Why I loved was a man that taught me about true love

The Last

 

Why I loved was a man that taught me about true love

 

My relationship with Shinhwa Lee Minwoo was never really a relationship. There wasn’t really a love line in the way you expect. My love for him was actually in a different way.

 

I had known him for a while and got to see him enter his relationship with an actress. I witnessed the relationship grow bigger.

 

His relationship with Amy was one of the sweetest things in the world. They had the whole couple charm, which got quite sickening at times. Even though he was in a relationship he would always take me out for treats and our Oppa/Dongseng relationship carried on. However Amy had a problem with it.

 

His girlfriend complained about the amount of time we spent together. She was a really jealous and wouldn’t understand that we were nothing but brother and sister. I backed off and didn’t see him as much. I didn’t want to be responsible for the break up of their relationship, but about 2 months later they ended up breaking up anyway.

 

He told me they ended up breaking up because of lack of trust in him and her controlling manner. I still felt slightly responsible, I was one of the reasons she felt insecure. A couple of weeks after Amy bashed him in a interview ands it showed how childish she was. I still felt bad and spent lots of time with drinking soju, but it seemed that even though he did love her he realised she wasn’t good for him and she was over him.

 

He told me that love, True love is when you can’t go a moment without seeing them, when time stops because you’re together, when arguments don’t mean anything because there is a bond so strong that nothing can break that. He said he didn’t feel that with her, he had the first few weeks the honeymoon period of there relationship but that was it.

 

Time passed on and I saw him go on dates with many other women, he showed me the resilience of a heart. That even after it is broken or damaged it can still be fixed because life goes on.

 

I learnt that settling wasn’t love, that pain wasn’t love. That even though you had to give up things for love you shouldn’t be put in pain for it. I will forever be grateful to him.