Youngjae

Sound of Rain

I remember when I first met her.

She was fragile, small, skinny, weak, and so breakable.

She refused to speak everytime I asked her something. In the end I had to drag her back to my home.

She was dripping wet. I pushed her into the bathroom and threw a bathrobe and a towel in.

"Wash up." I told her.

Few minutes later, she came out with the bathrobe around her little body, hair still dripping wet.

I asked her to sit on a chair while I took the towel to dry her her.

"Why were you in the rain?"

"....."

"What's your name?"

"....."

"Where do you stay?"

"......"

"Can you speak?"

"......"

I gave up asking after that. Even if she didn't answer me, I didn't feel mad. She was just scared of something, I thought.

Sure enough, my theory was right. Lighting flashed and thunder following right after. She jumped visibly in the chair and held her legs closer to herself.

I pulled her up from her chair and tucked her in bed, pulling the thick blanket over her. I put a pair of headphones and put some music to block out the thunder.

She relaxed a little and closed her eyes.

"Thank you." She mouthed.

 

The next morning someone burst into the room. I knocked my head on the cupboard and sat up straigth. Must have fallen asleep while looking after her last night.

That someone brought tons of other people behind him, all dressed in suits and sunglasses. She woke up and saw them. She looked annoyed.

"Do you, know them?" I asked her. As usual, she didn't answer me.

The men grabbed her by her arms and flung her over another's shoulder. They then marched out my house while she squirmed on his shoulder like a fish out of water

Who is she?

 

I was watching Running Man, all comfortable with a bowl of cereal on my lap when a knock came at the door. I thought it was just the kids next door pranking so I didn't bother to open the door.

The knock became pounding on the door. It cannot be the kids.

I stood up and opened the door. She was there, a desperate look in her eyes.

"You?"

She pushed past me and slammed the door. She pushed me away and ran into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

I didn't have the chance to ask anything because the next second, the same men in black with sunglasses came in.

"Did you see her?" He asked

"Her? Who?" I asked him

He whispered something into his wakie talkie and went out, apologizing for disturbance

After I made sure they were gone, I ran to the bathroom and knocked softly on the door.

She unlocked the door and opened it, looking down at her feet.

"You better tell me what I need to know." I scolded this stranger.

 

She searched around for a piece of paper and a pen. I took out a old unused excersice book and a marker and passed them to her.

What do you want to know. She wrote

"Why were you in the rain?"

Those people just now were my supposedly bodyguards. Appa doesnt want me to leave the house. I left because I didnt want to face any of them anymore

"You are?"

It doesnt matter

"Can you speak?"

She put the pen down and climbed into my bed.

I put the earphones over her ears and put the same song as last time.

"Is this rain the sound of your voice?"

 

When I woke up, she was not on my bed. Instead, a found the excersice book on the bed. She must have left...........

I took the excersice book and flipped it open. She finally wrote me what I wanted to know.

I'm not appa's daughter. I was bought by him and was going to be sold off for an amount of money. It was a lot of money, he said, for a girl that couldn't speak. He cut of my tounge so I didn't spread his bad doings to people. The night that you found me was when I was running away. I left you because I don't want you to be like me, I don't want you to be involved. You don't know what appa's men will do to you. If we have fate, let's meet again when you hear the sound of the rain.

I clenched the book tight. I didn't know whether it was fear, worry or relief that I felt. Probably all of them.

But despite all these feels, I wanted to see her again.

 

One day when I was heading back home after finishing my grocery shopping, I passed the little lane when I found her.

To my suprise, it started raining. A car passed and I saw her inside the car, all dressed up like a rich daughter. She saw me as well, and put her index finger to her lips.

"Is the rain the sound of your voice?" I asked myself

 


EEEKKK
I don't know, it's was kinda bad OTL
I kinda zz at this ><
Anyway, leave your opinion and/or comment?? =DD
*ppyong*