Chapter 4

Messy Business Deals

Mi-Young POV

I hear Xue Jing jumping up and down about this cute boy called Kris and he is apparently a heir to a company. She thinks she could convince appa to let her marry this guy instead. Lucky her, finding love so quickly. I'm too busy trying to find a nice outfit to wear to the lunch tomorrow. I hear yelling and I quietly eavesdrop on the conversation.

"You can't marry him! Just because he is an heir, doesn't mean he'll want to marry you, and his company might be linked to the Wus!"

"But appa, he's so nice and polite, give him a chance!"

"No buts, it's been settled who you have to marry! Go to your room and don't come back till you start thinking clearly!" I watched Xue Jing storm past me. I notice that appa has been rubbing his neck an awful lot.

"Does your neck hurt?" He tries to nod, but I motion him to sit down. I gently massage appa's neck.

"I'm sorry princess. I don't mean to make your lives horrible, but it's for the best. They are very nice boys and I'm sure you'll grow to be friends with them at least." 

I nod, I hope they are nice and not arrogant and cocky. I hear Xue Jing come down the stairs and apologises to appa and appa forgives her. He understands our frustration.

 

The next morning

I put on a nice white lace dress, while Xue Jing wears a red dress, it's one of the few times she'll be wearing a dress. She looks really pretty, she could fool any man into believing that she is sweet and demure. We both take a deep breath, before entering the family limousine. I wonder who they are and more importantly, what they are like.

---------------------------------------------------------

They will be meeting the suitors soon XD