Yongguk

Sound of Rain

There are many kinds of love in the world. Some angsty, some lovely, some full of cute moments, some the perfect kind of romance that never actually happens and all of those were lies that will end up in breakups and many more. I wouldn't consider mine as any of those because mine was more like a drama from the olden days. A black and white film if you will.

 

Okay I lied. That sounded so cliche, I was wondering why did I even have the thought of wording it like that. Ughh, my hairs are standing at their ends now.

Now but seriously, we were like in a black and white film a la Charlie Choplin. No words exchanged between us, more like me talking to her and just waiting for her replies. A monolauge? Yeah, somewhat like that. But her actions spoke more than words though, so I wonder if I should pick up the habit of speaking with my actions.

Being cliche as it is, we met on a rainy day. Apparently she was waiting for her husband Daehyun (which happens to be my boss - my new boss anyway) under a red umbrella, watching the cars go by and wondering when the hell will he be here. I looked behind through my mirror at Daehyun, and he merely smiled and told me to wait.

"But the Lady is waiting and its cold-" I protested

"Leave her. I like to watch her from far." He brushed me off.

After 2 minutes (I counted, we were supposed to reach back to the Jung residence by 5, Mrs Jung's orders. Down to 23 minutes to get there) he told me to drive up. I did and handed him an umbrella. He took it and got out of the car, waving to her and crossing the road.

And this is were I hit you all with clicheness again.

A slippery road on a rainy day, blur people with blur eyes who couldn't see the road properly over the screen wipers and couldn't direct their sterring wheels properly, people who couldn't wait patiently for the green light to cross the road.

So it happened. I saw him fly and go down on the road, I saw her eyes grow big with shock, I saw her loosening her grip and the red umbrella falling to the road, I saw open but no scream came out. My blood ran cold for a second and I quickly dashed out the car, running to Daehyun who was now on the road spluttering rain or blood, I couldn't tell.

He didn't look at me, but he told me to get the Lady to safety. I was torn between him and her, and I decided to haul him into the car and quickly get him to the hospital. I beckoned her to follow suit but she was too shocked to move. So I hauled her into the car with just a tad bit of gentleness and quickly drove to the hospital. I didn't care about the police and red lights. I called Mrs Jung on the way there as well. She panicked and yelled for a Mr Jongup and the call was cut. I threw the phone to a corner and concentrated on getting all of us there.

We burst into the hospital with Daehyun behind me, face half covered with his own blood. The nurse didn't bat an eyelash and asked me what happened. The Lady gave me a look so I said "He was knocked over by a car 13 minutes ago. Flew away and landed on the road. Looks like his head's broken somewhere."

"Whether or not his head is broken is not for you to say sir. Put him on that stretcher, we'll attend to him immediately." She said calmly and waved me away to the stretcher that some other nurses pushed out. Once he was on the stretcher Daehyun grabbed on to the Lady's hand tightly. She held his hand as well, and a look of worry and lost was painted on her face. "Don't worry." He mouthed and they pushed him in the emergency room.

I led her to a chair and helped her sit down. I whipped out a handkerchief and helped her wipe of the rain water. She looked up, took the handkerchief from me and smiled, wiping her face slightly and passing it back to me.

"But my lady. You're soaked."

She shook her head.

Mrs Jung came bursting through the door at 5 oclock sharp, with this guy whom I assumed was Jongup (which I knew later I was correct) and raced over to our side. I bowed slightly and she waved me off. "How's he?"

"They're trying their best Mrs Jung. He's in the emergency room." I replied.

"How did this happen?" She looked like she was going to faint and Jongup held on to her, patting her shoulder.

"He wanted to pick up the lady so....." I found my voice growing softer and softer as I finished my sentence. Mrs Jung then whipped around to glare at her.

"You!" She pointed a finger. "I knew you shouldn't have married Daehyun!"

"But Mrs Jung," Jongup said. "you were the one that took her in to marry him."

"The heavens was trying to tell me not to! Why do you think it didn't go as planned? Why do you think they got married later? The heavens were trying to tell me!" She burst into tears and Jongup lead her to a chair so that she could lean on his shoulder and cry. I looked at the lady and she herself was crying silent tears. I had a little inner debate with myself, and I walked over to her and gave her a distant hug.

After what seemed like forever (the clock hanging on the wall was broken) the red light turned off with a 'ding'. I helped the lady to her feet and we all moved in to ask the doctor about Daehyun's condition.

"He broke his skull a little, thankfully it wasn't shattered. He has a slight concussion so he might forget some things. For now his condition isn't life threatening but we still need to observe him for a week or two."

"Thank you doc." Mrs Jung said, throwing a glare at the lady and telling Jongup to bring her to see Daehyun.

"What do we do now?" I asked the lady. She looked at me, the sadness still in her eyes and walked out. I had another inner debate with myself and decided to follow her out.

She walked around aimlessly, red sneakers (why was she wearing sneakers under her dress?) squelching in the puddles of water. The rain stopped, but the clouds still hug low so the sky was a dull grey colour. Kind of moody but I liked the cool wind blowing.

I got a text from an unknown number. I was hesitant to open it, but then I thought who else would have my number besides the household, so I did open it. It was from that Mr Jongup. He asked of our location and how was the lady doing. I replied him that we were wandering aimlessly, she looks sad and I was watching her. I also asked him how was Mrs Jung and Daehyun doing. He didn't reply me but sent me a number. 405. I guess that was his room number.

I put away my phone and looked up, seeing the lady standing infront of me with questioning eyes. "Mr Jongup sent me his room number. He also asked for our location. Would you like to see him?" She nodded, so I waited for her to move, but she didn't. I looked at her again, she waved her hand. I walked first, and when I heard footsteps behind me I knew she wanted me to walk first. I wondered why.

I led her upstairs to room 405. Opening the door I saw Mr Jongup standing beside the door, amrs crossed over his chest and Mrs Jung sitting beside the bed Daehyun was lying in, her hands holding on to his pale one. Mr Jongup nodded at me and I nodded back, not sure of what to do. The lady sat at the couch at the corner, watching them but not going close.

"Yongguk." Mrs Jung called me. I nearly jumped out of my skin.

"Yes Mrs Jung."

"I'll go now to check on some things. Jongup will send me and he'll come back to discuss with you."

"Discuss......what?" I asked

"I'll go now." She didn't answer me but walked out the room, Jongup politely opening the door for her and following after. I decided not to ask.

A rich household with the old lady holding everything in her palm. Even though Daehyun looked like he was the one in control, we all knew that Mrs Jung called the shots. No one asked how was Mr Jongup related, I guessed they all knew and didn't bother to explain to the new ones coming in. The Lady was a silent lady, she never spoke. I guess her parents taught her "Girls are meant to be seen, not heard." I also learnt that we aren't supposed to question, because it might lead to us not seeing the daylight ever again.

After Mrs Jung left the Lady stood up and walked over to Daehyun's side, touching his hand lightly and delicately. I thought that Daehyun was a very lucky man to have such a loving wife, but she looked so sad, and so guilty. As if she blamed it all on herself. Well, Mrs Jung did and well, its because she needed to blame it on someone so that she doesn't go crazy.

"Don't worry my lady, he'll be fine." I said to her for no reason. She didn't reply me, nor did she turn to look at me.

Come to the cafe. Bring her if she wants to come.

Does that mean it's not required for her presense?

Mr Jongup didn't reply. I took a look at the lady, and she didn't seem to move. I informed her of my leave and got a slight nod. I my heel and walked out the door, thinking of the lady and Daehyun.

When I got to said cafe, I spotted Mr Jongup easily as he was the only one wearing a thick coat in the whole cafe. I took the seat that I was offered and waited for him to speak. He didn't. He continued to stare at something, maybe he was staring into space, maybe another universe.

"The Lady didn't want to follow." I told him. He nodded.

"She wouldn't."

"May I ask why?" I asked

"Do I want to tell you?" He asked me back. I was hesitant, but I really wanted to know.

"Please tell me."

"There was a family of wild rabbits living somewhere. A young green one and his mother that didn't belong joined that family. The young green one then made friends with the family's young grey one. They were great friends, playing together everyday. The mother was soon accepted into the family along with the little rabbit because they were helpful. The young ones shared a room."

"Soon, they grew up. The family's child wanted to mate. He saw a beautiful bunny passing by, and he fell in love with her. The green rabbit wanted to warn the grey rabbit, for he knew that the beautiful bunny wasn't what he deserved. The grey rabbit didn't listen, he got hurt, he cried on the green rabbit's shoulder. The green rabbit was happy, he thought he could play forever with the grey rabbit."

"Then came another bunny. This bunny was different. She wasn't a perfect bunny, nobody knew where she came from. Grey rabbit's mom found her somewhere and brought her in, deciding that grey rabbit would mate with this bunny. Green rabbit was sad. Grey rabbit took no notice."

"And grey rabbit was shot." I continued.

"Don't jump into conclusions!" Mr Jongup snapped. "Grey rabbit was sick, they all knew. They lay him down and waited for him to wake up, open his eyes and hop around again."

"What if it doesn't?"

"It will, because green rabbit believes so."

"And the bunny?"

"The bunny knew what green rabbit felt for grey rabbit." Mr Jongup crossed his arms. "The bunny didn't mind though, which angered the green rabbit because grey rabbit belonged to him, not some other random bunny."

"I see."

"You see." Mr Jongup stood up. I stood up as well. "Take her away. I'll give you the money, you leave with her. I'll take care of Mrs Jung."

"And Daehyun?"

"Grey rabbit belongs to green rabbit." He smiled.

".........yes Mr Jongup."

"And you never call him Mr Daehyun." Mr Jongup said. I didn't know whether was I supposed to reply because he told me not to or not, so I kept quiet.

"Go now." He told me. I went back to the hospital.

Opening the door, I found the lady in the same position as I left her. I reached out my hand and told her that we should go. She didn't look terrified, like this wasn't a shock to her at all. She looked at me and nodded, putting her hand on mine. I lead her out to the door, but before she stepped foot out she turned back and started crying, wanting to run to Daehyun, who laid unmoving on the bed. I held on to her arms from the back, blinking my eyes to prevent the tears that were collecting for no reason from falling. She grew weaker by the second, so I carried her out the room. I looked back as well, saying a silent goodbye to Daehyun.

If I looked closely, I could have seen a tear fall out of his closed eyes.

 


like ughh finally this is finished *throws self on the ground*

i honestly cant believe i took a whole freaking year to finish 6 measly chapters. i mean, that procrastination level is so high i dont even know anymore. what the hell seriously, me *hits self in face*

anyways

hope y'all enjoyed this, leave some comments (although currently aff doesn't let me leave comments i dont know whether you have the same problem or not) and opinions and maybe your questions. and yes this is the ending i have no idea what happens to yongguk and the lady, its up to your imagination.

she has no name as well. or does she?

and jongup makes me cry

zqPt5.jpg

yay tigger