Daehyun

Sound of Rain

Actually to say the truth, falling in love with someone you met for the first time seems absurd right?

I was thinking that I'd hate her from breaking me away from Hyosung, I was thinking I'd hold a huge grudge on her and bully her, I was thinking of running away with Jongup. But no, I fell in love with her.

It's all stupid actually.

 

It came without warning. Mom just called me in, pulled her out from behind somewhere, or maybe I missed her when I walked into the room, and said really bluntly to me. "You're getting married."

I said okay, because I wasn't in the mood to argue with her about Hyosung anymore. She never did approve of Hyosung, I have no idea why. Jongup had suggested to me that it might be jealousy but I don't see what can my mom be jealous over about my girlfriend. I gave a nod to her and went back to my room, pouncing on the forgotten book.

She moved quietly to the bed opposite mine and sat down, looking around. She then looked out the window, observed the pattern on the cupboards, then she walked to my desk. That's when I flipped.

I grabbed her wrist and turned her around, asking her why did she look at my stuff without asking.

"You really think we're getting married?! We're just faking this! You have no right to interfere with my life!"

She kept quiet.

"Why? Nothing to say? Can't fight back? You'll complain to mom later on right? All you know how to do is complain and wait for things to get done for you, not fighting for yourself!" I yelled at her. I didn't know whether was those words to myself, or whether I was scolding myself. I released her hand and stormed out my room.

 

I grabbed my phone and a nearby jacket and pushed past everyone, going out. I knew where I wanted to go, I always went there. Hyosung's place, Hyosung's house, Hyosung's embrace. I wanted to go there, where no one'll blame me for anything, where I'll be comforted, even though I was wrong. My feet took me to the familar street and I found myself infront of the white door knocking.

She opened the door seconds later. The look on her face says that she suprised to see me, very suprised.

"Daehyun ahh." She said, closing the gap smaller I could only see her face.

"Hyosung ahh. Let me in." I put my hand on the door and pushed. She pushed it back close.

"Uhh. Let me clear up a little first okay?"

"Okay. Make it fast please." I said, crossing my arms and waiting. She shut the door quickly and I heard footsteps shuffling about in the house. I heard some bottles rolling on the floor and a chuckle that sounded too deep to be Hyosung's voice.

I pushed the door open. I swore, the scene was more heartbreaking than whatever I've been through. It felt like I got struck by lighting and was knocked over by a truck and crushed by a tank. Maybe worse, but that was sort of what I felt. Hyosung was in the arms of a man, a half dressed man at that. His head was dipped low at her neck while she tried to push him away.

"D-daehyun ahh. Daehyun ahh listen to me!" Hyosung yelled, pushing him away and running towards me. I slammed the door shut and locked it from the outside with the extra key I had. Pulling on the knob I leaned against the door, rolling my lips between my teeth.

"I'm going to pretend that I never came today. I'm going to pretend I never saw anything. I'm going to pretend that we never happened." I told Hyosung on the other side of the door.

"Daehyun ahh listen to me. It's not what you think-"

"What is it? I'm your boyfriend and I walk in seeing you in the arms of another man! No explaination is needed!"

"It's not that-"

"Did you think I was dumb so that you could fool me like this?"

"Daehyun ahh. Listen-"

"I came to you for comfort! You have no right to ask me to listen! I don't want to!" I slid down the door, hitting my the back of my head hard against the door. "I don't want to listen. I don't want to!"

"Then don't. It's exactly what you see." The man's voice said from inside. I heard Hyosung yelling something at him but I didn't care anymore. I left her doorstep and walked aimelessly, kicking the pebble around my legs and hung my head low. Drips of tears fell on the road and mixed with the drizzling rainwater that was falling over my head.

"Are you pitying me and crying with me?" I looked up and asked the heavens. They seemed to respond with a clap of thunder and heavier rain. "I'll take that as a yes."

I walked and walked for miles. And when I finally lifted my head, I didn't know where I was. It seemed that I strolled too far away. Digging my hands into my pockets I found only my phone, nothing else. I sighed and sat on the sidewalk, letting the rain drench me and hit me on the face.

"Daehyun ahh." The rain suddenly stopped. I looked up and saw Jongup with a red umbrella over my head. He squated down to the same eye level as me and was careful to put the umbrella little more over to my side.

"Jonguppie." I choked his name out

"Yes, I'm Jonguppie. You might want to cry in the car, it's getting heavier now and you're wet. You'll get sick." Jongup said and tried to pull me up by my arm but I refused.

"I'll get sick? Who cares? Hyosung doesn't. Mom doesn't. No one does." I said, mind going blank. He folded the umbrella up and forcefully carried me into the car parked nearby. I was flung into the passenger's seat while he slipped into the driver's seat.

"I care, idiot." He said, I hummed in response.

"Want to tell what happened?"

"No."

"Want to go home?"

"No."

"Wanna hang around in the car, maybe a cup of coffee or tea?"

"Yeah. Coffee please."

At these times I was really grateful that Jonguppie was always with me by my side. Although he's ahjumma's son, he usually stays over at our house, and he's really helpful around the house. Mom said he's like my guardian to keep me away from danger. I didn't understand it at first, but now I know what she meant. I realized everything mom said was right.

"Jongup ahh."

"I followed you from the moment you stepped out the house." He said mindlessly, drinking his cup of ice blended mocha. I nodded and looked out the window, sipping my hot mocha through the straw. I blinked my eyes hard a few times because they were dry from my crying just now.

"Fine?" He asked

"Fine." I replied

"Cry?" He asked again

"Cried." I replied.

He took us around town, driving aimlessly. For the first time, getting stuck in a traffic jam wasn't that bad after all.

 

Thing were different after the breakup with Hyosung. The silent girl was very supportive of me. She somehow knew everything, I think Mom told her. She cleaned out everything that was related to Hyosung out and replaced them with new decorations. Usually I'll be mad, because not even Jongup was allowed to touch my things. But I just thanked her. That was when I saw her smile.

It literally lit up my whole life that very minute she did. I couldn't explain it, it was even brighter than any gummy smile Hyosung shot me and I felt like everything was better for no reason. I smiled as well.

I asked her to join Jongup and I everytime we went out then. Jongup said he didn't mind and made some space for her always. Mom was happy that I was talking to her. I told her I never knew that she was so nice so before and I changed. She just nodded knowingly and went along.

I told her I liked her then. I didnt expect an answer, but she nodded. So I asked her whether did she like me as well. She nodded.

"Be my girlfriend?" I asked. She nodded

"Be my wife?" I asked again with a grin. She nodded hesitantly

"Do you know what you were originally here for?" Jongup asked from the bed, asking her. She nodded and pointed at me. He nodded as well. "So it isn't a choice."

So we dated. Jongup tagged along most of the time. His reason was that he had nothing to do at home. I wanted to ask him to leave us alone, but she stopped me and shook her head. I sat back down and kicked him under the table. He glarred at me with anger and something else, but I didn't pay attention to him. I looked back at her and smiled.

On the day we got married Mom nudged me with a grin on her face. She was happy that her original arrangement actually happened although there was some disturbance in the process. But it was okay, as long as we reached there. 


crappy ending is crappy.
Shoot me. Jongup's is better I swear
Plus what's with all the drama at Hyo's house what was i thinking OTL
Anyway. Daedae's line in Rain Sound is hidden somewhere. if you get it *claps*

bonus Daedae pic cuz i love him so much

Daehyun_zps5c4e8f50.gif