.09

Fatal attraction

 

 

 

Woohyun POV

 

My driver was already waiting for me just as I went out from the building. As I was making my way to the car, my phone started to ring and I groaned in frustration, knowing well who the caller was. I left my phone to ring as I observed my surroundings. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be considering it was totally the opposite of my neighborhood. I continued walking to the car and being extra careful because the roads were slick. It had been raining a lot lately, but I’m not complaining, considering that winter was approaching. 


Stopping just before I reached the car, I stilled. I didn’t know why but I felt the need to turn around so I did. My eyes went up to her apartment and there I saw her, even though it was just her silhouette. I just stopped and stared. It’s strange how this woman I’d just knew for a short time brought so much curiosity in me. 


And then the glimpse of the tattoo I saw on her shoulder. It just probably covered part of her shoulder only or maybe all over her back but hell, just the thought of it was making me hot all over. I thought a woman with high heels and backless dress was y, but I didn’t know one would look even ier with a loose-fit pajamas and a pair of an old style glasses.

Someone who reads but had a tattoo on her back? That’s like the opposite of each other.

 

The ringing from my phone snapped me back from my ridiculous thoughts and I answered it as I opened the door and got in the car.

“You’re really annoying, do you know that?” 

Sunggyu laughed at the other line. “So how was it? Did you find out anything about her?”

My eyes started to feel heavy and I cursed at myself for drinking too much. “Shower her with anything that’s related to book and she will approve of your relationship in no time.”

“Books? Are you sure? Nothing else?”

He must have thought I was joking because let’s be real here; how many of you would rather be at home reading books on Friday’s night over being at a party especially when the closest club was just around the corner? 

But she did.
 

“Hyung, just believe in me. And now since I’ve done my job, you owe me that car.” My eyes went bigger despite my exhausted brain screaming for rest as I remembered what he had promised me.

 

 

 

 

 


Two days flew by in a blink of an eye. There were files that were needed to be completed all over my table as usual. Too much work but too little time. Sighing, I picked up the coffee and sipped it. Working in an office was fun but when something didn’t go the way you wanted it to be, suddenly you wished you’re at outside enjoying the fresh air instead of being stuck in this rectangular box for hours. 


My room was getting colder as time went by. Checking the heater, I’d just realized the damn thing was not working. 


“I thought I already asked for someone to fix this?”

I asked, without looking up at my secretary whom by the way, was doing afantastic job so far. She’s fast. That was what I liked the most about her.

“Someone did come by last week to repair it. I think it’s time to change it to a new one.”


The noises distracted me from my job and I looked up from my desk.

Oh hell.

There’s her backside facing me and her tight clad- skirt swaying swiftly as she tried to fix the heater that was obviously higher from her reach. My stomach clenched and I changed my position in order to release the tightness I felt on my pants. What was it with this woman? She wasn’t even wearing a short skirt to begin with and I was already affected by her. Damn it. And I didn’t think she even knew what she was doing to me right now because her face was nothing but serious. 


When she realized there was nothing she could do to make it work again, hopelessly, she gave up and I actually smiled when I saw the little pout that was formed on her lips. Clearing my throat, I reached for the phone and dialed the same crew from last week.

“I want this thing to be done by today. Make it work then. I’ll wait for them. Alright, thank you. I really appreciate that.”


Checking my watch, I realized the office hours would end in an hour and the crew would only arrive in two hours. I wouldn’t trust anyone to be inside my room so I had no choice other than having to wait for them by myself. Suddenly, the feeling of someone’s watching me stopped me from what I was doing and I looked up to see my secretary was still in my room and I forgot that I haven’t dismissed her. She looked at me and I watched as her eyelashes fluttered as she blinked rapidly while waiting for my next order. The innocent smile on her lips when I dismissed her left me loss at words as I stared at the door ahead of me. It felt like someone punched me in the gut whenever she smiled. I must admit, I’m completely baffled by the effects this woman had on me.


I’m not attracted to innocent women because I knew what they wished for. Or what they’re trained for. The perfect life with a big family and kids and the things you would find in those happily ever after stories or craps out there. I didn’t want that. I liked women with careless attitude and those who didn’t give a damn about dangerous and wild things out there.

She wasn’t my type, I told myself over and over again. I’m sure I wasn’t hers either and I couldn’t help but to admit it’s actually stings to know that. I laughed at my own ridiculous thoughts. Why would I even care anyway? Getting rid of the unnecessary thoughts, I was determined to get as much as works done before the repairing crew arrived so tomorrow would be less stressful day for me. 


My friends laughed at me for being so hard-working when I could have other people to do the work for me, but that’s where they’re wrong. I didn’t hire my employees to do my works. I hired them to work alongside with me.

Then I remembered about the important file that went missing and in the end I found it on top of her desk. If the crew came last week then….


My thought was interrupted when I heard the noise coming from outside. The clock showed it was already passed office hour and I wonder where that noise coming from. Stretching back, groaning a little as I did; I got up and spied between the curtains. The noise came from none other than my secretary. What was she doing here at this hour? Every other desk was emptied and it’s not weird since it was already getting late.

I fought the urge to go out and asked her why she was still here. I didn’t in the end and I ended up watching her as she went back and forth between her desk and to the photocopy machine. Then I remembered about the annual meeting that was going to be held by the end of this week and she was already preparing them by now. I guess she wasn’t joking when she said she could keep up with me.
Stacking the papers in one pretty neat row, I guess that was the end of her work for today. She glanced towards her watch and her eyes widened in shock and I think she actually swore a little by the way her lips pursed. Amused, I walked to the door. Her head snapped toward my direction when she heard the door cracked open.


“You’re still here?”

She straightened her back, which I think in effort to keep her professionalism; despite the fact there were no one else around anymore.

“I’m just finishing some work. What about you Mr. Nam?”

Ah, the formality.


“Still being formal, I see.”

I chuckled when I remembered our deal last time, and she flushed red a little. 

Cute.


“Well, we’re still at the office.” 

She just nonchalantly shrugged and closed her eyes and sighed before she looked at her watch again. I knew that instant something was bothering her.

“Something’s wrong?”

Gathering her stuffs in her bag, slowly she turned to face me again.

“I forgot that I took a public transportation today.” 

She bit her lips for a second and I didn’t know why but I did too, mirroring her action.

“I have to go now. Goodbye Mr. Nam.” 


She bid her farewell and I just stupidly stared at her and watched as she walked away but then something just snapped inside me.

“Wait, hold on!”

I’m actually surprised myself when I yelled because I didn’t think it was necessary but the thought of her going back home alone at this hour bothered me very much. Yoonji stopped just before she could reach the elevator and turned to look at me with shock written all over her face. I guess I must have surprised her too with my outburst.


“It’s getting very late. Let me send you home.”

She wanted to protest, I could see it from the look on her face; but I cut her short.

“Look, I’m just being a gentleman here and I wouldn’t let my female employee to go home alone using a public transportationespecially at this hour.”

I sat on the nearest couch at the lounge and continued. “Please don’t make me looks like a selfish boss by rejecting my offer.” 

Leaning back in my seat, I grinned at her and she returned the smile but somehow, I could sense some uneasiness and I wonder why. I explained to her about the crew and she agreed to stay and wait.


“So, what are you going to do tomorrow?”

Yoonji rested back against the couch and stared at me. “Tomorrow?”

“Well, since it’s Valentine’s day I bet you have a hot date waiting for you tomorrow.”

I couldn’t believe I’m actually talking about Valentine’s day with one of my employee right now. Especially her. I wanted to start a conversation but from the way she reacted by the question, I didn’t think it was a good one to start a conversation with. She looked at me for a few seconds before shifting her gaze to somewhere else, unblinking and staring at nothing in particular.


“I don’t have a hot date waiting for me tomorrow and I’m not interested to celebrate it anyway. It’s unnecessary.”

Her answer surprised me a little, considering my early judgment of her earlier on. Our gazes met and I noticed something unspoken inside her eyes. I studied her as she’s fiddling with her bag. Her face was nothing but an unreadable mask but the eyes… 



“You don't have a...”

She stopped from what she was doing and looked up at me and I just forgot what I was thinking. She looked at me expectantly and probably was thinking what the hell was wrong with me but I couldn’t even remember the question I wanted to ask her in the first place. Too soon, the moment was lost when the crew arrived. She excused herself to the ladies and I decided to get away from this woman for a while, whom somehow managed to make me looked like a clueless idiot.

 


Get a grip, Nam Woohyun. And you need to get laid too. Badly.

 

 

 

End of POV

 

 

 

ps; that's my most favourite pic of him