Chapter 1

The Doctors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  "Aunty Park, have you prepared my uniform? I am running late!" The young lady shouted down the hallway to her maid, while munching her breakfast. "Coming coming!" Aunty Park handed the young lady her white, ironed uniform. The young lady headed towards the door, turned the knob and closed the door behind her. Realising she forgot something, she opened the door again, glad to see her maid standing there, sulking. She gave the 60-year old lady a peck on the cheek, thanked her and left for work.

  Leaving her uniform in the back seat of her car and her reference book with her laptop in the passenger seat, she set off for her work. Not long after, her phone flashed a caller ID, 'Daddy'. She switched her earpiece on and heard her father's voice over the phone.

"Good Morning Daddy!" She chirped like a little kid, so excitedly.

"Good Morning. Leaving so early for work this morning?"

"Yup. This is the first day I am working in this hospital." She said, with a smile on her face.

"But it is not the first day you are a doctor, is it? It is already your third year in Surgery."

"Yes daddy, this hospital is different from the first two hospitals I was working in though..."

"Fine. Take care then."

  After hanging up, the young lady found herself stuck in a traffic jam. She made use of the time and picked up her book up from the passenger seat and started to revise what she had read the previous night. Little did she know what had happened on the road ahead of her.

  It was chaos.

"I only hit him a little! And it wasn't on purpose! It was an accident!"

"Son! Wake up!"

  The passer-by took the pulse rate of the boy.

"Kid, answer me! Can you hear me?"

  The little boy slowly opened his eyes, squinting at the glaring Sun. His mother let out squeals of joy and relief.

  The passer-by asked, "

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter