When I loved was my first boyfriend in high school

The Last

 

When I loved was my first boyfriend in high school, along time before I ever even thought about moving to Korea.

 

Growing up in Seattle had been fun, it seemed like such a long time ago for me now. It was in Seattle that I developed my passion for dancing. I had a lot of male friends growing up. I was anything but a girly girl. I preferred the drama free company of men, and even when the girls in my class was falling in love with guys I saw them all as my brothers and the thought of doing anything more then hugging was gross to me.

 

I met him when I had to transfer schools when I was about your age. He was a dancer like me. A b boy, his passion for dancing fuelled my passion. He allowed me to see that I was talented I was and he became a driving force for me becoming a choreographer.

 

When my school was closed down I transferred to his school. He knew the guys who I went to school with before, they would always dance together somehow I naturally got thrown into the mix. As our relationship grew naturally my crush on him grew as well. The fact he was different to any guy I had ever met probably had something to do with that. He saw me as a girl rather then the guy the others seemed to see me as.

 

When he asked me to date him it was the first time I had ever been asked that. He became my first boyfriend and it was with him I had my first kiss.

 

Our first kiss had been something quite extraordinary, well to my young mind any way. He had slowly kissed me outside my house after he had walked me home from school. The kiss had been special to me, something unlike anything I had ever experienced and before any awkwardness could set in he made me laugh and the uncomfortable atmosphere between us was forgotten.

 

The relationship ended however when he auditioned to be a singer. And like with most cases of puppy love we both moved on and eventually forgot about each other getting wrapped up in our own lives. I met him years later and the sense of comfort came back but not that of love.

 

“O my God” I exclaimed in absolute shock. “Jay is that you?”

It had been many years since we had last seen each other, the last time being when we had all said goodbye to each other at the airport when he was leaving. At the time it had been a sad affair which had led me to go home and cry and eat loads of ice cream but now looking back the relationship was never that meaningful. But as a young girl the relationship meant more to me then anything had done in the whole world.

 

The time of our romance had passed, even though there was no denying when we were younger it was love. The idea and the expectations of love change as we get older. Even though we were never meant to be again there was no denying that when we were young our puppy love was true love.