Chapter 5

The Doctors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  Though it was their first day as housemen, they had already started out working like how they were supposed to in the profession. Tiffany sat by the computer at the counter of the neurology ward, going through files by files. Her eyes never once did shut. As for Leeteuk, he pushed the trolley of files ward to ward, checking each file before slotting them into the right places—he certainly did not want to be blacklisted.

  It was soon 2 in the afternoon as Leeteuk slumped onto the armchair in the lounge. Tiffany was rushing, unlike him. Handing over a cup of instant noodles, she reminded him of the nightmare. They only had a 15-minutes lunch break.

  He reluctantly took his seat at the meeting table as the other housemen started to come in. Taeyeon spoke first, with her hands in her pocket, "Hey, we agreed to meet for lunch didn't we?" Donghae interrupted her. "Let me introduce first. Here we have the boss of orthopedics, Nickhun. He is in his final year already. Treated us to lunch," Nickhun laughed as he shook hands with Tiffany and Leeteuk. "That's loaded with sodium by the way," he pointed to the cup noodles. Leeteuk sighed at his predicament and lamented about how it was his first break of the day.

  "Which department are you guys from? You all look so worn out," Nickhun asked. "Neurosurgery," Tiffany replied. Drifting his vision away from Tiffany, Nickhun let out a smile, "Oh, so you guys are under Yonghwa. No wonder." 

  "What? So his ersion is well known?" Leeteuk asked desperately. Nickhun refused to answer his question but wished them good luck, adding on that they had only ten minutes left. With that, he left the housemen gossiping in the lounge. 

  "Did you see that?" Taeyeon asked. "Yea obviously, he's hot," Heechul replied. That earned a smack from the girl. "Crazy! No, not that. He's covered in designer's labels!" Eunhyuk could not help but nod in agreement.

  "You can tell from his generosity. He treated all of us to lunch!" Donghae said. 

  "Why? You guys are in heaven, while I am stuck in hell! Why can't I have another boss?" He screamed in frustration, looking straight into Tiffany's eyes. "Well, is he really that bad? In theory, I should be busier than you are." Taeyeon questioned, she has just yet too see the powers of Jung Yonghwa and his ersion.

  "He likes picking on me. I chatted for a while and I got scolded. And then when I couldn't draw blood, it was my fault again. It's not even our job as doctors to draw blood from patients!"

  Two more people in white coats stepped into the lounge. "What a crowd," Minho commented. Leeteuk on the other hand, was more interested in Seohyun. "Taeyeon, do you remember our senior here? She was our facilitator in our orientation camp!" 

  Seohyun closed her eyes and frowned slightly, and then opening her eyes, causing the boy in front of her to cheer in victory when she announced that she remembers him. Minho rushed him back to his seat for his lunch as he scurried back, sighing again for the umpteenth time.

  "And I heard that Jung Yonghwa has an operation in the afternoon. He is not yet a specialist, but the Director entrusts him with a great deal of operations. He is well known for his operating skills," Minho told everyone, making eye contact while attempting to remember their names. 

  Seohyun crossed her arms, "You'll k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter