Friends

Dazzling JongKey

Jonghyun: 

     It had been a about month since Jonghyun last had a day to himself; he had either been working or spending time with Hyosung. It was nice to just be able to do whatever he felt like. Today he felt like sleeping in.

 

     At around noon, when Jonghyun actually got out of bed, he decided to go out for a walk and maybe get some coffee and a pastry along the way.

 

     It was a beautiful late autumn day, just cold enough for a coat, but not bitter cold yet. As Jonghyun walked past the various shops, and restaurants he decided to turn off his cell; Hyosung could worry if she liked, but this day was all his.

 

     Jonghyun remembered the days when doing something as simple as going for a walk would just bore him, and how nowadays the simple quiet moments were scarce and something of a treasure.  

 

     By the time Jonghyun got home it was nearly dark outside, and as he his phone he saw two messages, one from Hyosung (which he decided to ignore, knowing he’d pay for it later) and one from Jin-ki asking if he wanted to go to a club, with himself and a few guys from work.

 

 

Key:

     Key was reluctant, seeing as he never really was the type to go out drinking, but Minho had forced him to go to the club with them by saying that if Key wasn’t there to , then no one would stop him and Taemin from having some real fun. Key agreed.

 

     As the taxi pulled up to the curb, Key, Taemin, and Minho got out. It really was a nice night, cold, but warm enough that Key could wear his favorite blue cardigan without a big coat to cover it up. Key liked the color because it complemented his blond curls.

 

     When they got inside the club Minho led them towards a group of people who looked slightly familiar. “Hey, guys. This is Key, the new designer for the studio, and our old friend” Minho said to the group of about five other people.  He and Taemin introduced the group of people to Key. There were a couple people from the makeup department, a janitor, and the director of the photography department.

 

     The group had just began ordering their drinks, when Jin-ki yelled across the room to a figure just coming in through the door. “Hey, Jjong! Were over here! Glad you could make it.”  Key’s heart stopped.

 

     It was Jonghyun. Key blushed deeply, and accidently knocked over the drink of a girl standing next to him, getting alcohol all over his clothes. “s-sorry” he managed to stutter out, just before he made a beeline to the restrooms.

 

     Key only had a few seconds to compose himself before Taemin rushed in through the restroom door. “Hey, Key. Is something wrong, you left really suddenly.” Taemin asked as he approached his hyung.

 

     “n-no, hehe; nothing’s wrong. i-I just wanted to use the mirror.” Key said rather unconvincingly.

 

     “Key, come on. You know I can always tell when you’re upset about something” said Taemin.

 

     “Well” Key began, not being able to lie to his dongsaeng; “It’s just that… well you know that guy who was late?”

 

     “No, I didn’t get a good look at him, I was worried about you.” Said Taemin

 

     “Oh. Well, I’ve seen that guy once before. And when I just saw him a few minutes ago I got scared because I kind of thought I was about to have a heart attack, because I have this weird feeling in my chest… I don’t know what’s wrong with me Taemin…” explained Key, who was now sitting on the edge of one of the sinks trying to clean the alcohol off of his cardigan.

 

     Taemin didn’t say anything for a while; he just walked in circles around the restroom with a weird expression while key cleaned up. When, he finally responded, he said “Wow, Key… I don’t know what to say.. other than, I think you may be in love.”

 

     “I know” said Key with a feeling of doom about him. “It’s just that I don’t know what to do. I mean, I’ve never felt like this before, and I’ve never actually dated anyone.”

 

     “Well then, I’m just going to have to help you, aren’t I!” said Taemin.

 

     “Yeah, I guess you will” said Key with a slight smile as he and Key made their way back to the club.

 

Jonghyun:

     When Jonghyun got into the club, he saw Jin-ki calling his name and waving him over. Jonghyun had been to this club many times before.  So he ordered his favorite drink, and made his way over to his friends.

 

     “Hey, guys. Sorry I’m late, I hope I didn’t miss much” Jonghyun said with a smile.

 

     “Nah, we just got here ourselves” said a really tall guy that Jonghyun had seen around the studio. He thought that his name was something like Minho.

 

     It had been about twenty minutes of Jjong and Jin-ki talking to the tall guy and the others dancing, when two guys came up to the three of them.

 

     “Hey guys” said the younger looking of the two, “what did we miss?” he asked as he joined hands with Minho.

 

     “Not much” said Jin-ki with a smile, “where were you two anyways?”

 

     “Oh, just fixing our hair.  You know I really like it this length, but it can be a little hard to manage” Taemin said pointing to his shoulder length ginger-ish hair.

 

     “I think I’ve seen you around, your Jonghyun, right?”

 

     “Yeah” said Jonghyun. “Aren’t you one of the makeup artists?” he asked, as they went over to sit at a nearby table.

 

     Jonghyun was having a good time hanging out with Jin-ki and the guys named Minho and Taemin, and the blond guy they called Key was shy, but he seemed nice.

 

     At around midnight Minho, Taemin, and Key went home, but the rest of the group stayed another couple hours.

 

     “Hey Jjong,” Jin-ki said to his friend. “Sooo, how’s it going between you and Hyosung?”

 

     “What? Fine I guess. I mean we’ve been together a year now, and she’s really beautiful…” Jonghyun said as he walked to a less crowded area. “Why do you ask?”

 

     “Oh, I don’t know, it’s just that she seems to need to be with you all the time. Jjong; this is the first time you’ve just hung out in over a month. Said Jin-ki, whose voice had gone from casual to concerned.

 

     Jonghyun looked like this was not a new thought topic when he said “yeah, I know. It’s just really hard to say no to her… and she is really adorable.”

 

     “Aigoo” Jin-ki said with a slight smile and a shake of his head. “Alright Jjong.  Just make sure you call her when you get home, or you’re going to have hell tomorrow.