leo and into a tight hug. I roll my eyes slightly but smile from the back hug he have me, his arms wrapped around my neck. 
 
"Aigo, that's my little angel," N coos, ruffling my hair slightly. 
 
"I only forgave you guys because Leo said so," I say, acting like I was still mad and going back to Leo's side, his arm wrapping around my shoulders and an earbud going into my right ear. The others shrug, happy I still forgave them and left us alone. For the next hour, I enjoyed watching them play bonding games, and, after they tired out, listening to Leo's soothing voice sing random songs we were listening to.
 
Just as we were arriving there, I wake up all of them and pull out the camcorder from my bag, so I can tape their reactions. The bus parks in front of a building, but they pay it no mind as they stare out into the river. N looks up and yells, pointing at what looks like to be a tall building, but was really for bungee jumping. I point the camera towards the building and there it was, written plain as day. "Bungee Jumping".
 
I close the camcorder and we all walk in, me leading since the guys are in a bit of a daze. The girl with glasses was the one working to get them suited but she was also trying to flirt with the handsome men too. She kept throwing them winks and whatnot, but the guys just respond with weak smiles. She did try to wink at Leo, but he paid her no mind, asking me to help with his chest bungee. She must have gotten angry because she snatches the harness away and throws him two ankle bungees, one for him and one for me. I shrug my shoulders and we slip the harnesses on, Leo still not paying her any mind.
 
We all walk to the elevator and it goes straight up, now everyone starts to panic. They were all hugging each other, fake crying their goodbyes to each other. N hugs Leo which he actually accepts and hugs back. I bring the camcorder out to catch it but it was too late. 
 
We make it to the top, and here we are. Staring down 50 meters below us. The girl in glasses gives off a fake smile, saying that Leo was gunna go first.
 
"What do you have against me?" The girl just giggled and waived it off, not really paying any attention. They decide to do rock, paper, scissors to decide. The loser happened to be HongBin, but even he didn't go first. The youngest, Hyuk, decided to be bravest and go first, grinning a bit. 
 
Everyone watches out for him, Ravi and N joining hands because they were so anxious and worried for the maknae. Hyuk gives a shutout to VIXX and, without hesitation, jumps off the side of the tower, yelling in delight as he nearly hits the water before the bungee cord did its job and snapped him back up. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding and scream "FIGHTING!" 
 
Next, HongBin volunteers to jump off next. He was about to jump off when he suddenly got too nervous to so he held back, panting a bit. He stands back up and comes back to us, looking down. I immediately go over to him give him a big hug, squeezing really tight, in which he responds with by picking me up and spinning me. He lets me go and walks back over to the edge and jumps off, not hesitating one bit. We all cheer for him and he has the biggest grin on his face, the bungee cord making him go up and down a few more times before someone unhooks him and he gets taken over to the youngest to cheer for the rest of them. 
 
Next up was Leo, so I do a quick interview with him.
 
"Is it scary?" At first he just shakes his head, but I wanted him to speak. "So it's not scary?"
 
"It's scary. I'm kinda scared to do this." He gives a nervous laugh at the end and then walks away to get hooked up. "Woooow, wow... Wow!" Yeah, he's completely scared. He looks over the edge and yells "Jellyfish Fighting, VIXX Fighting!" before.... Not jumping. He backs away a bit but the instructor kinda pushes him, causing Leo to just back away even more. I open my arms and Leo immediately hugs me, giving a tight squeeze to let out his anxiety before going back and jumping off quickly. 
 
Ravi and Ken jump off quickly, of course there was a bit of protest from Ravi but he still did it on his first try. Now I was by myself with N who was on the floor, protesting. I sit on the floor with him and rub his back, giving him soothing words of encouragement. We hear the others screaming up at N, saying he could do it. This gives him enough courage to jump off, screaming "I LOVE YOU GUYS!" We all cheer for the scaredy cat leader, who looked like he just saw a ghost, but was still smiling all the same.
 
I get myself strapped in and hold the camera tight in my hand, making sure it didn't fall into the river. I look out at the beautiful scenery and let out a calming breath, looking down at my new friends. They all yell "fighting", even Leo who was giving a small smile. I nod my head and look straight down, not really too scared.
 
"I love you VIXX, you guys are the best!"
 
And I jump. I feel like I'm flying and scream in delight, the feel of the air moving against my body making me feel like I'm free. It was all over too soon, and I was unstrapped from my ankles and taken over to my friends. We all join in a huge group hug and say how much we love each other. I back out from it and record the love fest, smiling at the amazing brotherly bond they all shared. It made my heart soar to the heavens.
 
I was working with people I knew I could call my friends for the rest of my life.
 

 

Hello my lovely readers <3 I decided to update in honor of VIXX's comeback. Is it fair to say that Leo is literally the iest piece of man I have ever seen in my life? His red hair is just...unff. Aigo, we have a fandom name and color! The color is a navy-ish blue and our fandom name is ST☆RLIGHT! I can't explain how happy I am with our handsome men that are growing in the KPOP world. VIXX FIGHTING <3