Mixed Emotions

Dazzling JongKey

Jonghyun:

     As he was cleaning up the darkroom all Jonghyun could think about was Hyosung, and his mom

 

     When Jonghyun found out about his mom’s Lupus, he sort of discovered a new value to life as well. He realized that life and love are both more precious than he once thought, and that he had to make every moment count because everything could be taken away in an instant.

 

     Jonghyun definitely wasn’t a , but he didn’t feel ready to have with Hyosung. He didn’t want to sleep with someone just because that person was attractive anymore, but only if he truly loved that person.

 

     Jonghyun adored his mom. His mom was always the one person that could say the right thing no matter what, she was the one who understood him, and who could comfort him during his saddest times. Jonghyun often wondered what he would do if his mom couldn’t afford her medicine, if her situation got worse, if she died… no- he couldn’t let that happen. If he had to sacrifice his own happiness and convictions so that she could be healthy, so be it.

 

     Suddenly there was a knock on the door, and Jonghyun had to shake himself to clear his mind. He quickly wiped away the tears that were threatening to flow from in his eyes, and got up to open the door.

 

     “Hey, Jonhyun.” It was Minho. “I was wondering if you’d like to come with me, Taemin and Key to see a movie after work?” 

 

     “Oh, uh sure; that sounds cool. What time?” Jonghyun asked a bit surprised because he had only met these guys over the weekend.

 

     “Is eight good? It’s the theater just a couple blocks from here” said Minho

 

     “Yeah, eights fine, I’ll meet you at the theater then.” Said Jonghyun, who was kind of looking forward to it for two reasons: one; because he had gotten along with Minho really well at the club, and two; because it gave him a chance to get his mind off of things.

 

Key:

     “Omo, what if he forgot, what if he doesn’t like my hair, are you sure-”

 

     “Key!” Minho interrupted. “Aigoo~ Key, everything’s going to be fine; as long as you stop freaking out” said Minho in a slightly irritated voice.

 

     “But-” Key began.

 

     “Key… Minho’s right, don’t worry. He’s going to be there, you look perfect, and no, we won’t let you run home to get your eyeliner, even if you’d promise to run really fast” Taemin said as he proved once again that he could be responsible despite the fact that he was the maknae.

 

     Key sighed as he continued walking down the street. “okkaay, I’m sorry guys, someone as fabulous as me should be  the one setting a good example and giving the advice, not letting my little Taemin and a frog take care of me~”

 

     When Key, Taemin, and Minho got to the theater, they saw Jonghyun playing arcade games to pass the time.

 

     “Hey, Jonghyun! Sorry were so late, someone had to change outfits three times…” Minho said, looking at Key while Taemin gave him an evil glare and nudged him with his elbow.

 

     “It’s fine. So, what movie are we going to see?” Jonghyun asked.

 

     “Umm… how about The Hobbit?” Taemin suggested.

 

     “Oh, yeah, I heard that that was a really good movie” Jonghyun chimed in.

 

     “The Hobbit it is” said Minho

 

     Key didn’t really know what to do; it was hard to talk because he was afraid he might slip up and say something wrong, or stupid. He knew that Taemin and Minho warned him to act the exact opposite from how he was doing now, to be out going, but every time he tried to look Jonghyun in the eyes his mind went blank.

 

     They got their drinks and snacks, and then went into theater 10, where the movie was playing. Minho sat down first, then Taemin, then Jonghyun, so that Key was forced to sit beside Jonghyun. 

 

     The movie began.

 

     Then it happened, first Minho got up to use the bathroom, and then a few minuets later Taemin followed, giving Key an encouraging smile as he walked past him and through the doors.

 

     They didn’t come back.

 

     Key was really nervous now; he kept looking at Jonghyun and not at the screen. All he could think of is how beautiful Jonghyun was; then, he did it. As Jonghyun leaned over to ask him when the others were coming back, Key leaned in. He reacted before he could think, he kissed Jonghyun.

 

Jonghyun:

     For a second Jonghyun was completely taken aback, then he felt the warmth spread from his lips down to the rest of his being. Jonghyun had never felt like this before, it was amazing. It was as if the whole world crashed around the two of them. Key parted his lips just enough for Jonghyun to slip in his tongue and explore the other’s warm sweet mouth.

 

     When they finally pulled apart Jonghyun was in a sort of daze while Key looked extremely embarrassed.  “I-I’m sorry” Key muttered as he hid his face in his hands. “I just…”

 

     Jonghyun wanted to kiss him again (well, he wanted to do more than that actually) but just as he was about to, he heard a ringtone go off from someone below them in the audience.

 

     The ringtone was “Shy Boy” by Secret.

 

     It was like he was instantly pulled back into reality.

 

     The reality that he could only be with a beautiful, famous girl that he didn’t love and who was totally, completely wrong for him. The reality that this man in front of him whom he suddenly felt such strong feelings for, could never be his. The reality that his mom was not healthy, and that her life was in his hands.

 

     That reality.

 

     Jonghyun suddenly got up, and, without one word ran towards the exit.