Jongup

Sound of Rain

Daehyun is stupid.

Daehyun was stupid.

Daehyun will forever be stupid.

That's what Jongup thinks.

That's what Jongup will think forever.

Until Daehyun stops his stupidity.

 

Jongup was taken in along with his mother into the Jung's. They were kind to allow him to come along with his mother when she came to clean their house, as they had no one to look after little Jongup. He did say that he was old enough and could do well without any adult's watch, but Mrs Jung wanted Jongup to come over for another reason.

So that Daehyun could open up to people.

Jongup learnt that the hard way.

When he first came into Daehyun's room, he was thrown at with various soft toys. When a frightened Daehyun ran out of soft toys, he grabbed his toy train and flung it at Jongup, yelling at him to go away. Jongup didn't dodge it, and it hit him on his temple. Daehyun was yelling and crying, beging Jongup to go away as if he was a monster than was going to eat Daehyun up.

Jongup stood at the door with no movement, wondering why was he willing to get hit by that kid over there. He wasn't the best kid, he had no manners, he was yelling. What amazed Jongup was that Daehyun wasn't scolded by his mom, instead she was comforting him. When Jongup whined, not cried but just whined Mrs Moon gave him a spech about being a good boy, so he never did whine.

Mrs Jung never forced Jongup to go play with Daehyun from that day on. Jongup did try his best to stay close to Daehyun. Although Mrs Jung told him alot of times that he didn't need to, he told her that he was bored anyway and wanted to play with Daehyun. Mrs Jung nodded with worried eyes.

Whenever Daehyun was watching TV or taking his meals, Jongup would always be around with him. He would sit silently beside him, sometimes inching closer now that Daehyun wasn't so afraid of him. Daehyun would give him a glare, but Jongup didn't mind. At least he acknowledged him.

Jongup helped him with his homework as well. He listened well when the teacher taught Daehyun. He sat with him in the study as the teacher taught them everything they needed to know at that age. Instead of half dozing of like Daehyun, Jongup listened attentively. He'd do his homework and check on Daehyun's. When Daehyun whined about not understanding, Jongup'll pull him down on his chair and teach him with his simple words.

As they grew older, Jongup realized that Daehyun came back late often. Now that Mrs Jung moved to a bigger house, Mrs Moon and him moved into one of the smaller rooms, staying together with them. Mrs Moon still cleaned the house, keeping Mrs Jung company and sometimes gossiping about the neighbourhood. It was easy to notice that Daehyun came back just a few minutes before midnight, a weird smile on his face.

There was something tugging at Jongup's heart when he saw Daehyun smile. It was something he never felt before and he hated it. Daehyun would still study with him, but he was less focused. He would pull out his phone every few minutes and smile at it like an idiot. It was a smile that Jongup never seen before. And the same feeling tugged at his heart again.

Jongup finally decided to ask Daehyun about it, because it didn't feel good when he was with Daehyun while Daehyun's mind was somewhere else. He grabbed Daehyun's phone and hid it behind him, demanding that Daehyun tell him what happened to him lately.

Daehyun sighed and smiled. He told Jongup everything. He had a girlfriend, her name's Hyosung. She was awesome, hot, cute, all the good terms mixed into one. Daehyun said she was shy at first but now she was the craziest person he's ever met. He said they've been dating for 2 months already, and they were going strong. He said she even introduced him to her family already, and her brothers were really nice. He told Jongup that he should bring him to meet her one day, and Jongup agreed to it.

Honestly, he didn't know why he even agreed. What was so good about her? Jongup couldn't understand why his heart felt like it's been stabbed when Daehyun talked about her. She seemed like any other person in the world, probably in every other book. He wanted to see how great she was, that's why he agreed. Yes, that's why.

The meeting didn't go very well in Jongup's opinion. They met in a restaurant and ordered grilled meat so they could eat other instead of having their own plate. All the while Jongup just starred at Hyosung and the meat, and he couldn't see what was so special about her. Maybe it was her hair, maybe it was her clothes. Daehyun grilled meat for her, fed her even, refilled her cup of tea and talked to her. Jongup just drank his tea and looked at them talk. Sure, once in a while she'd ask a question about Jongup, but he didn't even bother to reply her. She'd pout and Daehyun'd say something to make her laugh. He never did that to Jongup.

Jongup quickly finished his cup of tea and excused himself, hoping that Daehyun would follow him out. But no, he never came out. Feeling knocked by a car, he walked into Daehyun's favourite cafe and ordered two cups of coffee automatically. Realizing what he had done, he just sighed and paid for it.

He never actually drank the coffee he bought. He brought both cups home and gave them to Mrs Jung and Mrs Moon, who gladly drank it. They thanked him and pat him on his head, but even that didn't make him feel better. He just sat at the kitchen table all day, starring into space with the two empty cups infront of him.

He snapped back when Daehyun came walking through the door, that smile on his face again. Jongup wanted to yell at him, Jongup wanted to slap him, Jongup wanted to throw his phone away, but he just starred at him. Daehyun sat opposite him excitedly and told him about their day together after he left. He said she said it was better that he left, because it was awkward when he was there watching them. Jongup just nodded. Daehyun then told him they went for a movie and argued about it because he wanted to watch the latest action movie while she wanted to watch a melodrama. He ended up giving in because that's what a man should do, he said. Jongup smiled and suggested they watch the action movie together later on, and Daehyun agreed happily. He caught sight of the empty cups and teased Jongup for buying two cups. He then went upstairs, replying to a text from her with his silly grin.

Jongup wanted to tear his hair out and cry into his pillow so badly that night.

When the day came of their promise to catch the movie, Jongup was unusually giddy. He got up extra early to wash and take his breakfast, making some for Daehyun as well. He asked Mrs Moon for advice on clothes for the first time, and Mrs Moon chuckled at him. He wore his best striped shirt and jeans and waited for Daehyun downstairs, breakfast all set on the table. Mrs Jung for being like a young school boy in love and he just smiled.

Finally when Daehyun appeared, he didn't come from upstairs. Instead, he came walking in from the door, drowziness in his eyes as he dragged himself in and flung himself onto the sofa. Jongup quickly walked over and reminded him of the movie they promised, hoping that he'll pick himself up and wash up so that they could go. Jongup didn't care where he was last night or what he did, as long as he fufilled his promise.

But Daehyun was an idiot. He told Jongup he didn't want to go for the movie, he told Jongup he was at Hyosung's place last night, he told Jongup he was tired. Jongup nodded and told him he could sleep in the cinema, as long as he was there with him. But he refused and just lay there whining again. Jongup felt the same urge to pull his hair again, and he stormed out the house, grabbing the tickets and leaving to the cinema himself.

He bought a large coke and sat in his seat, feeling lonely without someone both on his left and right. He opted to move to the right seat, but it felt colder there. Damn Daehyun for telling him to buy a couple seat at the side. Damn him because he never followed. Damn him for breaking his promise. Damn him for leaving him alone.

He never actually paid attention to the movie, as his mind was all the way back at home. He thought what Mrs Jung said. A young boy in love. Was he really in love? Did he have the same expressions as Daehyun had? He was sure he didn't grin like an idiot all the time. He didn't hold on to his phone as if it was his life. He didn't burst out laughing out of nowhere. But all those hurt that he felt, the feeling of being knocked by a car, was it because of love? Yes, he thought he was. Grabbing his coke, he left the cinema halfway through the movie and went home.

It was never an easy task to face Daehyun normally again. He'd think to himself, he'd ask himself so many times whether was that really love or not. He concluded with a yes, because he felt happy when he was with Daehyun. It was a different kind of happy, and nobody could make him feel that way. Not even Mrs Moon. But it hurt alot sitting beside him. Sure, Jongup was with Daehyun, but Daehyun was looking at his phone and laughing. It felt like Jongup was invisible and he was watching all of these.

Then the fights came. Jongup didn't know why, but Daehyun dragged Jongup in his room and hugged him. He didn't say anything neither did Jongup. Daehyun just hugged Jongup tight, pressing Jongup's back against the wall. Jongup put his hand on Daehyun's back, patting him lightly as he felt tears on his shirt. Jongup hugged back when he could, because never would he have the chance again.

When Daehyun calmed down he told everything to Jongup. About Hyosung being with another guy, about Hyosung not replying his texts, about Hyosung always complaining. Jongup thought that it was ironic how Daehyun was complaining about her complaining. Daehyun then said Hyosung scolded him for being to clingy, and asked him whether was it really that day. Jongup said no, he was not. Daehyun also said that Hyosung apologized and promised not to talk to much to another guy again, and he agreed. Jongup listened and nodded.

Even when Mrs Jung did not approve of Hyosung, Jongup was there to comfort him. Jongup was always there, Daehyun just took him forgranted. Mrs Jung took in a girl and told Daehyun that he had to marry her, and that gave a whole new place to stab in Jongup's heart. He watched as he fled out, he followed. Jongup watched as he went to her place. He watched him crying along with the rain. It felt like Jongup's heart was going to rip into two.

Jongup hauled him into the car and drove around, calming Daehyun's and his heart. Daehyun thanked him later on, saying that he never realized how important he was until today. Jongup nodded, the wound healing a little at the word of thanks. He thought that since Hyosung and him were over, he wouldn't have those pain again.

Boy was he wrong.

There was something about that new girl that didn't talk. Something Jongup couldn't understand either although he sort of liked her. She was quiet and observant, sometimes passing Jongup the things he needed when he was fixing something. She'd sit beside him silently when he read a book, probably reading a passage or two as well. Jongup enjoyed her quiet company.

He and Daehyun soon found out that she actually couldn't speak. it was not that she didn't want to, her previous dad cut off her tongue. That was what Mrs Jung said, and the two boys decided in silence not to question that part. Jongup spoke to her more since then and made sure he looked at her when he spoke. She'd smile and nod and sometimes shake her head when she didn't agree.

That was when Jongup had a new stab in the heart. Daehyun took a liking to her as well. What's worse that it was the same kind of liking to Hyosung as well, different in how they came to like each other, but the result was the same. They dated. Jongup felt like his heart was stabbed at two places at once. One in the old Hyosung wound, one in the new wound.

They got married quickly. Mrs Jung was the one rushing everything and making sure everything was perfect and was where it was supposed to me. And that included Jongup not interupting the wedding with some made promise that wasn't known to Daehyun. Mrs Jung took her in to be with Daehyun from the start, why would she hesitate and procrastinate on the wedding? Jongup smiled all day, feeling that his cheeks were about to freeze themselves in that position. Daehyun didn't see the light in Jongup's eyes. He didn't see the tiredness in Jongup's smiling face. He didn't see how Jongup held back chokes and tears.

She confronted him once, noticing that something was wrong with him. Obviously, he didn't look comfortable, but Daehyun dismissed that easily. She took an old exercise book and a few pens and wrote. Jongup was hesitant to tell her at first. She was after all the wife to his crush. But after some inner debating and fighting, he did tell her. Because there was no one else to tell at the end of the day. And Jongup felt lonely.

He told her alot of things. How they grew up together, how Daehyun used to date Hyosung, how he tagged along like an awkward friend, how he helped Daehyun when he was heartbroken only to be stabbed at the healing wound. Silent tears rolled down his cheeks, and he didn't bother to wipe them away. Because he should cry everything out, no one would listen to him anymore. Not Mrs Moon, not Mrs Jung. Most importantly, not Daehyun. There was no point in holding it in anymore.

She nodded and hugged him, letting him cry in her embrace. Tears wet the front of her clothes but that was irrelavant, because Jongup cried to his heart's intent in his crush's wife's arms. How weird that sounded.

Jongup took off first thing every morning then. He'd go alone to that cafe that he always went. He'd order a cup of coffee, not two like he usually would. He'd then buy two, one for her and one for him. After leaving them on the table, he'd walk alone. Aimlessly, on the streets. Only shadows are left.

And Daehyun never watched that movie with Jongup.


cries imagine Uppie not smiling =[
Plus info. This was written before I knew they're having a comeback with a track named "Coffee Shop"
And look at all those coffee they drink
......................I think im secretly a witch
Plus Himchannie will love their song.
Cuz its coffee and he likes americano.....

 

Uppie's line is hidden somewhere really obvious. Well cuz precious puppy only has one ><""
Does puppy uppie look like channie during the warrior days?
Cuz i dont think so.

JongUp35.jpg